Relationships

Who Pays The Babysitter?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 08:44:14
It's one thing for the guy to pay for the date, I get some people still like that...but to expect him to pay for the babysitter when he has nothing to do with the kids yet and hasn't even met them is totally unreasonable.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#32New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 09:09:08
@DorkySupergirl Said

If a man invites a woman who has kids out on a date, is he responsible for paying for the babysitter?

The reason I am asking, I just heard from a friend who had a date and she is not seeing him again. He is polite, respectful, paid for the whole date but did not offer to pay the babysitter so she is not seeing him again.

So if she goes out with a friend to a movie, is the friend suppose to pay for the babysitter for her?

I think he is lucky that she does not want to see him again. If she expects that much on date one, I can only imagine the misery he would experience after a few months...
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#33New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 15:15:16
@Jennifer1984 Said

Hmmm.

On the surface of it, I would generally be in agreement with the consensus on here. She should pay for her own babysitter. The child is hers and it's her responsibility. It really is expecting too much to demand that her date pay the babysitter.

However.

We don't know this woman's circumstances. Think about it for a moment, people..... She's a single mother, very possibly on a limited income.

It could be that she hasn't been out in some considerable time because she can't afford to. Put yourself in that position... you're a single mother in a life of drudgery which focuses solely on caring for a child... you haven't been out in goodness knows how long. Very possibly, the cost of a babysitter could be the difference between eating and not eating tomorrow.

The simple thing would be to not go on the date... but it's been soooooooooo long. The need to just get out for one lousy night is too much, and in that situation, a woman could be tempted to brazen it out and get him to pay for the sitter too.

OK... that is a theoretical scenario, but it's a plausible one. We are all being very judgemental, whilst in possession of only one side of the story.

There are always two sides to every story.

She is actually a friend of mine, she is in no way struggling for money or in a position not to be able to afford a sitter. As I mentioned in other posts, she hires a sitter whenever she goes out to movies etc with her friends. She even said she would not have taken his money for the sitter but he should have offered.

As mentioned, she is old fashioned and thinks men ought to be paying for dates and she was brought up this way. Times have changed but was out of dating world and did not see it.

The only reason it has been awhile since she dated is because the divorce was hard on her and her children.
raditz On March 24, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#34New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 15:16:31
@DorkySupergirl Said

She is actually a friend of mine, she is in no way struggling for money or in a position not to be able to afford a sitter. As I mentioned in other posts, she hires a sitter whenever she goes out to movies etc with her friends. She even said she would not have taken his money for the sitter but he should have offered.

As mentioned, she is old fashioned and thinks men ought to be paying for dates and she was brought up this way. Times have changed but was out of dating world and did not see it.

The only reason it has been awhile since she dated is because the divorce was hard on her and her children.

I agree that the man should be paying for the date, but paying for a sitter for kids that aren't his....no. lol
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#35New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 15:18:44
@raditz Said

I agree that the man should be paying for the date, but paying for a sitter for kids that aren't his....no. lol

I agree, I am currently preparing what I am going to say to her about this. To be nice but also let her know she's expecting too much.
raditz On March 24, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#36New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 15:21:47
@DorkySupergirl Said

I agree, I am currently preparing what I am going to say to her about this. To be nice but also let her know she's expecting too much.

Yeah, she is expecting a bit much. I really don't know too many guys (none off the top of my head) that would offer to pay for a babysitter on a first date. Heck, I don't know of any women that would expect it either.....
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#37New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 16:24:34
@DorkySupergirl Said

raditz beat me to it.
i agree about the man paying for a date in most circumstances . but to expect him to even offer the sitter fee is not right.
I am over a half a century old and I have never heard of the baby sitters fee being a part of the expense of a date for the man . So I'm even questioning her ' old fashioned' raising in that department.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#38New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 16:44:53
Your friend is a stupid b****.

Sorry. This guy dodged a bullet.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#39New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:01:53
Oh and the answer to the question is "whoever pays for the diapers."
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:04:30
I would be most uncomfortable having a date pay my babysitter. Im capable of paying my own thanks.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 22:40:23
Its probably agood thing, it ended after that date. I dread to think what she would want in the future. It stinks of High Maintenence.
xRuby_Kissesx On June 14, 2011

Deleted

Sailing the high seas..., Unit
#42New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 22:46:54
The parent/s pay the baby-sitter. It's their kids.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#43New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 23:23:21
@DorkySupergirl Said

If a man invites a woman who has kids out on a date, is he responsible for paying for the babysitter?

The reason I am asking, I just heard from a friend who had a date and she is not seeing him again. He is polite, respectful, paid for the whole date but did not offer to pay the babysitter so she is not seeing him again.

So if she goes out with a friend to a movie, is the friend suppose to pay for the babysitter for her?

@DorkySupergirl Said

From further communication with her, she is saying she would not have taken the money but is upset he did not offer to pay all or even half of the babysitter when she made it clear she has two children.

I do not have kids and it seemed odd to me so I thought I would make a thread to see if its normal or not normal to expect your date to pay for sitter.

I am thinking also, its placing too much on the man. Not only does not pay for date, but suppose to pay for sitter. It would not fly if a man wanted the woman to pay for date and sitter for his kids,

WOW
That takes the cake IMO

If I was that guy, I'd consider myself LUCKY right about now. I don't know what she is like day-to-day, but after the scenario you mentioned, she seems to have a HUGE brass pair of balls to think that way.

It would NEVER be that guys responsibility to partially or fully pay for the sitter. She has the kids, it's HER that should be paying. Just hoping that he would even offer to pay full or half for the sitter of very outrageous of her.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#44New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 23:29:12
@Jennifer1984 Said

Hmmm.

On the surface of it, I would generally be in agreement with the consensus on here. She should pay for her own babysitter. The child is hers and it's her responsibility. It really is expecting too much to demand that her date pay the babysitter.

However.

We don't know this woman's circumstances. Think about it for a moment, people..... She's a single mother, very possibly on a limited income.

It could be that she hasn't been out in some considerable time because she can't afford to. Put yourself in that position... you're a single mother in a life of drudgery which focuses solely on caring for a child... you haven't been out in goodness knows how long. Very possibly, the cost of a babysitter could be the difference between eating and not eating tomorrow.

The simple thing would be to not go on the date... but it's been soooooooooo long. The need to just get out for one lousy night is too much, and in that situation, a woman could be tempted to brazen it out and get him to pay for the sitter too.

OK... that is a theoretical scenario, but it's a plausible one. We are all being very judgemental, whilst in possession of only one side of the story.

Even if that were the case, if I were her, I would find a friend to watch the kids. Someone that I and the kids knew very well of course, or a family member. Or schedule the date during the day(if possible) while the kids were in school, or while they were away at their fathers or his parents.

As DSG mentioned though, she is in no way struggling with money.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#45New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 00:11:56
@Jennifer1984 Said

Hmmm.

However.

If that were the case, she needs to make that clear to him and not just dump him after one date because he dint just do it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs