Why Christians will never admit they are wrong

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#1New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 17:55:23
This is just why they wouldn’t ever admit their… uh, wrongness.

Here’s what happens to atheists if they are proven wrong:

1. They lose good standing in the scientific community and public eye

2. They are embarrassed

3. They get a shot at eternal life

Here’s what happens to theists if they are proven wrong:

1. They are crushed to discover that they don’t have all the answers

2. They lose their imagined magic powers (turning bread into flesh, exorcising demons, etc.)

3. They lose direct contact with a magical supernatural being with infinite powers who loves them

4. They lose free self-counseling (through prayer)

5. They lose eternal life after death.

6. They are exposed as prejudiced for their homophobic views, which can no longer be justified by the bible (conservatives/fundamentalists only).

7. They have to find a real job (priests, pastors, rabbis, etc. only)

8. They are embarrassed, possibly shaming their families’ names for generations to come.

9. They are the object of sheer, unbridled contempt for their genocides, prejudices, and idiotic political beliefs that have plagued society, much like a post-Holocasut Germany.

10. Many will become depressed and commit suicide because of their inability to live life for the sake of living it.

and the list goes on.

OK, so, the point is that theists just have too much to lose to every admit being wrong. Atheists, as I have pointed out, have significantly less.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 18:09:55
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

2. They are embarrassed

2. They lose their imagined magic powers (turning bread into flesh, exorcising demons, etc.)

3. They lose direct contact with a magical supernatural being with infinite powers who loves them

6. They are exposed as prejudiced for their homophobic views, which can no longer be justified by the bible (conservatives/fundamentalists only).

8. They are embarrassed, possibly shaming their families’ names for generations to come.

9. They are the object of sheer, unbridled contempt for their genocides, prejudices, and idiotic political beliefs that have plagued society, much like a post-Holocasut Germany.

10. Many will become depressed and commit suicide because of their inability to live life for the sake of living it.

and the list goes on.

OK, so, the point is that theists just have too much to lose to every admit being wrong. Atheists, as I have pointed out, have significantly less.

Atheists have eternal ,life in peace, health and happiness to miss out on.

Will atheists ever admit they are wrong, because they are. I know, been there done that, binned the T shirt.

You are like so many of your ilk, you believe you are so much smarter than anyone who doesn't think as you do.

Well I have news for you, you may well be a lot smarter than I, but there are people far smarter than you that recognise the True God for what He is and worship Him.
Logical Alien

#3New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 18:16:53
As I've said before, once and if God is proven to be real, I'll admit I was wrong but that's it. Yes there sure are smarter people than I that believe in God, and that's quite unfortunate and rare. It's like someone going to school and getting all the degree's to become a Doctor, yet they go off to be some hippy. Doesn't make sense.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#4New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 18:46:29
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

2. They are embarrassed

and the list goes on.

If an atheist is proven wrong i.e. if it is proved that god exists, the last thing the atheist is going to care about is being embarrassed or losing credibility in the eyes of meager humans. That atheist now has a god, the creator of everything, that is waiting for an explanation.
Logical Alien

#5New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 18:52:11
@galasTAray Said

If an atheist is proven wrong i.e. if it is proved that god exists, the last thing the atheist is going to care about is being embarrassed or losing credibility in the eyes of meager humans. That atheist now has a god, the creator of everything, that is waiting for an explanation.

And a smart Atheist won't have to give an explanation and will go to hell with pride, knowing they only did what was right to them at the time.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#6New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 18:56:33
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

And a smart Atheist won't have to give an explanation and will go to hell with pride, knowing they only did what was right to them at the time.

With pride? There's no such thing as pride if you stand before a god. They created you, they created pride, and they can take either away. What sort of movie do you think this is where a god can't simply make you drop dead at the snap of its fingers?
Logical Alien

#7New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 18:58:32
@galasTAray Said

With pride? There's no such thing as pride if you stand before a god. They created you, they created pride, and they can take either away. What sort of movie do you think this is where a god can't simply make you drop dead at the snap of its fingers?

And you've just pointed out why I'm an Atheist.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 18:59:38
@MadCornishBiker Said

Atheists have eternal ,life in peace, health and happiness to miss out on.

Will atheists ever admit they are wrong, because they are. I know, been there done that, binned the T shirt.

You are like so many of your ilk, you believe you are so much smarter than anyone who doesn't think as you do.

Well I have news for you, you may well be a lot smarter than I, but there are people far smarter than you that recognise the True God for what He is and worship Him.

this may come as quite a shock cornish .. but i personally don't want eternal life .. ... oh and i'm interested in one aspect of your post .... you exhort vixen to recognise the true god and worship him ....let me ask you this question ... when you contemplate the reason why non believers don't believe ... what answer do you come up with ?
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#9New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 19:01:46
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

And you've just pointed out why I'm an Atheist.

No, I was arguing what you'd do when you know there was a god i.e. when they god was proved to exist. Knowing that and knowing that that god could do absolutely anything to you, why would you care of pride or of right or wrong? That god controls everything, your thoughts, your pride, your conscience, your afterlife, everything. Your balls are in that god's hands.
Logical Alien

#10New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 19:01:59
I also don't want eternal life.
Logical Alien

#11New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 19:03:24
@galasTAray Said

No, I was arguing what you'd do when you know there was a god i.e. when they god was proved to exist. Knowing that and knowing that that god could do absolutely anything to you, why would you care of pride or of right or wrong? That god controls everything, your thoughts, your pride, your conscience, your afterlife, everything. Your balls are in that god's hands.

And I've stated that with pride, we Atheist will go to hell knowing we only did what we felt we should do at the time. I will feel pride til God took it away and sent me to hell. I don't care what he does to me, that will just prove that he doesn't deserve my love and worship.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#12New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 19:05:55
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

And I've stated that with pride, we Atheist will go to hell knowing we only did what we felt we should do at the time. I will feel pride til God took it away and sent me to hell. I don't care what he does to me, that will just prove that he doesn't deserve my love and worship.

That god will make you love them and make you worship them whether you like it or not. And that god will take away your conscience, your pride, everything. You will have nothing.
Logical Alien

#13New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 19:07:32
@galasTAray Said

That god will make you love them and make you worship them whether you like it or not. And that god will take away your conscience, your pride, everything. You will have nothing.

Oh, so now he will force me to love him? So then why does hell exist to religious people? If he can force us to love him, why is he threatening us to send us to hell? It doesn't make sense. Also, why am I atheist if he can force me to love him?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs