The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

When college football more important than a Child ?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:20:11
I am a big college football fan, and have always viewed Paterno as one of the good guys. He was a class act, never a rude or impolite thing to say about anyone.

When this story broke I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, I tried to believe he really did do what he was supposed to do, but honestly as the story has unfolded I cannot.

Paterno is guilty here of trying to cover this up. Of that there can be no doubt.

It is a shame too. I mean this with all due respect but I now understand to a certain extent how the Catholics felt when that sex abuse scandal broke. People who you always assumed were the good guys are suddenly doing unspeakably evil things.

They were right to fire Paterno, and every trace of his presence and legacy needs to be striken from than campus in hopes that eventually his taint will be forgotten.

I never would have guessed two weeks ago that would be how I would feel about JoePa, but that is honestly how I feel.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:25:38
@drman321 Said

I am a big college football fan, and have always viewed Paterno as one of the good guys. He was a class act, never a rude or impolite thing to say about anyone.

When this story broke I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, I tried to believe he really did do what he was supposed to do, but honestly as the story has unfolded I cannot.

Paterno is guilty here of trying to cover this up. Of that there can be no doubt.

It is a shame too. I mean this with all due respect but I now understand to a certain extent how the Catholics felt when that sex abuse scandal broke. People who you always assumed were the good guys are suddenly doing unspeakably evil things.

They were right to fire Paterno, and every trace of his presence and legacy needs to be striken from than campus in hopes that eventually his taint will be forgotten.

I never would have guessed two weeks ago that would be how I would feel about JoePa, but that is honestly how I feel.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. On every count...Even yesterday I was givng the guy the benifit of the doubt, but not today.
Oh what a difference a day makes.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#4New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:27:47
The link doesn't work.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#5New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:28:52
@drman321 Said

I have always been a fan of JoePa too. I Always looked forward to playing his teams. I am a big fan of OSU love college football Ohio State has it's problems too. This is over the top at the very least they should remove his one record he had to have "the winnings of coach of all time".

, Ohio
#6New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:33:31
@Lili Said

The link doesn't work.

Sorry https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/penn-state-students-take-_n_1085408.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl17|sec1_l
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#7New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:33:54
@restoreone Said

I have always been a fan of JoePa too. I Always looked forward to playing his teams. I am a big fan of OSU love college football Ohio State has it's problems too. This is over the top at the very least they should remove his one record he had to have "the winnings of coach of all time".

I'm having a little trouble understanding this post.

You're saying he should not have been fired for something that is against an ethical code, but should have his title of the "winningest coach of all time" (which he would have earned) removed instead?

Why punish his coaching career instead of severing the association with the college?

, Florida
#8New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:36:48
@restoreone Said

Oh, Ohio State? We can't be friends.

*cough* Hail to the victors *cough*

, Ohio
#10New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:43:56
@drman321 Said

Oh, Ohio State? We can't be friends.

*cough* Hail to the victors *cough*

and NOw you live IN SEC country Guess I should say choke choke

, Florida
#12New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:45:16
@restoreone Said

and NOw you live IN SEC country Guess I should say choke choke

Oh don't worry I still will root for even OSU before I do an SEC team. Big 10 comes first, even if it is those evil bastards at the horseshoe.

, Ohio
#13New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:46:51
@someone_else Said

Oh. I thought you were saying to take it away instead of firing him. I disagree with that because they're actually unrelated.

Have they decided yet if anyone is going to press charges against him?

They can't press charges against him he did report it to the higher up's at the college. It is not illegal to not report this to the police

, Ohio
#14New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:49:43
@drman321 Said

Oh don't worry I still will root for even OSU before I do an SEC team. Big 10 comes first, even if it is those evil bastards at the horseshoe.

Same here OSU first then the Big Ten. Even if it means I have to root for Big Blow.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#15New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:52:35
@restoreone Said

They can't press charges against him he did report it to the higher up's at the college. It is not illegal to not report this to the police

They may not be able to press criminal charges, but they could press civil charges.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs