The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

Why African American predominated groups are ok...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#31New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 16:43:25
@SKUBER Said

Feeling sorry about slavery is not really as important as realizing that it did happen,and many of the social problems of today grew directly from it. History will not go away, it will haunt this nation to its grave,if it is never recognized that the legacy of slavery is still with us.

Is there anyone on this forum that feels that slavery didn't happen?
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#32New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 20:46:20
@doubtingthomas Said

lol you made me spit my coffie out.
LOL how did you get that from what I posted, I will never know.

I even re-read what I posted to make sure thats NOT what I posted.

I'll put it in simple simple examples for you.

Did you own a slave?---- The answer i'm sure is no.
Did I own a slave? --- The answer Im very sure is also no.

Are either of us guilty of slavery and do we owe anyone who is a slave an apology? -- The answer is very solidly NO.

Take responsibly for your own actions, because like I said previously. Only YOU will be held accountable for them.

This whole generational punishment is one of the major things thats wrong with this world. People killing and blaiming each other for things thier grandfathers did to thier other grandfathers. Its fking stupid and it needs to stop.

That IS important to keep in mind. I've read that 1 of the reasons behind the ethnic cleansing in Yugoslavia was because the Muslims defeated the Serbs at the Battle of the Field of Blackbirds in 1389. Obviously no 1's proposing ethnic cleansing because of slavery, but it should serve as a warning against letting past injustices rule your present life.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#33New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 23:37:27
@doubtingthomas Said

Good point!

In fact, most people have forgotten that slavery still exists today. Think of all the Vietnamese teenagers sold to Americans and then prostituted on the streets for sex slaves.
The white American person should not have apologize to blacks for slavery, but our government, including Barack Obama should because it was the government that made slavery legal.
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#34New Post! Jul 20, 2009 @ 23:46:07
any group that is design to allow members that are part of a certain ethnic group is neither good or bad, however, white only clubs, groups, etc.. are looked down upon because they tie back to Hitler's philosophy. They promote violence and what Hitler refered to as "racial cleansing." African-american and Hispanic street gangs, among other nationalites, also premote violence, that's why I don't like groups that are only one ethnicity because they become violent and then it becomes a problem. It's not always true, of course but most of the time, it is. I personally would never be involved in any ethnicly oriented group. I consider myself an international person, meaning, I prefer to be around different ethnic groups.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd appreciate it.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#35New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 04:42:37
@doubtingthomas Said

Are either of us guilty of slavery and do we owe anyone who is a slave an apology? -- The answer is very solidly NO.

Take responsibly for your own actions, because like I said previously. Only YOU will be held accountable for them.

This whole generational punishment is one of the major things thats wrong with this world. People killing and blaiming each other for things thier grandfathers did to thier other grandfathers. Its fking stupid and it needs to stop.

How is it that you can jump from the country owing an appology to the individual owing an appology I'll never know.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#36New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 04:45:40
@doubtingthomas Said

Better question:
Anyone that feels that slavery did good for blacks?

I've heard that line of bull$hit before.
Free housing
Free food
Not a worry in the whole world
Look they would be back in the jungle killing each other if not- and see they are now in the bestest country in the universe.

Yup heard this kind of $hit too often.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#37New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 04:47:49
@crazylikeafox Said

That IS important to keep in mind. I've read that 1 of the reasons behind the ethnic cleansing in Yugoslavia was because the Muslims defeated the Serbs at the Battle of the Field of Blackbirds in 1389. Obviously no 1's proposing ethnic cleansing because of slavery, but it should serve as a warning against letting past injustices rule your present life.

More likely than not - it's the stepping on peoples toes and telling them to get over it that your country will not appologize that creates most wars.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#38New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 04:49:11
@rocket48 Said

Good point!

In fact, most people have forgotten that slavery still exists today. Think of all the Vietnamese teenagers sold to Americans and then prostituted on the streets for sex slaves.
The white American person should not have apologize to blacks for slavery, but our government, including Barack Obama should because it was the government that made slavery legal.

I believe that is what has been asked for.
Same with First Nations and the ethnic cleansing and genocide the usa forced on them.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#39New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 04:51:56
@hazuki0chan Said

any group that is design to allow members that are part of a certain ethnic group is neither good or bad, however, white only clubs, groups, etc.. are looked down upon because they tie back to Hitler's philosophy. They promote violence and what Hitler refered to as "racial cleansing." African-american and Hispanic street gangs, among other nationalites, also premote violence, that's why I don't like groups that are only one ethnicity because they become violent and then it becomes a problem. It's not always true, of course but most of the time, it is. I personally would never be involved in any ethnicly oriented group. I consider myself an international person, meaning, I prefer to be around different ethnic groups.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd appreciate it.

Mostly right. But my family strives for saving our cultural heritage. It's not like we boot out anyone that is interested in First Nations (remember there are over 500 nations) culture. Only the posers and the one's illegally trying to profit from it.
2nd_Evil_Head On March 24, 2015

Elmira,
#40New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 04:57:35
@doubtingthomas Said

As long as there are 2 people in this world with working fingers and toes. There will always be someone who will point to the other person as being the cause of all thier own problems.

Take responsiblty for your own actions for you are the only person that needs to be held accountable for them.

I agree, and I would also like to add that we should be, and were meant to be a nation of free INDIVIDUALS FIRST, and not identify ourselves as just a part of a race or ethnic group. We should try to judge each individual we meet on the content of their CHARACTER only.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#41New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 05:00:41
@2nd_Evil_Head Said

I agree, and I would also like to add that we should be, and were meant to be a nation of free INDIVIDUALS FIRST, and not identify ourselves as just a part of a race or ethnic group. We should try to judge each individual we meet on the content of their CHARACTER only.

Had a pretty goddamn rocky start then for the first 200 years plus though.
2nd_Evil_Head On March 24, 2015

Elmira,
#42New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 05:20:30
@shinobinoz Said

Had a pretty goddamn rocky start then for the first 200 years plus though.

At least we started 8) We are a young country, and on these matters, no one gets it right the first time. I really don't think we should bemoan the wrongs of the past, because if you look back far enough, every race, group, tribe, nation, and planning committee has commited the same crimes against another group at some point in their history, but the white race has done it on a grand scale, IMHO.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#43New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 05:24:53
@shinobinoz Said

Better question:
Anyone that feels that slavery did good for blacks?

I've heard that line of bull$hit before.
Free housing
Free food
Not a worry in the whole world
Look they would be back in the jungle killing each other if not- and see they are now in the bestest country in the universe.

Yup heard this kind of $hit too often.

You are killing here......always 100% right.....do you ever stop being the voice of reason round here? DON'T you EVER change.....I know for a FACT Shinobinoz, 'SLAVERY' did a whole lot for some of my ancestors the white ones anyway......but I don't think it did much for the black ancestors.....go figure!!!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#44New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 05:58:29
@shinobinoz Said

More likely than not - it's the stepping on peoples toes and telling them to get over it that your country will not appologize that creates most wars.

SO f***ING TRUE!!! If I had just one dime for every time I heard ..."just get over it" please....we got over it......and we did so WITHOUT the f***ing apology ......we have trillions of apologies in the MANY blacks in America and around the world....who have given us their HISTORIC achievements and contributions to this nation and the world! We have their success to remind us that we can.....IMO...ONLY those people who are okay with America's EVIL past, might not ever accept what is RIGHT, and that is EQUALITY......SLAVERY should have never happened......there is NO compassion in the hearts of those who simply say: "I didn't own slaves...why should I apologize, get over it....it's in the past." Cool with me......let me say....in all honesty......black Americans don't give a dam about an APOLOGY!!!!! And lastly....let me APOLOGIZE on behalf of blacks in America....."we are sorry we put you all through any pain and hardship by inhabiting your great country." How can we make it up to you?
Michael718 On March 16, 2010
.... Evil genius?

Deleted

Caprica City, United Kingdom
#45New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 12:16:08
@doubtingthomas Said

sorry i have an abstract mind. I know thats not what you meant but i couldnt see it any other way
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs