Who will swallow the Corona virus debt?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
MisterX On August 10, 2022

Saint Petersburg,
#16New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 04:03:41
@MisterX Said

Medicare pays nearly all of thle hospital bills, and it is the bread and butter of the medical system.

Right down to the ambulance that transports them to the ER, or doctor visit. Medicare is the sacred cow of the medical world.
Electric_Banana On about 12 hours ago

, New Zealand
#17New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 16:02:20
@GreatestIam2 Said

Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Poverty is a condition imposed by governments through the tax system.

The world will have to pay dearly, not only now, but in the near future, for the hardships cause by this pandemic and the various other upcoming health crisis.

We are already handing our children a dying planet. Will we saddle them with more poverty as well?

Poverty is created by the tax system. Gandhi also said that to impose poverty was a crime.

The tax system is controlled by the rich. Demographically speaking, this fact is proven by their outrageous demographic position and control of the legislation.

Will the rich swallow the huge debt that will soon hit us, or will they place the debt as more poverty for our next extinction bound generation?

The next tax laws, everywhere, will show if more poor die, or if the rich will give up their loose change, which is all that it takes, to end poverty.

Regards
DL

Us poorkins catalyze and brew within our weakened systems the viruses which inevitably find their way to the rich kids and send their factory hands to the hospitals.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#18New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 20:41:46
@chaski Said

But seriously... The poor don't have the money to pay, and the rich aren't going to pay. The middle class... sometimes called the working class.... will foot the bill.

The poor do not have the money, I agree, and pressure on the middle class will likely help more poor die from lack of the usual help from the workers.

That is the price the poor will pay.

The middle class have been on a downhill for many years now. I hope they grow some stones and bring the rich to heel.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#19New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 20:46:27
@Leon Said

The poor always suffer the most.

And given trends in the past 50 years, more will continue to be squeezed into that subset.

I agree, for most countries, but wonder, because of the U.S.'s poor pay for health services system, if the poor who can get it free are not better off than your middle class who can't afford a decent plan.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#20New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 20:49:11
@dookie Said

I agree. The rich and powerful will always look after themselves.

I disagree in the sense that if the rest of us do not look after the poor, they, like you and I would do, would make the bastards pay.

The poor and oppressed will do whatever crimes etc. that they have to to survive.

Beg, borrow or steal.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#21New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 20:52:14
@mrmhead Said

And what about New York? They should pass state legislation to say that no part of any workers federal taxes should go to the fight against COVID since trump won't let them have a vaccine!

I wonder how long it will be before either California or Ney York get fed up with the feds and threaten to succeed.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#22New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 20:56:56
@crusty_fart Said

The pro-lockdown crowd wanted this debt, they can pay it back. Its what they wanted.

If you pro-lockdown and next years Great Depression hits you, well boo f***ing hoo, you caused it.

To not be pro lock down is to be stupid, if the numbers warrant it, and they do.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#23New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 21:04:38
@crusty_fart Said

Ignore me, its the lockdown blues getting to me.

Find a worthy mental challenge or cause to concentrate on.

There is a lot of harm still being done by the mainstream religions.

Harm reduction is a decent mental exercise.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#24New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 21:07:22
@MisterX Said

No one will pay it, and it will be rolled into the debt. America has not zeroed-out its debt since 1965 or so.

IOW, Americans will pass the debt to their children, just as they have with medical and education debts.

As if they did not already have enough on their future plate.

Nice parenting. Not.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#25New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 21:13:08
@Electric_Banana Said

Us poorkins catalyze and brew within our weakened systems the viruses which inevitably find their way to the rich kids and send their factory hands to the hospitals.

Weakened??

Not in terms of wealth because we have never been so strong.

That is why this situation pisses me off.

The rich, instead of stepping up, are strangely silent, just as the governments are in telling us who will foot the final bill.

Regards
DL
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#26New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 22:35:07
@GreatestIam2 Said

I agree, for most countries, but wonder, because of the U.S.'s poor pay for health services system, if the poor who can get it free are not better off than your middle class who can't afford a decent plan.

Regards
DL

As far as healthcare, yes. As long as Obamacare is upheld.

Ottawa, Canada
#27New Post! Nov 23, 2020 @ 22:44:09
@Leon Said

As far as healthcare, yes. As long as Obamacare is upheld.

A good start to a single payer system.

Most countries with such systems pay about half the GDP that the U.S. pays for their really expensive health care.

Nice to be so rich, or bankrupt should you get the wrong illness or condition.

Regards
DL

Saint Petersburg,
#28New Post! Nov 24, 2020 @ 01:41:58
@GreatestIam2 Said

IOW, Americans will pass the debt to their children, just as they have with medical and education debts.

As if they did not already have enough on their future plate.

Nice parenting. Not.

Regards
DL

Yes, that is what I mean. America has been dishonest since the end of WWII. There were things too scary for them to face.

Russia and China were too scary to face, so America started something called The Cold War.

Yeah, that worked out well. Now China has gutted American industry, with more to follow.

They have become a near-peer to America, by using Americas own money.

Well, I need to stop, before I go a'wandering.

Saint Petersburg,
#29New Post! Nov 24, 2020 @ 01:48:55
CRAP!
I double posted.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#30New Post! Nov 24, 2020 @ 02:23:32
@MisterX Said

Yes, that is what I mean. America has been dishonest since the end of WWII. There were things too scary for them to face.

Russia and China were too scary to face, so America started something called The Cold War.

Yeah, that worked out well. Now China has gutted American industry, with more to follow.

They have become a near-peer to America, by using Americas own money.

Well, I need to stop, before I go a'wandering.

So then when is the "Again" the MAGAts were hoping for?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs