Why do most blacks vote Democrat

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#31New Post! Feb 15, 2012 @ 22:47:06
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Yeah, all they gotta do is read what MLK's own niece said. But then they wouldn't be able to call her an Uncle Tom. WTF to do? Call her the black niece of the family???

haha, it's a circle jerk.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#32New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 00:30:25
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The fact that Republicans are racist is a myth, a myth that is exposed by Alveda King, niece of Martin Luther King Jr., in this Newsletter .

All of what she writes is true, Martin Luther King Sr. & Jr. were Republicans. But she ignores one event just before the Kennedy/Nixon election that had a major impact on Black political loyalties. MLK Jr. had been sentenced (by a judge in the then very Democratic state of Georgia) to six months hard labor for participating in a sit-in. The absurd sentence made national news, just days before the election.

The Kennedy Campaign, almost by accident when looking into how the decision to become involved came about, intervened and obtained MLK's release. Nixon, making a fateful political miscalculation that Kennedy had almost made, said "No Comment". That was in the title of a pamphlet the Kennedy campaign put out 2 million copies of, capitalizing on the event. That and MKK's father's and Ralph David Abernathy's very public reversal of support from Nixon to Kennedy, swung black support over to Kennedy, and to which some have ultimately credited his victory.

Few people even remember the event, but it was the beginning of the end for black Republican support. MLK himself, made no endorsement, maintaining his policy of political non-bias, saying, "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both—not the servant or master of either."

If the black community had maintained that policy, instead of locking in 90% of their support for the Democrats, they wouldn't be given lip service and taken for granted by the Democrats as they have been ever since--not to mention the destruction to the black family the Democrats starting with Johnson's "War on Poverty" and "Great Society" wrought, all of which Alveda King so aptly points out.

That's easy.....cause we're smart!! What I would like to know is, why do you care?

Chicago, Illinois
#33New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 00:30:51
@chaski Said

Very insightful. It is a money... economics issue... "pocketbook voting"

Wrong.

There is no monopoly on racism by any particular race, gender, age, etc.

You got that right!
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#34New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 07:43:27
@Spinkiegirl Said

You got that right!

You'd never know it by the way you go on about it.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#35New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 07:45:28
@Spinkiegirl Said

That's easy.....cause we're smart!! What I would like to know is, why do you care?

Tell me first why you think I don't care. Your knee jerk condemnation has always been baseless. And I wonder why you don't respond to the OP.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#36New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 13:19:35
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Absolutely, been goin' on since the 60's affirmative action in the form of quotas, set asides et all, based on the assumption that blacks can't earn it on their own. Racism. If we'd have tackled it on a merit system instead of quotas, we'd have solved the problem long ago just like sports did.

Spoke by one who did not feel the effect of discrimination. This sad stupid history revisionism of yours has NO PLACE in logical debate. Merit system was rigged. If we followed your advice we would still have Jim Crow laws and equality would be now where near present. You REALLY do not know what you are talking about but rather just like the mindless talking points and to hear yourself speak.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#37New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 13:20:48
@ThePainefulTruth Said

You'd never know it by the way you go on about it.

Nah..... that'd be your MO.

Chicago, Illinois
#38New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 20:48:37
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Tell me first why you think I don't care. Your knee jerk condemnation has always been baseless. And I wonder why you don't respond to the OP.

Read it again......I asked "why DO you care?" DAH!! That "OP" means NOTHING to me, that's why I didn't respond.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#39New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 23:31:20
@Spinkiegirl Said

Read it again......I asked "why DO you care?" DAH!! That "OP" means NOTHING to me, that's why I didn't respond.

TPT's just mad that people are not taking the race baiting bait.

Chicago, Illinois
#40New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 23:52:26
@shinobinoz Said

TPT's just mad that people are not taking the race baiting bait.

YEP!!

Chicago, Illinois
#41New Post! Feb 17, 2012 @ 04:36:04
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The fact that Republicans are racist is a myth, a myth that is exposed by Alveda King, niece of Martin Luther King Jr., in this Newsletter .

All of what she writes is true, Martin Luther King Sr. & Jr. were Republicans. But she ignores one event just before the Kennedy/Nixon election that had a major impact on Black political loyalties. MLK Jr. had been sentenced (by a judge in the then very Democratic state of Georgia) to six months hard labor for participating in a sit-in. The absurd sentence made national news, just days before the election.

The Kennedy Campaign, almost by accident when looking into how the decision to become involved came about, intervened and obtained MLK's release. Nixon, making a fateful political miscalculation that Kennedy had almost made, said "No Comment". That was in the title of a pamphlet the Kennedy campaign put out 2 million copies of, capitalizing on the event. That and MKK's father's and Ralph David Abernathy's very public reversal of support from Nixon to Kennedy, swung black support over to Kennedy, and to which some have ultimately credited his victory.

Few people even remember the event, but it was the beginning of the end for black Republican support. MLK himself, made no endorsement, maintaining his policy of political non-bias, saying, "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both—not the servant or master of either."

If the black community had maintained that policy, instead of locking in 90% of their support for the Democrats, they wouldn't be given lip service and taken for granted by the Democrats as they have been ever since--not to mention the destruction to the black family the Democrats starting with Johnson's "War on Poverty" and "Great Society" wrought, all of which Alveda King so aptly points out.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/04/07/46-percent-of-mississippi-republicans-oppose-interracial-marriage.html HUH???? I suppose this may give you some indication to your question!!! Figure it out.....
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#42New Post! Feb 17, 2012 @ 13:21:09
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/04/07/46-percent-of-mississippi-republicans-oppose-interracial-marriage.html HUH???? I suppose this may give you some indication to your question!!! Figure it out.....

Too many idiots out there sis!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#43New Post! Feb 17, 2012 @ 14:41:14
@Spinkiegirl Said

Spinkie -- this is from a recent posting on your linked article:

"Hmm...it would be interesting to see ALL of the results. Like for instance, Mississippi democrats. What is the racial makeup of that 46% of MS republicans? There are non whites that disapprove of interracial marriage as well as whites. Be fair when posting BS like this. BTW, I am a white male married to a black woman and we BOTH are more likely to vote republican and we usually do. This piece is very misleading. Shame on you, Daily Beast."

The bias that is imbedded in any article, from the left or the right, can only be countered by intelligence.... It is unfortunate that any attempt to conduct intelligent discussions will result, more often than not, in the hurling of insulting barbs of ridicule.

Chicago, Illinois
#44New Post! Feb 17, 2012 @ 22:48:31
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Spinkie -- this is from a recent posting on your linked article:

"Hmm...it would be interesting to see ALL of the results. Like for instance, Mississippi democrats. What is the racial makeup of that 46% of MS republicans? There are non whites that disapprove of interracial marriage as well as whites. Be fair when posting BS like this. BTW, I am a white male married to a black woman and we BOTH are more likely to vote republican and we usually do. This piece is very misleading. Shame on you, Daily Beast."

The bias that is imbedded in any article, from the left or the right, can only be countered by intelligence.... It is unfortunate that any attempt to conduct intelligent discussions will result, more often than not, in the hurling of insulting barbs of ridicule.

Let me ask you this...."what intelligent person do you know, would want to outlaw interracial marriage?" I personally don't know ANY!!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#45New Post! Feb 17, 2012 @ 22:53:34
@Spinkiegirl Said

Let me ask you this...."what intelligent person do you know, would want to outlaw interracial marriage?" I personally don't know ANY!!

Well, that makes two of us, Spinkie. However, you seemed to have failed to acknowledge the bias, in your linked article, for what it is.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs