Atheism

Why I Don't Believe

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 10:25:04
Just read a very interesting article about the nature of unbelief as described by several prominent atheist thinkers:

link

Just wondering what people make of it?
Electric_Banana On about 21 hours ago

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 11:16:09
If someone were clever enough to prove creation, they would also be clever enough to hide that proof.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#3New Post! Jul 30, 2011 @ 02:42:15
@sister_of_mercy Said

Just read a very interesting article about the nature of unbelief as described by several prominent atheist thinkers:

link

It was not that interesting, rather shallow and not thought out. Some of the questions he posed can be answered quite logically. I have nothing against atheist, but I wonder if they are not just as bad as religious fanatics. If you don't believe in a God you have a right to do so.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#4New Post! Jul 30, 2011 @ 02:54:39
Pretty generic article. Those are the basic points of most athiests.
Addison On August 27, 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
#5New Post! Aug 15, 2011 @ 20:37:58
I like it ^_^
LovetheProcess On October 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts
#6New Post! Aug 15, 2011 @ 20:48:04
Particle physicist Victor Stenger added that the God of Jews, Christians and Muslims supposedly plays such an important role in the universe that there should be evidence that he exists. But instead, "there is nothing in the realm of human knowledge that requires anything supernatural, anything beyond matter, to describe our observations."

Except Quantum Physics, look into their newest discoveries. The studies of the perneal gland are also giving new evidence to the existence of source energy.

" The clearest pointer seems to have been suffering. "
What if the new form of quantum physics explains suffering and offers solution.

"In the last 10,000 years there have been roughly 10,000 religions and 1,000 different gods; what are the chances that one group of people discovered the One True God while everyone else believed in 9,999 false gods?"

Again Quantum Physics can explain why all these god were and are gods, and why not one is false.

The answers to these questions are here, if your perceptions allows you to see them, but there is nothing wrong with choosing not to look.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#7New Post! Aug 15, 2011 @ 22:03:09
@sister_of_mercy Said

link

Always looking for "evidence" of "God". C'mon, LOOK around you. How did ALL of this come to be? How about YOU yourself?

I have a hard time grasping an entity being "God", like It's some sort of powerful being hanging out there somewhere.

My belief is "God" is everywhere in everything, and that "God" doesn't become that single entity until all of what is comes back together.

It's all of whet you "believe" in. Atheists aren't wrong, they're just mistaken.

J.R.

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 15, 2011 @ 22:41:27
@JR_Sanford Said

Always looking for "evidence" of "God". C'mon, LOOK around you. How did ALL of this come to be? How about YOU yourself?

I have a hard time grasping an entity being "God", like It's some sort of powerful being hanging out there somewhere.

My belief is "God" is everywhere in everything, and that "God" doesn't become that single entity until all of what is comes back together.

It's all of whet you "believe" in. Atheists aren't wrong, they're just mistaken.

J.R.

Save your spiel, I don't want to be preached at.

#9New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 01:40:12
@sister_of_mercy Said

Save your spiel, I don't want to be preached at.

First you ask, "Just wondering what people make of it?" so I put what I think, then you say "Save your spiel, I don't want to be preached at."

So I wasn't preaching especially at you. I was just posting MY view / belief. YOU took it personally. I apologize for not clarifying.

J.R.

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 01:48:53
@JR_Sanford Said

First you ask, "Just wondering what people make of it?" so I put what I think, then you say "Save your spiel, I don't want to be preached at."

So I wasn't preaching especially at you. I was just posting MY view / belief. YOU took it personally. I apologize for not clarifying.

J.R.

Then you shouldn't have quoted me and you should have referenced the link instead.
tavi168 On June 29, 2013

Shortlands, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 01:58:05
@Electric_Banana Said

If someone were clever enough to prove creation, they would also be clever enough to hide that proof.

Unless you are high on some perception altering drug then your peception of physical 'things' near you is an immediate proof of creation. People made these things that surround you. Your self perception together with your perception of other people and their perception of you is part of a shareable reality.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#12New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 01:58:53
@sister_of_mercy Said

link

2 world views capable of doing as the believers will.

#13New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 02:05:55
@sister_of_mercy Said

Then you shouldn't have quoted me and you should have referenced the link instead.

Ok, feedback accepted. Thanks.

J.R.
Electric_Banana On about 21 hours ago

, New Zealand
#14New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 03:12:00
@tavi168 Said

Unless you are high on some perception altering drug then your peception of physical 'things' near you is an immediate proof of creation. People made these things that surround you. Your self perception together with your perception of other people and their perception of you is part of a shareable reality.

That went way over my head. And I'm pretty sure I won't find the context that you meant.
tavi168 On June 29, 2013

Shortlands, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 03:29:34
@Electric_Banana Said

That went way over my head. And I'm pretty sure I won't find the context that you meant.

I'm sorry for being unclear. We humans have a level of 'free will' to the extent we received a comprehensive education with which we can check evidence [like claims made by advertisere for their products]. All these were developed, manufactured and distributed by retailers. This is part of our human created material world.
We are surrounded by our plannet. Much of the land has been so cultivated so parts look natural this is the result of many generations of human occupation. At lesst in England. Scotland still has some wilderness lands, as do Canada and the USA. This pay shape American perceptions of where there have been no long term human settlement. Hence a notion that if humans didn't great all this then who did? Landscape in the UK has greatly been shapped by past Ice Ages. So there are natural forces, far greater than our history of occupation, have modified. Romans had statues to an un-named God who was worshiped just precautionary or he might get upset with Rome and exact retribution. This is part of European recorded history.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs