Animation

Why Does Everyone Hate Disney Sequels?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 00:05:34
I don't see people bashing the Toy Story sequels.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#3New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 00:45:13
Those that get bashed are those that are made but never make theaters for obvious reasons.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#4New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 00:49:38
More often than not, the sequels that get ridiculed are those 'Straight to DVD/VHS' ones. Like the Air Bud series. First few were in theaters. Then the f***ing 'Buddies' show up and now it's about talking dogs.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 00:50:30
Yeah, those Aladdin and Emperor's New Groove sequels come to mind.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#6New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 04:04:45
@NNewt84 Said

Don't get me wrong; I respect those who hate Disney sequels, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, it seems that every single person on the Internet has an intense hatred for Disney sequels, prequels and midquels, as if to say it's factual that they suck - almost like they are the ones forcing their opinions.

Personally, I like the idea of expanding upon the stories of Disney films - sequels show what happened afterwards, prequels show what happened before, and midquels show what happened, well, somewhere in the middle. Plus, it's always good to see your favourite characters partaking in some new adventures.

However, I respect the haters of Disney sequels, and we are all entitled to our own opinions. So why can't you guys do the same, instead of trying to get everyone on your side?

Which movies are you talking about in particular?
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#7New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 16:19:59
Anyways, last night I watched for the first time "How to Train Your Dragon." and OMG I throughly enjoyed it. I don't think it was ever out in theaters, but I'm definitely going to read all the books now.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 03, 2012 @ 00:24:15
A lot of people my age don't like the sequels as it's never quite the same as when you watch the first one as a kid. I don't really watch them as I've outgrown them (I do want to watch Brave though), but as long as the story isn't lazy and as long as it is genuinely a different story that's worth telling and not an excuse to make money, then I see no problem.

That however, is my problem with Star Wars these days though (but I do think there's a story left to be told to some extent).
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Dec 03, 2012 @ 01:33:01
The vast majority of the Disney sequels are created just to make some more money off the franchise. They are made with low budgets, with lower quality writers, voice actors, animators, and producers, on a rushed schedule.

The "premier" Disney movies are made by Walt Disney Feature Animations. The other movies are not made by this studio - they are made under contract to cheaper studios and then "produced by Disney."
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#11New Post! Dec 03, 2012 @ 01:43:32
@boobagins Said

Anyways, last night I watched for the first time "How to Train Your Dragon." and OMG I throughly enjoyed it. I don't think it was ever out in theaters, but I'm definitely going to read all the books now.

It was in theaters and made like $500 million. It was a great movie.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Dec 03, 2012 @ 01:45:43
Yeah, How To Train Your Dragon was heavily promoted and had a budget of $165 million. They even made a touring "How To Train Your Dragon On Ice" show off of it.

That was Dreamworks, though. Not Disney.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Dec 03, 2012 @ 01:55:18
" toy story " trilogy, i thought it was the best animation movies, i ever saw. of course, they are single movies like " the incredibles ", " wall-e , and " chicken run " are brilliant done, they are fine, and the greatest animation movies, i've seen. when i went to see " the simpsons movie " at the theater, it was pretty bad. this only movie in a long time, i fell sleep through for 15 minutes, i didn't miss much. i don't mind disney make sequels, as long as good with quality behind them. disney is the best, always will be!
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#14New Post! Dec 03, 2012 @ 12:02:01
Nobody has mentioned Tangled which did very well, was Disney without Pixar, and I think one of the best animated movies in recent years, particularly with all the sequels (including Toy Story which I do bash, especially III, and Cars II!). There was even a short sequel to it but I guess you had to catch it on TV or DVD.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#15New Post! Dec 03, 2012 @ 13:20:12
@thequietman Said

It was in theaters and made like $500 million. It was a great movie.

@jonnythan Said

Yeah, How To Train Your Dragon was heavily promoted and had a budget of $165 million. They even made a touring "How To Train Your Dragon On Ice" show off of it.

That was Dreamworks, though. Not Disney.

That must have been the time where I didn't watch tv for like four years. Either way, it was fantastic...I hope the books are good even though they're YA.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs