The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

When did Christianity invent hell and god’s imaginary condemnation of man?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! May 21, 2019 @ 15:02:46

I have read where god cursed the ground, Gen 3;17, cursed is the ground for thy sake. Nowhere do I see where god condemned or cursed mankind directly.

When and why did Christianity invent the notions and lies surrounding hell and man’s condemnation?

Was it to loosen our purse strings or just to use fear as a tool of social manipulation and control?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x296qzz

Why do the gullible still believe this obvious lie?

Regards
DL
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! May 21, 2019 @ 19:17:07
@GreatestIam2 Said

I have read where god cursed the ground, Gen 3;17, cursed is the ground for thy sake. Nowhere do I see where god condemned or cursed mankind directly.

When and why did Christianity invent the notions and lies surrounding hell and man’s condemnation?

Was it to loosen our purse strings or just to use fear as a tool of social manipulation and control?

Regards
DL

no u

Ottawa, Canada
#3New Post! May 21, 2019 @ 19:49:57
@gakINGKONG Said

no u

What?

Regards
DL
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! May 21, 2019 @ 21:39:53
@GreatestIam2 Said

Roughly at the compilation of the christian Bible at the direction of the Emperor Constantine... 300 Something AD.

Why did Christianity invent the notions and lies surrounding hell and man’s condemnation?

Created as a control mechanism of the masses. Kings are divinely selected so must be obeyed..., but don't worry, if you are a good little servant, you will get everything you desire in heaven.

Not to loosen our purse strings... but rather to use fear as a tool of social manipulation and control?
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#5New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 01:55:35
@GreatestIam2 Said

What?

Regards
DL

no u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYHoc7PqCMY

no

no u

Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#6New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 02:23:51
@GreatestIam2 Said

Regards
DL

Back when I was a Christian, I believed that non-believers perished for good rather than suffered eternally. No where in the Bible did it mention that people would suffer eternally, not to mention it seemed rather cruel overkill for a supposedly benevolent god. Even suffering on Earth was, I believed, wholly a result of our actions, not a god’s.

Now I don’t know what I believe in terms of the supernatural, but my stance on hell, which is a belief in that it doesn’t exist, is the same.

@GreatestIam2 Said

What?

Regards
DL

It’s this decade’s “cool story bro” sheeple retort, but even more stupid than it’s predecessor - as dumb as it’s origin (think two six year olds arguing and you’ll get the idea where it came from).

It’s for people who can’t/don’t want to/know they will lose if they attempt to counter an argument coherently instead.

Best just to ignore it and move on to more intelligent responses.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#7New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 11:21:11
I somehow got the idea the hell predates Christianity. Ancient Mesopotamia, for example, had an underworld.

Zoroastrianism distinguished between good and evil (God and Devil) and the evil were subject to eternal punishment.
mrmhead On about 19 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 11:43:39
@GreatestIam2 Said
just to use fear as a tool of social manipulation and control?

During my early years of brainwashing, I recognized a number of inconsistencies and came to this conclusion about organized religion.

After that, I continued my studies to "make the grade" (confirmation) so as to appease mom and pop, but just accepted it as a flawed history class.
(my first exposure/recognition of Fake News - Haha!!)

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 12:14:25
@chaski Said

Not to loosen our purse strings... but rather to use fear as a tool of social manipulation and control?

I think all con games include cash and I see all the perpetually lying clergy of the supernatural based religions as just con men.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qi5kt

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#10New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 12:20:20
@Erimitus Said

I somehow got the idea the hell predates Christianity. Ancient Mesopotamia, for example, had an underworld.

Zoroastrianism distinguished between good and evil (God and Devil) and the evil were subject to eternal punishment.

That is my understanding as well, even as others posit other sources for that foolish imaginary concept or notion.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#11New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 12:22:32
@mrmhead Said

During my early years of brainwashing, I recognized a number of inconsistencies and came to this conclusion about organized religion.

After that, I continued my studies to "make the grade" (confirmation) so as to appease mom and pop, but just accepted it as a flawed history class.
(my first exposure/recognition of Fake News - Haha!!)

I am pleased that you escaped their wanting to deny you your age of reason.

Regards
DL
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 12:42:40
@GreatestIam2 Said

I think all con games include cash....

DL

Perhaps.

I think it's more realistic that it began as a method of enforcing herd mentality (which in my opinion was actually an unfortunate necessity at one point in ancient history if the human race was going to evolve at all socially and eventually technologically) and that it morphed over time to become an economic mechanism as well. The church did become one of the largest political powers in the history of man, but I don't think the danger of hell was posited for that purpose. I think it was posited to snap people into line for the purpose of keeping them from killing and raping each other into extinction and allowing a few to have governing power over the rest. I think the con game that followed was not a part of the original intent.

Quote:
...and I see all the perpetually lying clergy of the supernatural based religions as just con men.

Really, all of them? You don't think at least some of them actually believe what they are saying? You think every last one of them today is deliberately trying to deceive the rest of the world?

That's a pretty grim, and I think also pretty unrealistic view.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 12:57:06
@Leon Said

It’s this decade’s “cool story bro” sheeple retort, but even more stupid than it’s predecessor - as dumb as it’s origin (think two six year olds arguing and you’ll get the idea where it came from).

It’s for people who can’t/don’t want to/know they will lose if they attempt to counter an argument coherently instead.

Best just to ignore it and move on to more intelligent responses.

I thought it was kinda funny.
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#14New Post! May 22, 2019 @ 14:29:48
@GreatestIam2 Said

I think all con games include cash and I see all the perpetually lying clergy of the supernatural based religions as just con men.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qi5kt

Regards
DL

But the question was "When and why..?"

So, short answer:

The when was: The early days of the formation of the Church; 325 BC and the years following.

The why was: Power (not "cash" ).

Longer answer:

> When christianity was formed, "it" wasn't about cash. "Cash" didn't exist in quite the same way back then as it does today. Back then it was about power and control of people.

The Emperor Constantine essentially created Christianity as we know it today. Prior to him there were numerous competing sects. He gathered the leaders, the so called biships of the day and told them to all get on one page... compile one codex/cannon of beliefs. This became the bible and the early cannon of the church...

Constantine wanted "it" organized so "it" could be controlled.

Constantine already had the power and wealth, but wanted to control this new religion so that it did not become a source of rebellion and uprising in his empire.

Much later the church... back then the Holy Roman Catholic Church... then determined to consolidate its own power. This happened because the Roman Empire, over time, was replaced by other conquerors and later kingdoms and later countries.

Back in those days, land and gold (and silver) were the primary things of wealth. (Yes there were other things as well). The church then began to convince people to buy there salvation.

There are many more details to this but that is the core of it.

So, {now} "it" is often about "cash", which can buy power. Back in the day... in the "begining" days of the Christian Church, it was about power and control of the people.

It is and was very simple back in the day: Power and control.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#15New Post! May 23, 2019 @ 02:20:10
@Eaglebauer Said

I thought it was kinda funny.

No. This is funny:

Edited: May 23, 2019 @ 02:29
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others