AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 13 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#166New Post! Sep 15, 2012 @ 20:48:22
Where are the dead?

I have been pondering this.

It is surely a trick question, but I have it figured out.

AMC television series (the station will depend on your location and cable/satellite service)... Scheduled to premiere on October 14, 2012.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#167New Post! Sep 15, 2012 @ 23:49:32
@wirelessguru1 Said

Come on Bob, if you are as smart as I think that you are, you should indeed be able to clearly tell that we are in unique universes,

I suppose that depends how you are defining "universe" - however, yes, it is true that for all of us, myself included, we interpret the universe in a manner unique to ourselves based on our material nature as a unique being, and our unique experiences. To some extent, logic mitigates against the entirety of the uniqueness of our universe, and this is true even when we accept that logic may in itself actually be both illogical and false.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#168New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 00:00:56
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I suppose that depends how you are defining "universe" - however, yes, it is true that for all of us, myself included, we interpret the universe in a manner unique to ourselves based on our material nature as a unique being, and our unique experiences.

Well "uni", of course, means one...and "verse" means a "unique composition (like in poetry)"...and each one of us is indeed unique in make up (DNA, mind) in composition, not just in interpretation...

So, and yet again, there is no such thing as "the" universe...and each one of us is a uni-verse.

@bob_the_fisherman Said

To some extent, logic mitigates against the entirety of the uniqueness of our universe, and this is true even when we accept that logic may in itself actually be both illogical and false.

Well, a lot of the DNA code, etc, is indeed shared, but we still have unique DNA and even identical twins have unique mind programs, so logic, rhyme and reason is of course in my view of things...

So, it is NOT "our" universe either since and obviously not everything is being shared...like my uni-verse is clearly not the same as your uni-verse and especially not the same as the mad dude devil god's uni-verse!
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#169New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 08:23:24
Thank you for once again ensuring that I was not able to miss these three by PMing me.

I hate missing posts but I know that sometimes it is inevitable that I will because I do not always get notified (I didn't about these three as it happens) and on other occasions I get 2 or 3 notifications of the same post, lol.

@bob_the_fisherman Said

No, no, no, MCB. This can not be. You have repeatedly told us that you do not speak, "Holy Spirit" speaks.

For example:

So either you lied about who speaks the words, or, you lied about "Holy Spirit" being infallible.

Yes it speaks trough me, but it does not control my mind, just guide it. There is a difference even if your command of English is such that you don't appreciate the language in all its ambiguous subtlety.

It guides me to what God and Christ want included in my reply, and gives me the ideas, but it does not control my fingers. I am not a robot, nor would God want me to be. I could wish that it did, I would make no embarrassing typos or mistakes at all then.

However, as I have said before, if it doesn't guide me to a particular scripture, as with the bits I didn't see, then God and Christ don't consider them to be relevant to the argument.

Only Satan takes as much control of people as he can, God and Christ simply "nudge" you in the right direction, it is up to you if you actually go there.

@bob_the_fisherman Said

If it is true that it says "the" disciples, then, it is game over for you, as "the" is a definite article that necessarily points to a specified or designated group, idea or object. If it is true that the scripture in question says "the disciples" then it points to the exact same group of disciples that were present when Christ first appeared.

Luckily for you, the scripture in question does not say "the" disciples. However, unluckily for you, this proves you to be wrong once again.

Again you fail to understand the language.

Normally one would take "the disciples" to mean all of them. However in the context of the scripture it is impossible to do that because we know that Thomas was missing from the first group and almost certainly so were the remnant of the 12, since they are not mentioned.

In this context "the disciples" is obviously just an unspecified group of them.

As for the second group, we know the "content" of that group had already, as the scripture makes clear, changed by at least one, and therefore may have changed by many more, if not completely. We will almost certainly never know, and God and Christ obviously did not feel it necessary that we should.

@bob_the_fisherman Said

MCB, have you ever done something again, when you have not done it before?

No, but then in my case we are talking about an individual not an unspecified group, your reasoning is flawed, fatally flawed because you are not prepared to look at the alternative.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#170New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 09:54:44
@MadCornishBiker Said

It guides me to what God and Christ want included in my reply, and gives me the ideas, but it does not control my fingers. I am not a robot, nor would God want me to be. I could wish that it did, I would make no embarrassing typos or mistakes at all then.

However, as I have said before, if it doesn't guide me to a particular scripture, as with the bits I didn't see, then God and Christ don't consider them to be relevant to the argument.

Only Satan takes as much control of people as he can, God and Christ simply "nudge" you in the right direction, it is up to you if you actually go there.

Biker, I have isolated the relevant parts for what I wish to say.

You contradict yourself. As you constantly do. In your endeavour to justify an impossible position ( i.e that to argue with you is to argue with God - with your usual proviso that it is not you that is infallible but God) you first make a claim that is purely circular it its reasoning. I.e. because you do not think of a particular text it is because you were not guided there by the spirit! Nonsense! Purely circular. The claim is bogus and has no substance at all. You would see this if you were not so blind.

But then comes......God and Christ simply "nudge" you in the right direction, it is up to you if you actually go there.

So there we have it. First, if you do not go to a particular scripture it is purely because you were not guided there. Period. The we have the claim that God and Christ can guide you, but its up to you if you go there.

Which is it? Are you non-robotic, or robotic? Are you not even guided to a particular scripture because it is not considered relevant by God and Christ, or are you guided there - "nudged" - but can go there if you chose? OR perhaps both at different times? Ah yes, that might be the solution. Sometimes you are not guided there at all, sometimes you are, sometimes, not being guided there you don't think of a particular scripture, but sometimes, having been guided there you don't use it because you don't actually go there. Fine.

Rubbish!

This is the nonsense you are trying to pass off as the "guidance of the spirit" simply because you are incapable of self criticism.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#171New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 09:59:57
Just as an extra for anyone interested, a page from a Catholic website that speaks of the "work" of the spirit in our world.

I am not a Catholic, but consider the page worth reading and reflecting upon.

Have a look

Banned

#172New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 11:29:41
@tariki Said

Biker, I have isolated the relevant parts for what I wish to say.

You contradict yourself. As you constantly do. In your endeavour to justify an impossible position ( i.e that to argue with you is to argue with God - with your usual proviso that it is not you that is infallible but God) you first make a claim that is purely circular it its reasoning. I.e. because you do not think of a particular text it is because you were not guided there by the spirit! Nonsense! Purely circular. The claim is bogus and has no substance at all. You would see this if you were not so blind.

But then comes......God and Christ simply "nudge" you in the right direction, it is up to you if you actually go there.

Where is the contradiction in that? Of course it is up to me to go there, and to say what the Spirit wants me to say. That fact that I invariably choose to do so is why I say what I say, and have all along.

Maybe for those of you with difficulty in understanding English "as she is spoke" I should spell out that I willingly choose to speak as the spirit moves me.

It appears to be who is blind to English usage,a s well as spiritual things. You also obviously don't know what "circular reasoning " is either.

As I have always said, just because God chooses us doesn't mean we have to respond.

@tariki Said

So there we have it. First, if you do not go to a particular scripture it is purely because you were not guided there. Period. The we have the claim that God and Christ can guide you, but its up to you if you go there.

Yes, there you have it. If one is determinedly unresponsive to the promptings of the Spirit them God and Christ withdraw it.

@tariki Said

Which is it? Are you non-robotic, or robotic? Are you not even guided to a particular scripture because it is not considered relevant by God and Christ, or are you guided there - "nudged" - but can go there if you chose? OR perhaps both at different times? Ah yes, that might be the solution. Sometimes you are not guided there at all, sometimes you are, sometimes, not being guided there you don't think of a particular scripture, but sometimes, having been guided there you don't use it because you don't actually go there. Fine.

It is precisely as I have always said it to be. no complications, no contradictions. Simple.

@tariki Said

Rubbish!

This is the nonsense you are trying to pass off as the "guidance of the spirit" simply because you are incapable of self criticism.

No Tariki it is not rubbish.

Banned

#173New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 11:30:49
@tariki Said

Just as an extra for anyone interested, a page from a Catholic website that speaks of the "work" of the spirit in our world.

I am not a Catholic, but consider the page worth reading and reflecting upon.

Have a look

What would the Catholics know of the operation of Holy Spirit? they have never had any since they are the peak of Christian Apostasy.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#174New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 11:58:12
@MadCornishBiker Said

Where is the contradiction in that? Of course it is up to me to go there, and to say what the Spirit wants me to say. That fact that I invariably choose to do so is why I say what I say, and have all along.

Maybe for those of you with difficulty in understanding English "as she is spoke" I should spell out that I willingly choose to speak as the spirit moves me.

It appears to be who is blind to English usage,a s well as spiritual things. You also obviously don't know what "circular reasoning " is either.

As I have always said, just because God chooses us doesn't mean we have to respond.

Yes, there you have it. If one is determinedly unresponsive to the promptings of the Spirit them God and Christ withdraw it.

It is precisely as I have always said it to be. no complications, no contradictions. Simple.

No Tariki it is not rubbish.

Anyone who looks closely at your response can detect the change of your claims to suit your purpose. The purpose? To protect your ridiculous claims of infallibility.

Truly pathetic.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#175New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 11:58:50
@MadCornishBiker Said

What would the Catholics know of the operation of Holy Spirit? they have never had any since they are the peak of Christian Apostasy.

Pathetic.

Banned

#176New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 12:28:37
@tariki Said

Anyone who looks closely at your response can detect the change of your claims to suit your purpose. The purpose? To protect your ridiculous claims of infallibility.

Truly pathetic.

Anyone who can understand English can see that I am still saying precisely what I have always said except with a little more detail, you're getting desperate Tariki, lol.

I have never claimed to be anointed with Holy Spirit merely guided by God and Christ through it. To have claimed what you are trying to say I used to claim I would have to have been claiming to be anointed by it.

Of course I don't suppose you understand the difference do you?

Banned

#177New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 12:28:57
@tariki Said

Pathetic.

But true.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#178New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 13:41:11
@MadCornishBiker Said

Anyone who can understand English can see that I am still saying precisely what I have always said except with a little more detail, you're getting desperate Tariki, lol.

I have never claimed to be anointed with Holy Spirit merely guided by God and Christ through it. To have claimed what you are trying to say I used to claim I would have to have been claiming to be anointed by it.

Of course I don't suppose you understand the difference do you?

Biker, I do not spend my time on this forum seeking to declare all that I have read and understand. Such is your own forte.

The fact is that you contradicted yourself. As you often do. To the point where you have now begun to talk about how slippery a language English is....this to cover your tracks. When you now contradict yourself you appeal to the vagaries of the language and your poor expression! Quite pathetic. Anything but to admit you have contradicted yourself or have actually changed your mind.

Banned

#179New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 14:05:30
@tariki Said

Biker, I do not spend my time on this forum seeking to declare all that I have read and understand. Such is your own forte.

The fact is that you contradicted yourself. As you often do. To the point where you have now begun to talk about how slippery a language English is....this to cover your tracks. When you now contradict yourself you appeal to the vagaries of the language and your poor expression! Quite pathetic. Anything but to admit you have contradicted yourself or have actually changed your mind.

Tariki, you do little else.

No Tariki I did not contradict myself, I say, as I have said, that I speak as Holy Spirit moves me. That has not changed. The fact that I do so as a willing slave not as a robot is the only detail I have added, but it changes nothing.

I have never said it puts the words in my mouth (or in this case fingers) I have only ever said that it moves me, directs me, and I speak as it guides me to do.

I have always thought of myself as a secretary. and the Holy Spirit as the voice of the "Boss". A Boss gives a letter to his secretary to type up and send. Rarely does the secretary put her (or his) bosses thoughts down absolutely verbatim, but nothing in the message or it's meaning is changed.

I am sorry if you have failed and continue to fail, to understand what I say, but that I am afraid is not something I am in control of.

If you choose to take my words so literally without stopping to think what I mean by them then that is no surprise, because you do precisely the same with scripture, as does Bob, which is why he continually fails to understand things also.

Like you, he forgets that words can have a number of meanings, and as I have done before I quote Lewis Carol when he depicted one of his characters as saying "When I use a word, it means precisely that which I wish it to mean, nothing more, nothing less" That is the English language for you. If it was as unambiguous a language as Greek or Hebrew were (or still are for all I know) there would be far less arguments.

After all, the Greeks had around 7 words for love, whereas we only have the one, and that is not the only difference, just an example.

I have said all these things before, and will continue to do so.

You remarked in another post that nothing has changed, but how can it. Truth has not changed and therefore neither can what I say, since it is truth.

Call me proud, haughty, arrogant, what you will. I don't doubt that the same sort of thing was said of the Apostles. That is when they weren't looking down on them as men "ordinary and unlettered" as you do on me also, lol.

Acts 4:13 "Now when they beheld the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were men unlettered and ordinary, they got to wondering. And they began to recognize about them that they used to be with Jesus."

These were ordinary men, like me, up against extremely experienced and educated men such as the Scribes and Pharisees, just as I am up against the well educated and qualified men that you keep going back to.

However like them I need no education other than I have because Holy Spirit makes up for what I do not know.

I need no letters after my name because I have the authority of God's word behind me. True I am not of the anointed, as the Apostles were, and my reward will not be as their, should I get one, but less will be expected of me also.

Why si that so? why does God choose the under educated and basically ignorant such as me to carry His message?

Paul put it better than I ever could when he explained, encouraging other simple men, at 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 "For YOU behold his calling of YOU, brothers, that not many wise in a fleshly way were called, not many powerful, not many of noble birth; 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame; 28 and God chose the ignoble things of the world and the things looked down upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, 29 in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God. 30 But it is due to him that YOU are in union with Christ Jesus, who has become to us wisdom from God, also righteousness and sanctification and release by ransom; 31 that it may be just as it is written: “He that boasts, let him boast in Jehovah."

The very fact that God and Christ can do what they do through a fool (with according to you an IQ in low single figures, lol) like me is an example of the power they have. As I say, I need not be considered. It is the message that counts, not the messenger.

Banned

#180New Post! Sep 16, 2012 @ 14:12:01
@tariki Said

No, it is not true Biker.

Any human being with a decent grasp of the first centuries of the Christian era will be made aware that your own claims are pure drivel.

But this is the end.

I will have no more to do with this forum so long as you are here. Your ignorance is such that as far as I can see many, including myself, are being brought down to your own level of stupidity.

In all my time on the net, on many many forums, I have never met with a human being so supremely stupid and ignorant of the simplest form of thinking. When such stupidity is combined with claims of infallibility and even more, claim of seeing with greater depth than others........well, the mind boggles.

There are other forums where there is genuine dialogue, and I have a great life beyond forums. I can do without this constant exchange of ludicrous posts that achieve nothing.

Over and out.

Of course it is true. The Apostles died fighting the Apostasy which took hold long before the Catholic Church was formed. The Catholic Church was actually formed to bring glory to Rome, not to God, hence its "alternative title" The Holy Roman Empire.

After they had died, one of the last scriptures ever handed down to mankind directly (Revelation 22:11) came into force and unrighteousness was allowed free reign until this time of the end, with only a very few anointed ones being inspired to help protect what little of the truth remained, though most were burned at the stake.

That state of affairs was to last until the "time of the end" the time period we are over 100 years into.

But then I have told you this before and you refuse to acknowledge God's words at present. I still hope that one day..................... but that is between you and God.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs