The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: The Forum Site:
Feedback & Suggestions

Why TFS is so different than other sites.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#1New Post! Oct 02, 2007 @ 23:54:52
To start out I'm going to give TFS a humoungous hug! Now I'm going to say many things about other forums and compare them to this one. I doubt puting them list style is going to give me any less points than posting it in paragraph form.
TFS compared to other sites
(I'm not nameing names!)
Rank system Your rank is based on a, from what i can tell, very advanced point system, I have never seen this before on any other other forum this is the most 2nd original forum site i have ever seen. Most forums sites base your rank on the number of posts you have done, which is, spammer HEAVEN! Other sites base theres on something else even worse, fame. It sounds good but is extremely hard to rank up on them. Plus if you have a disagreement with someone, they can be extremely immature and defame you. Which is a massive pain. The point system on here eliminates spam (for the most part, stupid trolls ) and encourages peope to make contributive posts and not short chopy ones, like this massive one I'm doing right now.
Not just an average message board
More things to do than the average message Board Many forums just have the average talk thing going on with the exception of a few. TFS has a little bit more. TFS has your own profile and pming ability many forums do not. You can also upload many pics, in many other forums you can not. Lastly, you can have your own journal, believe it or not many other forums do not. I'm not saying TFS is the best forum site they should have many other things that would make it so much better. But, they've gotten really close.

I might inlcude a little more later I leave on the final note of TFSs layout system. It looks different than others. I'm not saying the layout is ggod or bad. I personally do not like it that much the colors and stuff some forums allow you to change the layout of the overall site if this site does O crap I'm sorry. I'm also sorry if a thread like this has been made I felt the need to make one!
-sicros
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 00:31:14
Suck up

Nah, seriously, on behalf of Tino (after all, he built the place, we just hang around and kick a** when people get annoying), thanks for the praise.

I certainly agree with your statements on the points system - much better than ranking up based on number of posts alone, though trust me we still have our resident spammers <cough><cough>princessbubblegum<cough><cough>

Personally I love the PLS measure too. This gives a measure of how your posts compare to the average length of everyone's posts. If you're at 50, you generally post average sized posts. Over 50 and they're longer, under 50 and they're shorter.

Don't let Tino hear me saying this, but I think the place is ripe for a makeover, I think its outgrown the current scheme. We should get a graphic designer in to do it over. I don't think it'll happen any time soon though.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 00:38:09
If TFS got a new scheme I would get confused
idlehands On October 13, 2007

bayville,
#4New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 00:43:07
I like the versatility this site has....depending on your mood, you can pretty much find and participate in anything that suits you at that moment! TFS is immediately accessible.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#5New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 01:50:48
excellent praise there,
i agree with it all.

i've never come across a site that offers the same as tfs i'm not even sure if one exists. which is a bold statement because its a big internet.

as for its theme, even when i joined it was looking a little shabby, i think it could stand to look a litte more impressive, maybe a little more fun. but meh, its only a cover and its a practical and functional one that it has.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#6New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 01:54:53
TFS Rocks and we all know it.
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 02:02:38
Tfs is the best forum site in the world! i wish i had more time for it but ive been sooo busy!
tehremos On November 07, 2008

we don't ave cities down ere,
#8New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 02:22:07
definably the best forum, but i do agree it does need a makeover
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#9New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 02:29:54
TFS, so far, just can't be beat!
The people here make you not want to leave, and keep you coming back for more..it's just an overall fun place!
fieryfaery413 On January 30, 2008

Deleted

My Own Little World....., Ariz
#10New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 02:30:35
@tehremos Said
definably the best forum, but i do agree it does need a makeover

I like TFS the way it is!! Why is everyone going on about getting a makeover for it? If it changed I think it'd be hard on me cuz it's been like this since I joined, it's 'the look' of TFS I'm afraid it'll just look like every other forum if we get a makeover
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#11New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 02:57:06
There's a little bit for everyone here. If you want to debate, chat, do polls, quizzes, keep a journal, etc. etc. we all know the features

Lots of flexibility

I like the layout as it is but I wouldn't mind seeing the colors change. (I am still convinced it is purple even if everyone else says it's light blue)
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#12New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 03:04:39
@annski729 Said
There's a little bit for everyone here. If you want to debate, chat, do polls, quizzes, keep a journal, etc. etc. we all know the features

Lots of flexibility

I like the layout as it is but I wouldn't mind seeing the colors change. (I am still convinced it is purple even if everyone else says it's light blue)

It is light purple..only at the very bottom and the very top of the page is it light blue

#13New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 03:06:16
@loveis Said
It is light purple..only at the very bottom and the very top of the page is it light blue

I got into this whole argument with Missy (I think it was Missy ) a while back over whether it was purple or light blue and I'm sticking to my guns
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 03:07:19
@annski729 Said

Two people, looking at the same thing, can't agree what color it is.

And we are surprised when people can't agree on abortion, the war in Iraq, gay marriage, pharmacists selling the morning after pill, etc....

#15New Post! Oct 03, 2007 @ 03:08:56
@stumblinthrulife Said
Given two people, looking at the same thing, they can't agree what color it is.

And we are surprised when people can't agree on abortion, the war in Iraq, gay marriage, pharmacists selling the morning after pill, etc....

Good point
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs