Who Is Jesus Christ?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Darkman666 On about 5 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! Aug 17, 2021 @ 19:07:24
@Leon Said

Jesus was, in many ways, definitely a pacifist hippie.

Of course the majority of his bible thumping followers on the right don’t want to shed any light on that or admit it. Na’s response to my earlier post is case in point.

the lucky, i was friendly to leory back then, i definitely i shoe-in to heaven!
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#17New Post! Aug 17, 2021 @ 19:11:49
@Leon Said

Jesus was, in many ways, definitely a pacifist hippie.

Of course the majority of his bible thumping followers on the right don’t want to shed any light on that or admit it. Na’s response to my earlier post is case in point.

It’s called staying on topic.

You can derail the thread but I’m not contributing. The OP isn’t “Why Leon Hates The GOP.”

Who is Jesus Christ?
chaski On about 19 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Aug 17, 2021 @ 20:01:57
@Na Said

You can derail the thread but I’m not contributing. The OP isn’t “Why Leon Hates The GOP.”

Nitwit... @Leon literally answered your question.

Who is Jesus Christ? >>> Jesus was, in many ways, definitely a pacifist hippie.<<<

And he literally never said a word about the GOP; >>>Of course the majority of his bible thumping followers on the right don’t want to shed any light on that or admit it. Na’s response to my earlier post is case in point.<<<

GAK, you should read and pay attention to your own thread.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#19New Post! Aug 17, 2021 @ 20:58:59
@Na Said

Who is Jesus Christ?

THAT was who, in my view Jesus is. He is defined by his words, and those are the words that illustrate him best, in my opinion.

Good grief dude. I mean, I know many Christians don’t read their Bible anymore unless prompted to in church, so it’s not surprising if you didn’t read my post, but you’re not even gonna accept it?

What definition are you looking for? Sorry if what’s in the Bible doesn’t fit.
Stalker

#20New Post! Aug 18, 2021 @ 00:53:12
My girlfriend’s dad says that Jesus Christ was an alien (as in from outer space).

He’s pretty much an a*****e though (my girlfriend’s dad not Jesus), so I think he’s wrong.

On the other hand certain people here think I’m an a*****e and don’t believe me, so maybe Jesus was an alien.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#21New Post! Aug 18, 2021 @ 07:22:58
@Leon Said

THAT was who, in my view Jesus is. He is defined by his words, and those are the words that illustrate him best, in my opinion.

Good grief dude. I mean, I know many Christians don’t read their Bible anymore unless prompted to in church, so it’s not surprising if you didn’t read my post, but you’re not even gonna accept it?

What definition are you looking for? Sorry if what’s in the Bible doesn’t fit.

The problem with this is that your prooftexts become subtext.

You're almost right Leon. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

But as the best TFS troll is like to point out, we should know scriptures in the main. Read the scriptures cover to cover.

The entirety of the text shows us the character of Jesus, but when those of us who actually identifies themselves as Christian show up, regs here at the TFS start with>> we are biblically illiterate or that we select verses to confirm preexisting bias.

Bible "experts" have found ways to redefine the person of Jesus. The JW's tell us that Jesus is the First Born Created being of Jehovah was annihilated and recreated. The LDS say that Jesus is the half-brother of Satan and the lead traveler in the route we're all on.

That said, props to you for giving it your best--if that's your best.

CS Lewis was famous for outlining three separate slots in apprehending the true nature of Jesus. (Just an analytical tool)

1) As some say here: Jesus was/is a Liar. Just a con man who manipulated people. He was tortured and put to death for his con.

2) Jesus was a deluded lunatic who not only lied but was mentally warped or evil. He couldn't help himself.

3) Jesus is Lord.

<<<A man, a carpenter, sinless, healer. A cosmic being, first born, eternal, The Incarnate Word of God, The One Who took on the sins for all who would believe

I don't see hippie. Hippies are not obedient/respectful to their parents. He wasn't known for doing drugs or getting drunk.

Yes, we see take The Cup 1) once at the upper room shortly before he is arrested and 2) when the Wrath of God is poured out upon Jesus as he was being killed.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#22New Post! Aug 18, 2021 @ 13:39:26
@Na Said

The problem with this is that your prooftexts become subtext.

You're almost right Leon. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

But as the best TFS troll is like to point out, we should know scriptures in the main. Read the scriptures cover to cover.

The entirety of the text shows us the character of Jesus, but when those of us who actually identifies themselves as Christian show up, regs here at the TFS start with>> we are biblically illiterate or that we select verses to confirm preexisting bias.

Bible "experts" have found ways to redefine the person of Jesus. The JW's tell us that Jesus is the First Born Created being of Jehovah was annihilated and recreated. The LDS say that Jesus is the half-brother of Satan and the lead traveler in the route we're all on.

That said, props to you for giving it your best--if that's your best.

CS Lewis was famous for outlining three separate slots in apprehending the true nature of Jesus. (Just an analytical tool)

1) As some say here: Jesus was/is a Liar. Just a con man who manipulated people. He was tortured and put to death for his con.

2) Jesus was a deluded lunatic who not only lied but was mentally warped or evil. He couldn't help himself.

3) Jesus is Lord.

<<<A man, a carpenter, sinless, healer. A cosmic being, first born, eternal, The Incarnate Word of God, The One Who took on the sins for all who would believe

I don't see hippie. Hippies are not obedient/respectful to their parents. He wasn't known for doing drugs or getting drunk.

Yes, we see take The Cup 1) once at the upper room shortly before he is arrested and 2) when the Wrath of God is poured out upon Jesus as he was being killed.

The Bible itself is a selected set of verses that confirm a pre-existing bias (read the Apostolic Fathers, Nag Hammadi, and Dead Sea Scrolls, in addition to the Bible if you want to include most of what is available), not to mention everything in there on Jesus, our only sources on him, was written at least 100 years after Christ, long after actual eyewitnesses we’re dead.

Furthermore, you say you have taken the entire Bible into account in formulating your views, yet you pick and choose what to take literally and/or adhere to, just like the JWs,LDS, and the rest of us do. Otherwise, you’d take everything I quoted and put it into practice, which you, and most Christians, clearly don’t.
Darkman666 On about 5 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Aug 18, 2021 @ 19:44:16
@chaski Said

My girlfriend’s dad says that Jesus Christ was an alien (as in from outer space).

He’s pretty much an a*****e though (my girlfriend’s dad not Jesus), so I think he’s wrong.

On the other hand certain people here think I’m an a*****e and don’t believe me, so maybe Jesus was an alien.

i heard e.t. not crazy about you, either!
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#24New Post! Aug 18, 2021 @ 19:58:45
@Leon Said

The Bible itself is a selected set of verses that confirm a pre-existing bias (read the Apostolic Fathers, Nag Hammadi, and Dead Sea Scrolls, in addition to the Bible if you want to include most of what is available), not to mention everything in there on Jesus, our only sources on him, was written at least 100 years after Christ, long after actual eyewitnesses we’re dead.

Furthermore, you say you have taken the entire Bible into account in formulating your views, yet you pick and choose what to take literally and/or adhere to, just like the JWs,LDS, and the rest of us do. Otherwise, you’d take everything I quoted and put it into practice, which you, and most Christians, clearly don’t.

That's the biggest reason I didn't make the post about me. You show me something else about Jesus and actually shed light about the identity of Him without bringing me into this, I'm cool with that.

That's a tall request I know. You're an ex-churchman and need a soft target like me to derail this conversation. Best of luck.
Stalker

#25New Post! Aug 18, 2021 @ 20:26:01
@Na Said

Thank you.

Not sure why that makes me a "troll", but many "christians" that have come to TFS somehow agree with you that it does make me a troll.

None the less, thank you for admitting to all that I was right to suggest that christians read all of their own holy book.

Signed,
PIG
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#26New Post! Aug 18, 2021 @ 20:57:09
@Na Said

That's the biggest reason I didn't make the post about me. You show me something else about Jesus and actually shed light about the identity of Him without bringing me into this, I'm cool with that.

That's a tall request I know. You're an ex-churchman and need a soft target like me to derail this conversation. Best of luck.

What I posted is how I view him, regardless of what you and the rest of his followers do or don’t, so it would have been the same.

The bulk of his words in the gospels are of similar vein, such as the beatitudes. I don’t really dwell on the theological aspect of whether or not he is “God” or what that even means, because he didn’t either. Others did, yes, but not him. His example and his words in relation to attitudes towards others is 99% of what is portrayed in there, and, therefore, what is important, in my opinion. In fact, in some ways, if truly adhered to, practiced, and taken to heart, makes such theology irrelevant.

The kingdom of god is at hand. Not some distant future incomprehensible physical fantasy to excuse us from such.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#27New Post! Aug 19, 2021 @ 06:55:55
The Bible is unique in it's delivery of supernatural events. (Contrast this with modern sci-fi movies or even stories of the Greek gods.)

It is written in such a way to allow for these events with the understanding that reality normally doesn't allow for people rising from the dead or ascending to heaven.

Those two events are recorded of Jesus. Jesus predicted his death/resurrection and he predicted his ascension. This underscores Jesus' counter-culture message wasn't from any regular guy.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#28New Post! Aug 19, 2021 @ 10:24:45
There a lot of talk about Climate Crisis and unsustainable environmental change.

Powerful forces are at work today to gin up hysteria and panic.

But, there's just no need.

The earth will be renewed. There will be a new earth.

Check out Revelation 21.

Who is Jesus Christ?

He is the artist of this created globe. He calls Himself the "Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End."
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#29New Post! Aug 19, 2021 @ 13:08:33
@Na Said

There a lot of talk about Climate Crisis and unsustainable environmental change.

Powerful forces are at work today to gin up hysteria and panic.

But, there's just no need.

The earth will be renewed. There will be a new earth.

Check out Revelation 21.

Who is Jesus Christ?

He is the artist of this created globe. He calls Himself the "Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End."

Translation: It’s okay to display recklessness and disregard for God’s creation and, in turn, towards others living in it, because we chosen people get to start over with a shiny new Earth later.

With that attitude, why bother displaying any compassion at all towards others?

Now your group’s b****ing over masks makes sense.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#30New Post! Aug 20, 2021 @ 10:46:53
@Leon Said

Translation: It’s okay to display recklessness and disregard for God’s creation and, in turn, towards others living in it, because we chosen people get to start over with a shiny new Earth later.

With that attitude, why bother displaying any compassion at all towards others?

Now your group’s b****ing over masks makes sense.

Who is Jesus Christ?

He is the pre-eminent Creator and Sustainer

Even as each of us are to be good stewards of the land, we must never forget Who created and Who sustains us.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

THE existential crisis happening today is humanity's sin against God. If we pollute the earth, we will pay a price. But no nation or government or world power will alter Jesus' authority.

Even as Satan and World powers seek to run their schemes, King Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father. One day all will become new. Amen and Amen!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs