Random

Who,s started their Christmas shopping?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#16New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 00:53:35
I made a list of who to buy for, how much to spend on each person, gift ideas. I have bought a few small things. I usually go to America to do my Christmas shopping as the money is good right now and they have amazing deals.

I also write a list of what I want so Max can buy it for me.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#17New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 01:07:41
@DorkySupergirl Said

I also write a list of what I want so Max can buy it for me.

He's just gonna use your wallet to buy it!

, Canada
#18New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 01:09:05
@GSnap Said

He's just gonna use your wallet to buy it!

I know and it gets worse, I bought some presents for a friend of mine and was not allowed to put my name on the tags, they all said to so and so, love Max.

He is getting coal this year.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#19New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 01:09:33
@DorkySupergirl Said

I know and it gets worse, I bought some presents for a friend of mine and was not allowed to put my name on the tags, they all said to so and so, love Max.

Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#20New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 01:28:24
@DorkySupergirl Said

Will the tracking number tell you when it gets here?
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#21New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 01:30:58
I have no inclination of celebrating anything and won't for a long time.

Just another day!
Olivia_Kelly On March 04, 2011

#22New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 01:51:31
I haven't started shopping yet, but I got excited just thinking about it. I normally get a present for each member of my immediate family, so 3.

, Canada
#23New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:08:37
@Wingsy Said

Will the tracking number tell you when it gets here?

Yes it does, it will say when it arrived at the delivery center and then it should say when it goes out for delivery.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#24New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:10:58
What cracks me up is going into craft, home improvement and general merchandise stores. In three aisles I see Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. To be honest, it's a bit disconcerting.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#25New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:13:18
@LuckyCharms Said

What cracks me up is going into craft, home improvement and general merchandise stores. In three aisles I see Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. To be honest, it's a bit disconcerting.

It's all about the green, and I don't mean the christmas tree. ]

Can't be too mad at 'em though, they are in it to make money!

I kind of have to admit I sorta like seeing all the hoopla. Even though I may not be buying it i kinda like seeing it, but then again I also feel this devil and angel on the shoulder kind of thing because I also get pissed at the sheer commerce of it all.

But then again, back to the starting point of the circle, merchants are there to make money, not necessarily sing us songs from Tiny Tim!

, Canada
#26New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:16:16
@LuckyCharms Said

It is nice because here we have Thanksgiving in October so we have time to get to Christmas without seeing Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas out at the same time. It is nice to have the space between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Magically Delicious

#27New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:16:56
@GSnap Said

It's all about the green, and I don't mean the christmas tree. ]

Can't be too mad at 'em though, they are in it to make money!

I kind of have to admit I sorta like seeing all the hoopla. Even though I may not be buying it i kinda like seeing it, but then again I also feel this devil and angel on the shoulder kind of thing because I also get pissed at the sheer commerce of it all.

But then again, back to the starting point of the circle, merchants are there to make money, not necessarily sing us songs from Tiny Tim!

I so know what you mean. They are stores. They're not there to be charities. They have employees and over head. They want good sales for the holiday and in a sucky economy it doesn't hurt to start early.

But at the same time, it's a bit garish seeing them all together. Nothing says Autumn quite like a skeleton, a pilgrim and Santa side by side by side.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#28New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:18:49
@LuckyCharms Said

I so know what you mean. They are stores. They're not there to be charities. They have employees and over head. They want good sales for the holiday and in a sucky economy it doesn't hurt to start early.

But at the same time, it's a bit garish seeing them all together. Nothing says Autumn quite like a skeleton, a pilgrim and Santa side by side by side.

I know. I was in Lowes today and saw just that. Not much thanksgiving stuff, but a tad...one aisle was Santa, the other the grim reaper, and in yet another, a pilgrim and his wife.

Garish is the perfect word!

EDIT: THREE aisles were for santa and his henchmen and women!
Magically Delicious

#29New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:19:59
@GSnap Said

I know. I was in Lowes today and saw just that. Not much thanksgiving stuff, but a tad...one aisle was Santa, the other the grim reaper, and in yet another, a pilgrim and his wife.

Garish is the perfect word!

EDIT: THREE aisles were for santa and his henchmen and women!

I also liked the combination of the skeleton, the turkey and Santa. There was some serious irony in there.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#30New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 02:21:46
Well, I've thought a little about what kinda molds I need. And I know a better source to get the chocolate. But yeah that is about it, I usually start thinking about Christmas after Halloween.
When Death was around we would go all out for Halloween, so it was spending a lot more money. Famine and Pestilence never got as excited for Halloween.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs