Forums:
Random

When Facebook Friends Turn Into Idiots

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#1New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 17:49:38
I guess maybe I'm just starting to get older, but many of my friends I have known for a long time became the most obnoxious people on facebook.

I'm wondering if other people have found this to be true as well?

For example, a bunch have turned into religious nuts posting memes that have quotes that aren't even correct or were never actually said, and even incorrect/misinterpreted versus from Genesis, etc.

Then I have some who have blogs that are written as informational guides, mostly on cooking. Most of the recipes exist in thousands of places on the internet. I couldn't even believe how much effort one person put into how to make iced coffee at home, or another on a microwave lava cake they invented that I made 4 times just to see if I could make it taste good... I couldn't.

Then there are those who post hundreds of photos of their kids. My first question is an ethical one; are these people aware they are disregarding their children's privacy or realize those pictures never go away? No one wants to see your kid pooping (yes, there are a few of those) or 30 shots of your half naked child running through a sprinkler. One friend Photoshops her 5 year old daughter to make her thinner and enhance her features.

One friend from high school lies about where she lives, what she does for a living, where she went to school.. I think the only accurate thing is her birth date. She also posts some of the most God-awful music I have ever heard on Soundcloud.

Does anyone else have idiot facebook friends?
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 17:55:13
I did have, then I realised that 75% of the people on my 'friends' list, I wouldn't actually speak to if I saw them in the street. I had a thorough clear out and I am now very selective who I add!

As for your friend who photoshops images of her daughter....that's pretty

, California
#3New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 17:59:13
@emskie Said

I did have, then I realised that 75% of the people on my 'friends' list, I wouldn't actually speak to if I saw them in the street. I had a thorough clear out and I am now very selective who I add!

As for your friend who photoshops images of her daughter....that's pretty

Well she photoshops herself and her husband too, so I guess she has to make the good looks run in the family.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 18:00:16
Just delete them, saves a lot of bother.

I went through and got rid of everyone I don't speak to or care about particularly and it's made Facebook much more bearable. Of course it can be awkward when they try to add you back, but I'm hardly going to lose sleep over blocking them.
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 18:01:55
@magically_delicious Said

Well she photoshops herself and her husband too, so I guess she has to make the good looks run in the family.

That's a new type of vain!

What also annoys me on Facebook is when you meet someone once, or vaguely know them through someone else, and they add you on Facebook. Take the hint....you're not a friend!
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#6New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 18:05:03
I use facebook for business networking rather than social. Helps weed out the weirdos.

, California
#7New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 18:06:25
Well my job is social media based, so I need to keep almost everyone. I'm not bothered by it though, more amazed by the transition from who I used to know and be friends with to what they are now.

I have a very complex list system that hides most of the f***-tards, the only thing obnoxious about it was when they used to tag me in photos or post on my wall.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#8New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 18:18:58
I never made an account. I keep hearing negatives about it, so doubt I ever will...
Your one friend...if things are really this bad there with how people are, perhaps she is the smartest one giving all false information about herself, except for the birthdate. lol
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9New Post! Aug 01, 2012 @ 20:54:42
I'm barely on Facebook so I don't worry.
TaraLovesLiam On March 02, 2014

Portlaoise, Ireland
#10New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 07:38:13
Amen to this post! I am sick of people on facebook posting everything they do! I hate when girls upload pictures of themselves and say they look ugly when they look great! I'm sick of having my brothers and sisters add all of my friends,it's weird!!!!!!!! End of rant!
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#11New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 07:54:29
@magically_delicious Said

I guess maybe I'm just starting to get older, but many of my friends I have known for a long time became the most obnoxious people on facebook.

I'm wondering if other people have found this to be true as well?

For example, a bunch have turned into religious nuts posting memes that have quotes that aren't even correct or were never actually said, and even incorrect/misinterpreted versus from Genesis, etc.

Then I have some who have blogs that are written as informational guides, mostly on cooking. Most of the recipes exist in thousands of places on the internet. I couldn't even believe how much effort one person put into how to make iced coffee at home, or another on a microwave lava cake they invented that I made 4 times just to see if I could make it taste good... I couldn't.

Then there are those who post hundreds of photos of their kids. My first question is an ethical one; are these people aware they are disregarding their children's privacy or realize those pictures never go away? No one wants to see your kid pooping (yes, there are a few of those) or 30 shots of your half naked child running through a sprinkler. One friend Photoshops her 5 year old daughter to make her thinner and enhance her features.

One friend from high school lies about where she lives, what she does for a living, where she went to school.. I think the only accurate thing is her birth date. She also posts some of the most God-awful music I have ever heard on Soundcloud.

Does anyone else have idiot facebook friends?

I have 9 friends on Facebook. Not ninety, or nine hundred... just nine.

That might be your problem. Too many "friends".

just sayin..
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#12New Post! Aug 02, 2012 @ 08:04:35
Most people I'm friends with on FB are just posting links or photos most the time. Half the other ones I've already hidden because I didn't want to hear about the bible, wacky political theories or their atrocious spelling.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs