Where's The Governor Been?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#16New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 21:37:29
@crazylikeafox Said

OK, Eliot Spitzer was a lawyer who went after prostitution rings before becoming Governor of New York. Remember what he got in trouble for?

Eliot Spitzer was the state Attorney General, his job was to prosecute crimes. When did he publicly come out as a politician and condemn another politician for having an affair?

"In the 1998 election, Spitzer defeated incumbent Republican Dennis Vacco by a slim margin to become New York State Attorney General. His campaign was financed by a controversial multi-million dollar loan from his father. As attorney general, Spitzer prosecuted cases relating to corporate white collar crime, securities fraud, internet fraud and environmental protection. He most notably pursued cases against companies involved in computer chip price fixing, investment bank stock price inflation, predatory lending practices by mortgage lenders,fraud at American International Group,[4] and the 2003 mutual fund scandal. He also sued Richard Grasso, the former chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, claiming he had failed to fully inform the board of directors of his deferred compensation package, which exceeded $140 million.[5]"
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#17New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 21:37:30
@Spinkiegirl Said

Both parties should be slamed for for this type thing!!

Of course. Just don't pretend your party is immune. If you honestly think your party IS immune, then be prepared for a rude awakening.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#18New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 21:42:21
@crazylikeafox Said

Of course. Just don't pretend your party is immune. If you honestly think your party IS immune, then be prepared for a rude awakening.

"My party?" I don't belong to any politcal party!!! Never said I did!! Just cause I voted for Obama doesn't make me a dem....and i'am NOT!!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#19New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 21:43:43
@crazylikeafox Said

I'm an independent, so I don't have much of a party. I do have a problem with someone who shouts out a "holier than thou" platform, and then begs for "gods mercy" when they get caught.

The democrats might be sleazeballs too, but they don't point fingers at the republicans. republicans do it all the time, and when they get caught they claim that it's a "personal matter".
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#20New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 21:46:47
@boxerdc Said

I'm an independent, so I don't have much of a party. I do have a problem with someone who shouts out a "holier than thou" platform, and then begs for "gods mercy" when they get caught.

The democrats might be sleazeballs too, but they don't point fingers at the republicans. republicans do it all the time, and when they get caught they claim that it's a "personal matter".

You got that right my friend!!! Don't go preaching to me about your family values....then turn around and step out on your wife and kids and use tax payer money to do it!! Kudos your post!!
SKUBER On July 20, 2009

Deleted

N/A,
#21New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 21:47:19
Naughty, Naughty, Naughty Governor! But I think way too much is made of these peccadillos in this country,but having said that; they were right to point out that he took,this trip to Argentina to get sexed up by an Argentinian on public expense(or tried to) to the tune of $10,000.Whether he cheated on his wife or whether the woman was a prostitute or some other classification,need not be worried over! That part of it is between he and his family! For the rest of it the people and legislators of South Carolina,will know what to do to him! He is a man he was horny,he went to Argentina to knock one off! End of story!
TheSparrow On July 11, 2009

Deleted

LaFollette, Tennessee
#22New Post! Jun 26, 2009 @ 02:30:49
As a Libertarian, I'd normally say to lay off him because his married life is no one's business, but he did use taxpayer dollars to fund this little rendevous of his. For that, he should be impeached, and possibly arrested.

McKinney, Texas
#23New Post! Jun 26, 2009 @ 04:15:58
@Spinkiegirl Said

"My party?" I don't belong to any politcal party!!! Never said I did!! Just cause I voted for Obama doesn't make me a dem....and i'am NOT!!

It wasn't directed towards any 1 in particular. I guess if anyone, it'd be directed towards Johnblaze. I only responded to you because I agreed with what you said.

McKinney, Texas
#24New Post! Jun 26, 2009 @ 04:19:19
@boxerdc Said

What are you talking about? Democrats point fingers at Republicans all the time (and vise versa). Just this last election Democrats tried accuse all Republicans of being just like Bush, regardless of how irrational it was or how opposite to Bush the Republican really was.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#25New Post! Jul 01, 2009 @ 07:50:22
Now this clown is saying that god wants him to stay on as governor what a loon!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs