The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Why Obama's election win is good for all.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 19:11:00
Rosa sat,
So that Martin could stand.
Martin stood,
So that Jessie could walk.
Jessie walked,
So that Barack could run,
Barack ran,
So that all children can win!
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 19:21:51
@shinobinoz Said

Rosa sat,
Martin stood,
Jessie walked,
Barack ran,

And just what do the children win besides massive debt to pay when they're older?
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#3New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 21:53:22
@shinobinoz Said

Rosa sat,
Martin stood,
Jessie walked,
Barack ran,

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#4New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 21:56:54
@iliterate_enginere Said

And just what do the children win besides massive debt to pay when they're older?

Who cares!!! We have so much debt now it's not really going to matter!!! IMO this world we know won't be around long enough for your children's children's to worry about...
SKUBER On July 20, 2009

Deleted

N/A,
#5New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 22:01:01
He will be the President for all, not just the wealthy! He will listen,not ignore! He will be open, not a sneak! He will suggest, not dictate! His desire is for peace, not war! But most of all he is not a wealthy old caucasian!

Chicago, Illinois
#6New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 22:03:38
@SKUBER Said

He will be the President for all, not just the wealthy! He will listen,not ignore! He will be open, not a sneak! He will suggest, not dictate! His desire is for peace, not war! But most of all he is not a wealthy old caucasian!

AMEN!!!
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#7New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 22:49:45
@SKUBER Said

Hooray for platitudes. Oh, and class envy, ageism, and racism all rolled into one nice neat package.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#8New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:08:17
@fractal7221 Said

Hooray for platitudes. Oh, and class envy, ageism, and racism all rolled into one nice neat package.

Class envy .. racism.. .. ? really?

Is that really what you see? It must be terrible to be aware of the past 200 years and now see a black person as president.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#9New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:12:54
@shinobinoz Said

Rosa sat,
Martin stood,
Jessie walked,
Barack ran,

I like this alot. Any person can put words together and say somthing, but it takes a poet to have the words mean something.
RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#10New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:22:53
@shinobinoz Said

Rosa sat,
Martin stood,
Jessie walked,
Barack ran,

This is a good one. I dont know who the originator of this is but I love it! I believe "win" is supposed to be "fly" though. This quote can also be found in the Jay-z version of "My president"
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#11New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:24:05
@RobbyF Said

This is a good one. I dont know who the originator of this is but I love it! I believe "win" is supposed to be "fly" though. This quote can also be found in the Jay-z version of "My president"

Yea.. fly makes more sence.

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:28:17
@doubtingthomas Said

Class envy .. racism.. .. ? really?

Is that really what you see? It must be terrible to be aware of the past 200 years and now see a black person as president.

Kudos for you....this is the Doubtingthomas I know and respect.....my friend!!
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#13New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:32:14
This is nice. I really can't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Obviously, what the children are "winning" is the knowledge that anything really is possible, no matter what your skin color! It's wonderful!

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:37:11
@squirt_aka_casey Said

This is nice. I really can't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Obviously, what the children are "winning" is the knowledge that anything really is possible, no matter what your skin color! It's wonderful!

It takes a good person to see the good in this thread....you my friend have done just that.....and I thank you for your insight my friend!!!
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#15New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 23:46:17
@Spinkiegirl Said

Kudos for you....this is the Doubtingthomas I know and respect.....my friend!!

I mean really, it just blows me away to think of the struggle in this country along of blacks and minorities up until this point. The fact that after our bloody racist history in this country, we now have a leader who is decendant from people who we felt where worth less than cows at one point.

How can people not see that for what it is... simply amazing. Its proof that ANYTHING is possible, no matter how much you might think it isn't. That kind of hope and insperation doesn't come around very often.

I have no friggin idea how anyone could say anything bad about it. You need to be a heartless heel to not see this. This story doesn't just benifit blacks/minorities it benifits whites too. Scratch that it just plain old benifits PEOPLE not just any race. My children will grow up in a world where equality is a REAL, PROVEN, FACT! Not just because she is white but because she is American.

This is HUGE! It is the American social change that only comes around once in a life time.

It brings new found hope for people are still fighting for equality in this country. People who arn't treated equaly under the law. People who are ridiculed, segregated, joked about and talked down too in a regular basis. People who can't enjoy the freedoms granted by our laws.

Obama is just one step in a long road of equality. The next is homosexual rights under the law.

I hope that there is a gay teen some where. Who looks up at the TV seeing a black president take office, and puts it into his mind that he can do anything his heart disires in this country. No matter what his race or sexual persuasion may be.

And it doesn't even need to be president. Hope can inspire a great many things other than presidency. Hope can bring peace and wisdom to the world where there has been war and ignorance. Hope can build bridges when there are century old gaps in understanding and acceptance.

To comment negativly on the greatest achievement of our time does not speak well of anyones character.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs