Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

Why do I feel so bad??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
popcorn On November 15, 2007

Gold Coast, Australia
#1New Post! Nov 04, 2007 @ 08:36:15
After 35 years together, my husband has just left me. Our marriage had become unbearable for both of us but I could never leave him. I took my marriage vows very seriously. So, why do I feel so bad? He is hurting too and when we talk now, we both cry. During our marriage I would try to talk to him about problems we were having but nothing ever changed. I had resigned myself to a marriage of convenience. This has rocked me and I am so sad. Please tell me it gets better and that the heartache I'm feeling won't last the rest of my life.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#2New Post! Nov 04, 2007 @ 08:41:06
I think you answered your own question.
colonelbleep On December 15, 2015

, North Carolina
#3New Post! Nov 04, 2007 @ 08:42:01
I suppose it does get better popcorn. I don't know. Other people on here will be able to help better than me. Hang in there .
queenofhearts On December 16, 2009

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 04, 2007 @ 11:37:54
They say times a great healer , its one i have always gone by
xphile2868 On July 01, 2015

Preston, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 05, 2007 @ 18:53:02
What you need to do is cheer up and just take every chance you can to show him that you're not missing him, even if you are. Make it his loss,not yours.
brouhaha On March 16, 2008

Deleted

, Armenia
#6New Post! Dec 07, 2007 @ 00:02:47
It's normal to feel bad after a break up. You were with your husband for 35 years so a big part of your life has gone. If your marriage was very unhappy then one day you will know that divorcing is the right option. Don't feel bad or ashamed at the pain/sadness you are feeling now , it will pass and you will be able to move on. Take it one day at a time. Good luck
dagoddesslatoria On June 04, 2008

indianapolis, Indiana
#7New Post! Dec 07, 2007 @ 06:03:31
hi popcorn im only 21 and i only been in a three year realtionship that has also ended and i was deeply hurt i dont know if it amount to the hurt you are feeling sorry to hear that popcorn but i will be real with you 30 something years is a life time the reason why you so sad is because, that much of your life was wasted and thats why you and him cry when you talk because you both grown to each other and i hate to tell you but its going to take sometime possibly a long time to get over him. take every day at a time popcorn thats all you have left to do. you know your going to be feeling down about this situation for the rest of your life the only way to move on is to really move on and stop talking to him all together REAL TALK.
taffyapple On January 05, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Dec 09, 2007 @ 00:43:31
@popcorn Said
After 35 years together, my husband has just left me. Our marriage had become unbearable for both of us but I could never leave him. I took my marriage vows very seriously. So, why do I feel so bad? He is hurting too and when we talk now, we both cry. During our marriage I would try to talk to him about problems we were having but nothing ever changed. I had resigned myself to a marriage of convenience. This has rocked me and I am so sad. Please tell me it gets better and that the heartache I'm feeling won't last the rest of my life.

Hey, I hope ur feeling a little better tonight. You just need to ride out the waves for awhile. a breakup is like a death, but as time goes by, it does get easier! I do hope the best for you

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs