Society & Lifestyles

Who's ya Daddy!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#1New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 12:06:32
I believe that all babies should be paternity tested at birth, by law.
That would solve many heartaches later in life, for all parties concerned.
There is an acknowledged percentage of kids out there who are not the child of the man on their birth certificate, although the precise % is disputed they do exist, that fact is not disputed.
I cannot see any valid reason why a mother could possibly object, unless she has something to hide?
It's not a matter of trust, if it's the standard then no-one can be accused of that, and it would prevent any later shock-horror revelations, which unfortunately happen all too often.
What has anyone got to lose that they haven't already put at risk anyway?
Thoughts?
the_norwegian On March 30, 2020

Balsfjord, Norway
#2New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 12:45:27
If a majority of people feel that this would be a violation of trust and privacy ("Why not just take my word for it?" ), then it would be a violation to impose such a law.

Otherwise I don't see a problem with it, except for the potentially significant extra cost of performing such tests.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#3New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 12:54:13
@Marcussextus Said

There is an acknowledged percentage of kids out there who are not the child of the man on their birth certificate, although the precise % is disputed they do exist, that fact is not disputed.
I cannot see any valid reason why a mother could possibly object, unless she has something to hide?
It's not a matter of trust, if it's the standard then no-one can be accused of that, and it would prevent any later shock-horror revelations, which unfortunately happen all too often.
Thoughts?

Instead of plugging in my newborn into a centralized data-system, what if civil society was promoted independently of law-enforcers and law makers?

I like the idea that I'm more or less responsible for the success of my family. It seems to me that for several decades the west has been on the march of trying to remove "government from our bedrooms" and "whatever happens between consenting adults" blah blah.

And now we can't seem to shore up the mess from free-flowing havoc without government intervention. Is that it? Do we really think another law or another program will help organize people's sex-lives?

Adelaide, Australia
#4New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 13:01:00
@the_norwegian Said

If a majority of people feel that this would be a violation of trust and privacy ("Why not just take my word for it?" ), then it would be a violation to impose such a law.

Otherwise I don't see a problem with it, except for the potentially significant extra cost of performing such tests.

The costs of testing, like everything else new, are dropping even now, given the economies of scale if hey were a mandated procedure they would drop even further faster.
The will of the majority actually carries little real weight in Government programs ,you need only see all the unpopular laws etc that are enacted every year to understand that.

Adelaide, Australia
#5New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 13:17:01
@GreenAppleKing Said

Instead of plugging in my newborn into a centralized data-system, what if civil society was promoted independently of law-enforcers and law makers?

I like the idea that I'm more or less responsible for the success of my family. It seems to me that for several decades the west has been on the march of trying to remove "government from our bedrooms" and "whatever happens between consenting adults" blah blah.

And now we can't seem to shore up the mess from free-flowing havoc without government intervention. Is that it? Do we really think another law or another program will help organize people's sex-lives?

I don't really understand the gist of your response but will answer what I can.
I don't see this as the gov' interfering in our bedrooms, only establishing the facts about paternity, surely a desirable outcome?
It wouldn't, couldn't, affect what we choose to do, it can only expose infidelity at the very worst, and I personally have no problem with that at all, do you?
As for "consenting adults", do you really believe that a man raising another's child believing it to be his own is consenting?
I certainly don't.
I did make exactly that choice, knowingly and willingly, joyfully even, but it was by my choice, whereas there are many thousands of men out there doing so as the result of deception, and to my mind that is an unacceptable state of affairs, and one that's easily rectifiable these days.
Have you ever watched what it does to a man when that deception is revealed later in life, what it does to the poor child, to all the rest of the family?
I have, and more than once, it's traumatic at the very least, shattering families and lives, and once very nearly lead to death.
Surely it would be better to eliminate that horrific potential if we can, and can do so very quickly and simply these days?
The only person who would possibly suffer then is the mother, and because of her infidelity and deception she has only herself to blame.
Seems fair to me.

Adelaide, Australia
#6New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 22:32:41
The most common objection to this idea from women I've discussed this with is that it's an infringement of their civil liberties, but they can't readily answer when I then ask the obvious question..
Exactly which "liberty" is that?
The liberty to be untrustworthy?
The liberty to deceive the man?
At what point do a woman's "rights" cancel out a man's, or a child's?
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#7New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 22:34:48
@Marcussextus Said

Thoughts?

I think it's a good idea,I read a story in the paper a while ago where a young woman told her boyfriend she was pregnant,so he asked her to marry him (trying to do the right thing),she refused to.
After the baby was born,she wouldn't let him see it,yet took him to the Family Law Courts,and judged to make him pay maintenance,he ended up selling just about everything he had to give her money,including his car that he needed to get to work.
The long and short of this is,she still refused him access to the child after a year and he ended up taking her to court to find out if the child was his....it wasn't....yet when he took her to court trying to get the money back he'd given her,the courts ruled against it,claiming hardship of an unmarried mother,now that's justice for you.

Testing right up front should be mandatory,there are far to many children out there whose father isn't their father at all,the law will justify making this person pay up,yet the real father gets away with it scott free.
I believe there are quite a few things that should be mandatory in this world,like finding out if you are a suitable person to become a parent before having kids,let's face it some parents just plain aren't fit to be parents.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 22:47:02
A child that adores and looks up to or depends on me is my child regardless of blood.

Not meaning I'd run off with them to Abla-Dabi insisting I helped birth them but rather meaning that I would treat them no less than my own blood.

, Australia
#9New Post! Oct 30, 2014 @ 22:52:27
@Electric_Banana Said

A child that adores and looks up to or depends on me is my child regardless of blood.

Not meaning I'd run off with them to Abla-Dabi insisting I helped birth them but rather meaning that I would treat them no less than my own blood.

EB,there are many men out there with balls big enough to be able to do that,my son is one of them,but for every bloke who can ,there would be just as many if not more who couldn't/can't/won't.

, Australia
#10New Post! Oct 31, 2014 @ 08:42:49
@Demented Said

I think it's a good idea,I read a story in the paper a while ago where a young woman told her boyfriend she was pregnant,so he asked her to marry him (trying to do the right thing),she refused to.
After the baby was born,she wouldn't let him see it,yet took him to the Family Law Courts,and judged to make him pay maintenance,he ended up selling just about everything he had to give her money,including his car that he needed to get to work.
The long and short of this is,she still refused him access to the child after a year and he ended up taking her to court to find out if the child was his....it wasn't....yet when he took her to court trying to get the money back he'd given her,the courts ruled against it,claiming hardship of an unmarried mother,now that's justice for you.

And just to prove what I'm saying here isn't made up,here's one from America.
A fine example of how the justice system has no fugen idea of right and wrong.

https://www.break.com/video/child-support-for-a-kid-that-isn-t-his-2781397

Adelaide, Australia
#11New Post! Oct 31, 2014 @ 08:55:43
Yeah, crazy insane or what ?
I do vaguely remember that Aussie case too, it was in Melbourne I think, and at the time it was said that his wasn't the only one either, genetics be damned, if the mother names you, that's it, you're the one who has to pay!
How b/s is THAT?!

, Australia
#12New Post! Oct 31, 2014 @ 09:03:25
@Marcussextus Said

Yeah, crazy insane or what ?
I do vaguely remember that Aussie case too, it was in Melbourne I think, and at the time it was said that his wasn't the only one either, genetics be damned, if the mother names you, that's it, you're the one who has to pay!
How b/s is THAT?!

Yeah they seem to get away with a lot more than people think,yet when it comes to the family law courts with all their pussy whipped judges,we males are in the wrong 99.9% of the time.

Adelaide, Australia
#13New Post! Oct 31, 2014 @ 09:15:08
I've got NO complaints about the Family Law Court, they treated me very well indeed, spotted my ex's b/s for what it was, gave her s*** for it, and finally granted me sole custody, and that all happened back in '89, they've improved in leaps and bounds since then too. The only thing they failed me on was child-support, she got away with paying zero, at a time when men were being bled like Dracula's date!
Their main difficulty is the laws they have to enforce, that's where the b/s decisions come from by and large, they do their best within that.

, Australia
#14New Post! Nov 01, 2014 @ 03:03:44
@Marcussextus Said

I've got NO complaints about the Family Law Court, they treated me very well indeed, spotted my ex's b/s for what it was, gave her s*** for it, and finally granted me sole custody, and that all happened back in '89, they've improved in leaps and bounds since then too. The only thing they failed me on was child-support, she got away with paying zero, at a time when men were being bled like Dracula's date!
Their main difficulty is the laws they have to enforce, that's where the b/s decisions come from by and large, they do their best within that.

Yes my son in Adelaide found that out,he's up early to start work,when he get's home he picks his boys up from school,helps them with their Homework,get's them dinner,bathed and off to bed when it's time.On weekends he runs them all over the place for sports or whatever other activities they have,and when it's his ex's turn to have the boys for her week,he runs them over there also,only because she won't come and get them,then when he gets them back again,he's got their weeks washing to do before he starts over again .,but on top of it just to add insult to injury the Family Law Court are making him pay her maitenence for her having the boys for a week.

The laws in this country are a fugen joke.

Adelaide, Australia
#15New Post! Nov 01, 2014 @ 03:45:42
@Demented Said

Yes my son in Adelaide found that out,he's up early to start work,when he get's home he picks his boys up from school,helps them with their Homework,get's them dinner,bathed and off to bed when it's time.On weekends he runs them all over the place for sports or whatever other activities they have,and when it's his ex's turn to have the boys for her week,he runs them over there also,only because she won't come and get them,then when he gets them back again,he's got their weeks washing to do before he starts over again .,but on top of it just to add insult to injury the Family Law Court are making him pay her maitenence for her having the boys for a week.

The laws in this country are a fugen joke.

True. I have a friend in Darwin who refuses to work, because he'd immediately lose the majority of his pay, he'd have real problems surviving on the left-overs. He's shown me all the paperwork so I know it's true.
He wasn't even in a relationship, a bit of casual sex and he was nailed for life. The kid is his, that's been well established, but the mother has since married and works full time as well as her husband, yet the court insists that Dave fork out massive amounts of money to support her in the manner to which she has accustomed herself!
He's never even met his child, the mother refuses to allow it and ignores any court orders with impunity!
For many men like Dave it's a case of all responsibility and no rights.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs