Forums: Politics:
Gender Issues

Why are men so threatened by strong women

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
essential On August 19, 2009

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:19:03
Violence against women is at an all time high. Maybe this is due to the fact that more women are reporting the attacks or maybe it is down to an increased fear in some men when they see women gaining more freedom.
Activist for womens rights, female politicans and journalist are increasingly becoming victims to men who would rather they shut up or died.
What are these men afraid of? Can it be they are too stubborn to change and veiw women as human beings?
One thing is certain, some men would rather kill than be considered equal to a woman.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:26:57
I wonder if it is not a gender thing. I wonder if some people are just more likely to settle arguments or silence a person with physical violence. More and more women are also becoming physically violent towards partners. As you say this could be simply because more people are reporting this to the authorities.

I do not doubt that there is a certain type of man who will argue and fight and physically hurt a woman but would not dream of standing up against another man.

This works both ways, there are many women who will become physically and mentally abusive to a man but would not dare do this to someone of her own sex.

If we can take gender out of the equasion and look more at why people feel it is acceptable to "hurt the ones we love" and change whatever the hell it is then we can make progress.
deeFXCKINGjay On January 21, 2012
Bannned

, Kazakhstan
#3New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:28:42
I disagree. I think that most men do see woman equally. I don't think that violence to women is about insecurity, more about being a t***. Personally, I dislike feminists, I'm all for woman's rights and all, but I just think they're a bit extreme.
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#4New Post! Sep 05, 2009 @ 14:49:01
@essential Said

Violence against women is at an all time high. Maybe this is due to the fact that more women are reporting the attacks or maybe it is down to an increased fear in some men when they see women gaining more freedom.

Or maybe it's simply due to increasing population figures, all statistics increase as a result, birth rates, crime, traffic congestion and violence against not just women, but everyone.
@essential Said

Activist for womens rights, female politicans and journalist are increasingly becoming victims to men who would rather they shut up or died.

Perhaps, if you're talking about Islamic nutters.
@essential Said

What are these men afraid of? Can it be they are too stubborn to change and veiw women as human beings?

In societies where women are completely subjugated to men (Islam for example) why would they embrace change? Women are merely breeders, cleaners, cooks and sperm receptacles.

@essential Said

One thing is certain, some men would rather kill than be considered equal to a woman.

"Equality is NOT what it's about, it's all about control. Men in these societies have absolute control over women and they intend to keep it.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#5New Post! Sep 05, 2009 @ 14:59:48
Bigotry knows no boundries,just with as xenophopia and racism,some men DO feel threatened by women who have authority. Even though these women do not actually threaten men in any way. Still men feel as though anyone whether by nationality,race or gender is out to diminish their stature! Paranoia runs deep!
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#6New Post! Sep 05, 2009 @ 15:11:23
@KAMPA Said

~snip~ Still men feel as though anyone whether by nationality,race or gender is out to diminish their stature! Paranoia runs deep!

The men I know aren't the least bit concerned with women "diminishing" their stature. It would take a very insecure fellow to even think like that.
Michael718 On March 16, 2010
.... Evil genius?

Deleted

Caprica City, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 05, 2009 @ 15:16:20
Ummm... Whilst i cant argue with statistics, i'd imagine there are more reported cases, as opposed to actual incidents. And the violent sort of people are usually violent to both sexes,a nd those who are misogynistic is usually due to upbringing.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#8New Post! Sep 05, 2009 @ 15:18:21
@treebee Said

I wonder if it is not a gender thing. I wonder if some people are just more likely to settle arguments or silence a person with physical violence. More and more women are also becoming physically violent towards partners. As you say this could be simply because more people are reporting this to the authorities.

I do not doubt that there is a certain type of man who will argue and fight and physically hurt a woman but would not dream of standing up against another man.

This works both ways, there are many women who will become physically and mentally abusive to a man but would not dare do this to someone of her own sex.

If we can take gender out of the equation and look more at why people feel it is acceptable to "hurt the ones we love" and change whatever the hell it is then we can make progress.

This is extremely well put, so I'll repeat it.
It depends on the, person(man), situation, their upbringing. I'd never say "men" in general are threatened by women,many just have to get used to the "new Us'. Society is constantly evolving.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs