US Elections

Which reason are you voting for Obama?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#1New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:18:11
I just recently turned 18 and had just finished registering to vote yesterday. I am voting for Obama because of the obvious issues of our nation and because of the need for positive change. But there is something that frustrates me. My mother and most of the people that I know(some whites) say that they are voting for Obama. Why? You guessed it, because of race which there is nothing wrong with. A few months ago, I told my mom that I had made no definite decision on who I was voting for and she told me to vote for Obama because history was in the making if he became the first black president. But I said "Thats very true, but what about the issues?"

To be fair, my reasons for selecting him are because he is for everyone and he has a good heart, not just about race. If you are voting for Obama is it because of issues, ethnicity or both?
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#2New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:19:54
because he's the best choice out of the two.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#3New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:21:45
Because I can recall when he was a senator and he went on "The Daily Show" for a totaly non presidential reason. I can recall saying to myself, "That guy is friggen smart!"

I just have this idea that smart people should be incharge of this nation. Is that so wrong?
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#4New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:23:23
I backed Bill Richardson in the primary until he dropped out, because he's the governor of my state and has done a good job with that.

After that, I decided to back Obama because he's highly intelligent and I agree with many of his views.
charger On October 01, 2009

bricktown,
#5New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:23:35
@doubtingthomas Said

Because I can recall when he was a senator and he went on "The Daily Show" for a totaly non presidential reason. I can recall saying to myself, "That guy is friggen smart!"

I just have this idea that smart people should be incharge of this nation. Is that so wrong?

you did not mention slick and shrewd....
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#6New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:23:58
@doubtingthomas Said

You evil elitist you!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#7New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:26:46
i feel that he has a genuine vision for how to make this country better

bricktown,
#8New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:30:08
@windstorm Said

I just recently turned 18 and had just finished registering to vote yesterday. I am voting for Obama because of the obvious issues of our nation and because of the need for positive change. But there is something that frustrates me. My mother and most of the people that I know(some whites) say that they are voting for Obama. Why? You guessed it, because of race which there is nothing wrong with. A few months ago, I told my mom that I had made no definite decision on who I was voting for and she told me to vote for Obama because history was in the making if he became the first black president. But I said "Thats very true, but what about the issues?"

To be fair, my reasons for selecting him are because he is for everyone and he has a good heart, not just about race. If you are voting for Obama is it because of issues, ethnicity or both?

Well, you have definitely touched upon a sensitive issue which i believe is what this election will ultimately boil down too, Race...It has been suggested that is the reason Colin Powell (a military man) has endorsed Obama!
miracle3x On January 28, 2009

Radcliff, Kentucky
#9New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:31:14
It is something amazing in itself to say that we could be electing the first black president. However, u r right, ur vote shouldn't be b/c of that. I like obama b/c I agree with his policies. I feel like that he geniunely cares about the American ppl. He knows our struggles b/c he has been there. He has fought hard for the things that he has done in his life and I believe he would fight to make things right for this country

bricktown,
#10New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:31:26
@Lili Said

i feel that he has a genuine vision for how to make this country better

have you any idea what that vision is?
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#11New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:34:01
@charger Said

Well, you have definitely touched upon a sensitive issue which i believe is what this election will ultimately boil down too, Race...It has been suggested that is the reason Colin Powell (a military man) has endorsed Obama!

I see Republicans saying that the polls are wrong because in the voting booth the racists will vote how they really feel, against Obama. I've also seen them lament the idea that someone would vote for Obama because he's black.

...just sayin.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:34:02
@windstorm Said

Because he's the right man for the job......most of his views on the issues are inline with my own......his race......but the biggest factor for me...is the fact that he looks just like my Father!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#13New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:34:37
i posted a youtube video on it yesterday from the keith olbermann show

bricktown,
#14New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:36:35
@eL_TinO Said

I see Republicans saying that the polls are wrong because in the voting booth the racists will vote how they really feel, against Obama. I've also seen them lament the idea that someone would vote for Obama because he's black.

...just sayin.

Good point!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#15New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 20:41:36
@miarcle3x Said

It is something amazing in itself to say that we could be electing the first black president. However, u r right, ur vote shouldn't be b/c of that. I like obama b/c I agree with his policies. I feel like that he geniunely cares about the American ppl. He knows our struggles b/c he has been there. He has fought hard for the things that he has done in his life and I believe he would fight to make things right for this country

Good point....but just look at all the people who have been saying openly...that they will NOT vote for a black president.....and it's a shame that in 2008 we are now just seeing that for the first time in this country's history...the possiblity of a black president is right around the corner.....i'am starting to tear up!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs