The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

Why African American predominated groups are ok...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#286New Post! Sep 15, 2009 @ 19:27:26
I totally agree with Charlemagne.
We ALL need to join the on going fight against slavery today. It is not the history It still is not part of our world .
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#287New Post! Sep 16, 2009 @ 03:31:59
@Charlemagne Said

I completely reject collective white guilt. Such rubbish. I never owned a slave, my grandfather never owned a slave nor did my great grandfather own a slave.

The theory of White privilege in America assuredly held some merit in 1935, 1955, and even after the advent of affirmative action in 1961.

By the late '70s, Basic flaws in affirmative action were more apparent and the practice became to be recognized criticized as reverse discrimination after the Bakke case tried by SCOTUS.

https://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0841421.html

No apology from me.

Affirmative action may have had quotas in the past. That is not the present. Reverse discrimination is easily used to promote a new founded type of racism IMHO- and not against the majority culture.

Let me see if I can make this scenario a bit clearer.

There is a football league where one race only is allowed to play (white). The reward to players is wealth and comfort. That has been the way it has always been. Minorities are not allowed to play- but do so on vacant lots sans equipment besides the football.
Eventually some minority leagues are formed by minority businesses. For the most part- the playing level is not on an even par as experience and equipment is very lacking for the minority teams. There are a number of poor whites that play on the minority league which leads to a few non-league games between the "regular" (white) league and the minority league. This occurs over the objections of the un-enlightened fans, teams, and couches.

Eventually however the leagues unite but the teams stay fairly seperate. The minority teams (still disadvantaged) do not preform as well as the "regular" (white) teams for all of the reasons (and then some previously stated). Recruitment for the best teams is intense and eventually the brightest players of any race can play for the best teams.

This is in essence what has been happening over the past half century in america for minorities striving for wealth and comfort.

You don't have to like it. You may feel some of the pain (very very minor that it be) that minorities have struggled under in crushing soul tearing agony. You might just get passed over by a minority of equal capabilties, experience, and education because there are just very few minorities in that job that have had the education and experience- or did not have the support of parents that had any of that stablility.
You don't have to like it. But you should understand it!

Soon. How soon? Hopefully not long!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#288New Post! Sep 16, 2009 @ 03:47:08
@Charlemagne Said

I completely reject collective white guilt. Such rubbish. I never owned a slave, my grandfather never owned a slave nor did my great grandfather own a slave.

The theory of White privilege in America assuredly held some merit in 1935, 1955, and even after the advent of affirmative action in 1961.

By the late '70s, Basic flaws in affirmative action were more apparent and the practice became to be recognized criticized as reverse discrimination after the Bakke case tried by SCOTUS.

https://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0841421.html

No apology from me.

Who asked you for an apology in the first place? I sure as hell don't need or want one!!! You need not to have ever owned slaves in this country to have benefited from them being here!!! This nation of ours was built in part on the backs of slaves....who by the way were paid little or nothing!! Every wealthy, successful black person on earth is all the APOLOGY that is needed.....
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#289New Post! Sep 16, 2009 @ 03:47:54
@shinobinoz Said

Affirmative action may have had quotas in the past. That is not the present. Reverse discrimination is easily used to promote a new founded type of racism IMHO- and not against the majority culture.

Let me see if I can make this scenario a bit clearer.

There is a football league where one race only is allowed to play (white). The reward to players is wealth and comfort. That has been the way it has always been. Minorities are not allowed to play- but do so on vacant lots sans equipment besides the football.
Eventually some minority leagues are formed by minority businesses. For the most part- the playing level is not on an even par as experience and equipment is very lacking for the minority teams. There are a number of poor whites that play on the minority league which leads to a few non-league games between the "regular" (white) league and the minority league. This occurs over the objections of the un-enlightened fans, teams, and couches.

Eventually however the leagues unite but the teams stay fairly seperate. The minority teams (still disadvantaged) do not preform as well as the "regular" (white) teams for all of the reasons (and then some previously stated). Recruitment for the best teams is intense and eventually the brightest players of any race can play for the best teams.

This is in essence what has been happening over the past half century in america for minorities striving for wealth and comfort.

You don't have to like it. You may feel some of the pain (very very minor that it be) that minorities have struggled under in crushing soul tearing agony. You might just get passed over by a minority of equal capabilties, experience, and education because there are just very few minorities in that job that have had the education and experience- or did not have the support of parents that had any of that stablility.
You don't have to like it. But you should understand it!

Soon. How soon? Hopefully not long!

So true.....so very true!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs