Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 19:39:11
Attn'y Gen, Eric Holder, fresh from his successful marginalization of His own Fast and Furious guns for murder program , is renewing Obama's attack on the states for requiring photo ID to vote on the grounds of "discrimination". News flash, it does discriminate.....against non-citizens or those who lie about their residence.

He knows he won't be able to overturn these laws. So, you axe, why do this? Put on your strongest cynicism enhancing glasses and take another look. See there. All he wants to do is obstruct these laws by tying them up in the courts until after the election.

Besides the Democrat operatives here on TFS (who'd argue against their mother's right to live if that was a talking point), who here on TFS objects to these state laws, keeping in mind that anyone, who is a citizen, can get an ID--as most of us obviously have done given the need for them in so many other aspects of our lives, like applying for welfare and cashing government checks.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#2New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 19:50:08
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Attn'y Gen, Eric Holder, fresh from his successful marginalization of His own Fast and Furious guns for murder program , is renewing Obama's attack on the states for requiring photo ID to vote on the grounds of "discrimination". News flash, it does discriminate.....against non-citizens or those who lie about their residence.

He knows he won't be able to overturn these laws. So, you axe, why do this? Put on your strongest cynicism enhancing glasses and take another look. See there. All he wants to do is obstruct these laws by tying them up in the courts until after the election.

Besides the Democrat operatives here on TFS (who'd argue against their mother's right to live if that was a talking point), who here on TFS objects to these state laws, keeping in mind that anyone, who is a citizen, can get an ID--as most of us obviously have done given the need for them in so many other aspects of our lives, like applying for welfare and cashing government checks.

The Amish are not allowed to pose for any photo.So now you want to violate one of the most conservative groups out there? Yes they can vote on some issues not all but some.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#3New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 20:40:46
@restoreone Said

The Amish are not allowed to pose for any photo.So now you want to violate one of the most conservative groups out there? Yes they can vote on some issues not all but some.

Too bad. Some Muslim women won't be photographed, ditto. And it isn't a violation, they can decline to vote if they wish. Next someone will come up with some crackpot religious belief which doesn't allow them to reveal any personal information; or another whose God told them to be fruitful and multiply their vote by voting continuously as long as the polls are open, and to demand 10,000 absentee ballots.....each.
Hot_Rod On March 30, 2012

Deleted
Banned

A yacht, Monaco
#4New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 20:51:49
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Too bad. Some Muslim women won't be photographed, ditto. And it isn't a violation, they can decline to vote if they wish. Next someone will come up with some crackpot religious belief which doesn't allow them to reveal any personal information; or another whose God told them to be fruitful and multiply their vote by voting continuously as long as the polls are open, and to demand 10,000 absentee ballots.....each.

Surely government ought to try to represent everyone who lives there?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 20:52:57
in illinois.
state i.d. or drivers licence.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#6New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:01:05
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Yes yes yes I totally agree with them lets get ALL religions out of government and politics. Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#7New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:13:29
We've gone 230+ years without requiring photo IDs to vote and the world hasn't ended.

In fact, nobody's even been arrested for voting under someone else's name.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:18:10
@El_Tino Said

We've gone 230+ years without requiring photo IDs to vote and the world hasn't ended.

In fact, nobody's even been arrested for voting under someone else's name.

those who need fake id, get fake id.
why not phase in a plan to have an id needed to vote?
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#9New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:37:25
@Willi Said

those who need fake id, get fake id.
why not phase in a plan to have an id needed to vote?

Why spend time and money on all this bureaucracy when the existence of people voting using someone else's name is slim to none? That's not an efficient use of taxpayer dollars.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#10New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:50:05
I wonder what kind of photo ID Abraham Lincoln used to be able to vote.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#11New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:55:40
@El_Tino Said

Why spend time and money on all this bureaucracy when the existence of people voting using someone else's name is slim to none? That's not an efficient use of taxpayer dollars.

if you drive, you need a licence.
this only effects those not driving.
i have a state id card.
no big deal.
they ask to see it before i vote.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#12New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:55:45
@Leon Said

I think it was the engraving on his ax handle.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:57:04
@Leon Said

i wonder how many times the dishonest voted.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:58:10
@Leon Said

@DiscordTiger Said

no sillies.
he brought a penny
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 22:00:04
@DiscordTiger Said

Damn. And I thought the wait times at the DMV today were bad.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs