The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What this country needs is some good sturdy Stucco skyscrapers ...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Wizardofozone On April 25, 2019

Zelienople, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 08:44:14
I've finally convinced myself that I now know what some of those Demos are doing. They make each individual slowly go crazy by sincerely stating the need for every type of impossible nonsense they can dream up ... Seriously, what the heck will let a skyscraper stand 150 stories tall without steel ?? Am I just dense ? Does anyone understand this Psychopath ?

And if some other magic mix can support a skyscraper, how the heck do you look outside with no glass ? Did Scotty finally invent 'Transparent Aluminum '?

I thought nothing could outdo the insanity of no cars, boats, planes, or cows but I was wrong ... steel-less and glass-less buildings ... I'd love to have Steven King write a fictional description of the future world's construction tec for these buildings ...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 11:48:26
@Wizardofozone Said

I've finally convinced myself that I now know what some of those Demos are doing. They make each individual slowly go crazy by sincerely stating the need for every type of impossible nonsense they can dream up ... Seriously, what the heck will let a skyscraper stand 150 stories tall without steel ?? Am I just dense ? Does anyone understand this Psychopath ?

And if some other magic mix can support a skyscraper, how the heck do you look outside with no glass ? Did Scotty finally invent 'Transparent Aluminum '?

I thought nothing could outdo the insanity of no cars, boats, planes, or cows but I was wrong ... steel-less and glass-less buildings ... I'd love to have Steven King write a fictional description of the future world's construction tec for these buildings ...

I missed that one ...
Got a link?

Or is some FoxNews/InfoWars spin on something mentioned.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 12:24:42
@mrmhead Said

I missed that one ...
Got a link?

Or is some FoxNews/InfoWars spin on something mentioned.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/22/de-blasio-glass-skyscrapers-have-no-place-on-our-earth/

I assume he's talking about Bill DeBlasio. It's a real thing.

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 12:49:34
@Eaglebauer Said

https://nypost.com/2019/04/22/de-blasio-glass-skyscrapers-have-no-place-on-our-earth/

I assume he's talking about Bill DeBlasio. It's a real thing.

Got it - SPIN / Out of context / Exaggeration ... as usual

thank you

Mayor Bill de Blasio’s so-called Green New Deal will ban “ classic glass and steel skyscrapers,” he said Monday.

“If someone wants to build one of those things, they can take a whole lot of steps to make it energy efficient, but we’re not going to allow what we’ve seen in the past.”

De Blasio’s new scheme to slash carbon emissions by 30 percent by 2030 includes a ban on new buildings with all-glass facades “unless they meet strict performance guidelines,” City Hall said in a release Monday

Zelienople, Pennsylvania
#5New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 13:49:06

Spin ? Exaggeration ? So this is now in an easier to accept reasonable 'green' attempt proposal than my post ? Heh ... this is the Carson didn't really think he was 'the great Carnac' post example I wrote earlier ... Do I have to actually tell you that I don't think skyscrapers made of Stucco would work ? And read other links as well, as designer engineers also said this suggestion is right up there with the cow lady's 'green'suggestions ... I'd rather you think I'm just stupid than think I'd just post a lie ... now I know how Trump gets in trouble ... They might have said 'one entire coating of reflective glass buildings' which would have clarified it to me ... although I ask you to just explain the other part about the steel being controlled as I am not spinning anything, I don't see where reflective glass outer skin increases or changes the need for steel to be in the normal place it would be for typical glass windows ...
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 13:49:48
@mrmhead Said

thank you

Mayor Bill de Blasio’s so-called Green New Deal will ban “ classic glass and steel skyscrapers,” he said Monday.

“If someone wants to build one of those things, they can take a whole lot of steps to make it energy efficient, but we’re not going to allow what we’ve seen in the past.”

De Blasio’s new scheme to slash carbon emissions by 30 percent by 2030 includes a ban on new buildings with all-glass facades “unless they meet strict performance guidelines,” City Hall said in a release Monday

I don't really have any skin on it one way or the other (yet)...I just heard about this in passing yesterday. I haven't thought much about it yet. Just offering the link for clarification.

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 13:54:31
@Wizardofozone Said

Spin ? Exaggeration ? So this is now in an easier to accept reasonable 'green' attempt proposal than my post ? Heh ... this is the Carson didn't really think he was 'the great Carnac' post example I wrote earlier ... Do I have to actually tell you that I don't think skyscrapers made of Stucco would work ? And read other links as well, as designer engineers also said this suggestion is right up there with the cow lady's 'green'suggestions ... I'd rather you think I'm just stupid than think I'd just post a lie ... now I know how Trump gets in trouble ... They might have said 'one entire coating of reflective glass buildings' which would have clarified it to me ... although I ask you to just explain the other part about the steel being controlled as I am not spinning anything, I don't see where reflective glass outer skin increases or changes the need for steel to be in the normal place it would be for typical glass windows ...

Please provide a link that shows DeBlasio said skyscrapers should be made out of stucco.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 14:35:52
I think we should be building buildings to last thousands of years >>> kind of like the pyramids... but better.

Zelienople, Pennsylvania
#9New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 01:50:21
MRM SAID : Please provide a link that shows DeBlasio said skyscrapers should be made out of stucco.

Ok, I get it ... thanks for the 10 days of chat fellows, I'm outta here and apologize to all ... The stucco was my humerous header, most forum participants kind of like to apply clever writing skills ... my bad .. so long to all ...

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 01:58:25
@Wizardofozone Said

MRM SAID : Please provide a link that shows DeBlasio said skyscrapers should be made out of stucco.

Ok, I get it ... thanks for the 10 days of chat fellows, I'm outta here and apologize to all ... The stucco was my humerous header, most forum participants kind of like to apply clever writing skills ... my bad .. so long to all ...

So, that's a "No" ?

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 11:32:37
@Wizardofozone Said

@Wizardofozone Said

So the Psychopath you refer to in the OP is yourself?

My bad, I misunderstood.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 13:15:40
@Wizardofozone Said

Hey, take it easy friend!

We rib on each other a lot in here. I get into some pretty heated back and forth conversations with people here that I still consider friends. Chaski and I keep each other busy sometimes that way but I'd still enjoy hanging out with him if the opportunity ever arose and have no ill will toward him at all.

It's all just for the sake of argument.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#13New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 14:07:48
@Eaglebauer Said

Hey, take it easy friend!

We rib on each other a lot in here. I get into some pretty heated back and forth conversations with people here that I still consider friends. Chaski and I keep each other busy sometimes that way but I'd still enjoy hanging out with him if the opportunity ever arose and have no ill will toward him at all.

It's all just for the sake of argument.

Exactly.

And as for me, I never get truly bent out of shape.... except for stupid posts about: Business & Money, College Life
Entertainment, Food & Drink, Gaming, Health & Fitness, Homes & Real Estate, Jokes & Humor, Languages,
Local, Member Forums, Music, News & Current Events, Politics, Q & A, Random, Recreation, Relationships, Religion & Philosophy, Science, Society & Lifestyles, Sports, Technology & Internet, Teens, TFS+, The Forum Site, Travel...

...and when people say my dress is red, or yellow, or purple, or... any other color Its blue

Other than that, I am a live and let live kind of guy in discussions.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs