The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

When did Christianity invent hell and god’s imaginary condemnation of man?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#61New Post! Jun 02, 2019 @ 00:53:25
@GreatestIam2 Said

Matthew 25:46 Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Scriptures also say that the many will end in hell while the very few will end in heaven.

Fact. Jesus said he came to cure and not kill. I come for the ill and not the well.

Fact. Yahweh kills instead of cures those in hell, which is the opposite of what Jesus' attitude was.

Only one of these facts is moral thinking and ethical actions.

Who is doing the wrong thing? Jesus or Yahweh?

Regards
DL

Jesus came other first time to save us. He’s coming the second time as a Judge.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#62New Post! Jun 02, 2019 @ 00:54:24
@GreatestIam2 Said

I would argue against that view.

Christians and Muslims are idol worshiping literalists.

Jews, from what I gather, are not literalists nor idol worshipers.
I guess I would have to exclude the Jews for Jesus branch but otherwise, as I understand it, Karaite Jews, are the branch that control the beliefs and they, like we Gnostic Christians put man above god, as we should, given that all the gods are man made.

The Karaite Jews control the traditional oral tradition which leads the orthodoxy.

I think that they and Chrestians originally formed what is now Gnostic Christianity as we all though along the same lines.

Regardless. Here is the thinking on literalism. I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
https://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

What idols do they worship?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#63New Post! Jun 02, 2019 @ 03:29:23
@GreatestIam2 Said

Christians and Muslims are idol worshiping literalists.

@Cpat92 Said

The operative word here is "worship".

However taken at face value...

Christians: The bible, the cross/crucifix, images of Christ (which are mostly inaccurate at best), and (in some cases) various artifacts (bones of saints, shroud of Turin) as well as various "holy" places like Jerusalem, St Peters Cathedral, and numerous other sites of pilgrimage... and even seemingly things from these places (rocks, dirt, trinkets paid for...) etc... these are idols.

It should be noted that not all christians "worship" these things/nor these places. Regardless these are still, at a minimum, graven images and a sin... ("Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image".

Muslims: now they are a little more strict than the Christians in terms of "graven images". None the less they have some... Mecca, Medina, the "House of God" (part of the Hajj), even the Koran.

(Side note: It is one thing to read, study and revere a holy book, and believe it's words as the words of god. It is quite another thing to have never read nor studies one's holy book, but then put it up upon some pedestal as a graven image.)

Note: Christians and Muslims are not the only guilty in this regard. Hindus, Buddhist and others do the same.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#64New Post! Jun 02, 2019 @ 19:28:48
@Cpat92 Said

Jesus came other first time to save us. He’s coming the second time as a Judge.

If you cannot answer simple questions and have to hide behind your supernaturalstupid shield, you are not worth my time.

You use childish tactics as you have yet to put away the things of children.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#65New Post! Jun 02, 2019 @ 19:30:03
@Cpat92 Said

The same idol you worship.

Regards
DL
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#66New Post! Jun 02, 2019 @ 19:51:38
@GreatestIam2 Said

Matthew 25:46 Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Scriptures also say that the many will end in hell while the very few will end in heaven.

Fact. Jesus said he came to cure and not kill. I come for the ill and not the well.

Fact. Yahweh kills instead of cures those in hell, which is the opposite of what Jesus' attitude was.

Yahweh seemed to have an anger management problem

Ottawa, Canada
#67New Post! Jun 03, 2019 @ 18:35:04
@Erimitus Said

@GreatestIam2 Said

Yahweh seemed to have an anger management problem

By a long shot, for sure.

Regards
DL
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#68New Post! Jun 03, 2019 @ 19:01:52
@Erimitus Said

What we have is an all powerful/all knowing god who is perfect, who at some point in time changed his mind about a lot of stuff.

Before he had a favorite people (the Israelites). You might say that the Israelites were team. Sometimes they won, sometimes they lost, but they were his favorite team... for a long time.

Then god changed his mind. He didn't just like team Israelites, he also like everyone else... sort of.... In anywise team Israelites was no longer #1.

In order to affect this change God had to do something... something big... one of those moments when everything is divided into before this moment and after this moment. It had to be big...really BIG... the BEST!

The idea was brilliant: God would have himself born as his on son. Then he would sacrificed his son, who was actually himself, for everyone on his team.

He did this so that people should use their free will, which they had been doing anyway.

Those who chose to use their free will to follow him get to be on his new team, and get to go to heaven and live there forever... super happy and praising him (god) ever and always. (I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the free will thing goes away at that point, but no-one ever talks about that so I don't know for sure... maybe it isn't needed anymore... )

The other people, the ones who chose to use their free will to not follow him (god), get cut from the team (well really they never made it past the initial try-outs), and get to go to hell forever when they die. They on't get free will any more.

Anyway, you might say that before God picked his own team, but now he lets the team pick him.

It is a somewhat unique idea... except "it" is what people have been doing all along anyway.

Ottawa, Canada
#69New Post! Jun 04, 2019 @ 16:19:04
@chaski Said

It is a somewhat unique idea... except "it" is what people have been doing all along anyway.

True, and moral people will reject a genocidal son murderer like Yahweh, as he is a satanic god.

Regards
DL
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#70New Post! Jun 04, 2019 @ 16:35:03
@GreatestIam2 Said

True, and moral people will reject a genocidal son murderer like Yahweh, as he is a satanic god.

Regards
DL

Interestingly enough some of the Gnostics viewed the creator of this world to actually be Satan.

(Forgive me for way over simplifying that.)
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#71New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 01:46:33
@chaski Said

Interestingly enough some of the Gnostics viewed the creator of this world to actually be Satan.

That can be argued in different ways.

Ottawa, Canada
#72New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 18:38:52
@chaski Said

No problem. Our myths explain it differently but given the description of demiurge, which is what we name Yahweh, you are close.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#73New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 18:43:05
@Cpat92 Said

That can be argued in different ways.

True, but most Christians I ask to debate the morals that Yahweh exhibits just end in running for the hills as they cannot argue well against Gnostic Christians.

If they could, their ancients would have instead of sending out their many inquisitions to destroy us who had a better morality and overall ideology.

We lost the god wars and the world inherited a garbage ideology that is second only to Islam.

Regards
DL
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#74New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 01:21:37
@GreatestIam2 Said

True, but most Christians I ask to debate the morals that Yahweh exhibits just end in running for the hills as they cannot argue well against Gnostic Christians.

If they could, their ancients would have instead of sending out their many inquisitions to destroy us who had a better morality and overall ideology.

We lost the god wars and the world inherited a garbage ideology that is second only to Islam.

Regards
DL

Good thing there are millions of Christians who can answer that question huh?

Who would "their" ancients be?

The world is filled with multiple ideologies. Many inherited at different times. Some newer than others. It's possible you lack understanding and refuse to gain proper knowledge. That is why the only thing you know to do is attack Christianity.

Ottawa, Canada
#75New Post! Jun 06, 2019 @ 12:35:24
@Cpat92 Said

Good thing there are millions of Christians who can answer that question huh?

Who would "their" ancients be?

The world is filled with multiple ideologies. Many inherited at different times. Some newer than others. It's possible you lack understanding and refuse to gain proper knowledge. That is why the only thing you know to do is attack Christianity.

What question?

As to attacking Christianity and Islam, all I can attack is their immorality and try to teach a better moral way, but as I say, the moment morals are the topic, both Christians and Muslims run for the hills.

You might wonder why your religion used jihad instead of sound moral arguments.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs