Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:19:31
All major world religions are like that.

And who said that anyone, even priests, were perfect? No human beings are perfrect or free from sin.

Priests get no "immunity."
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:22:28
I wonder how long it will be before this thread gets locked.
xxdeceivingeyesxx On April 19, 2009

Deleted

nowhere, California
#4New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:24:13
I'm sorry I just found this funny.

"What the hell is up with christianity?"

Just those two words in the same sentance amuses me.
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#5New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:25:28
@jonnythan Said

And who said that anyone, even priests, were perfect? No human beings are perfrect or free from sin.

I could not have said it better myself!
glassman55 On November 01, 2010

Deleted

Dingwall, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:28:27
@jonnythan Said

I didn't mean that priests are perfect. I meant they act perfect. I just can't be bothered going to a church on Sunday and singing songs about a guy i never knew and probably will never know. I'm not completely sure, but i think one of the commandments is "dont lie". I don't think ANYONE in the world can say they've never lied in their life. Even if it was just not to hurt someones feelings. P.S is it just me, or do nearly all priests wear glasses?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:34:35
@glassman55 Said
I didn't mean that priests are perfect. I meant they act perfect. I just can't be bothered going to a church on Sunday and singing songs about a guy i never knew and probably will never know. I'm not completely sure, but i think one of the commandments is "dont lie". I don't think ANYONE in the world can say they've never lied in their life. Even if it was just not to hurt someones feelings. P.S is it just me, or do nearly all priests wear glasses?

Like I said, everyone sins. Even priests.

And, yes, it's just you.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#8New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:37:13
@glassman55 Said

Last I checked heaven wasn't so hard to get into and it had nothing to do with attending church or priests.

Deleted

Dingwall, United Kingdom
#10New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:40:59
@jonnythan Said
Like I said, everyone sins. Even priests.

And, yes, it's just you.

fair enough, i just thought it strange that so many priests ive seen wear glasses. I know everyone sins. I didn't say there WAS anyone that hasn't, but you got to admit, the heaven and hell thing is a bit much. I know if there was a heaven, the streets would be empty and hell would be filled to the brim because i reckon everyone has at least one time in their life, has done something that would be bad enough to make them go to hell. But, like as you said, everyone sins. Some are mistakes. Some are not. The best thing we can do is learn from our mistakes. And if this is not OK with "God", i would rather be in hell
bor3113 On July 07, 2008

Welland, Canada
#11New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:42:11
"Common sense is different for everybody...for Christians - it's believing in God and not Santa Claus."
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:43:07
@glassman55 Said
hell would be filled to the brim because i reckon everyone has at least one time in their life, has done something that would be bad enough to make them go to hell.

Sinning doesn't automatically make you go to hell.

According to most Christian sects, you can get into heaven by simply accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, making some honest attempt to lead a good life, and admitting and repenting for the sins you do make.

Deleted

Dingwall, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:47:23
@jonnythan Said
Sinning doesn't automatically make you go to hell.

According to most Christian sects, you can get into heaven by simply accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, making some honest attempt to lead a good life, and admitting and repenting for the sins you do make.

If i was a christian, or ever wanted to be, i would go into the kind of sects u just mentioned so i wouldnt have to be really good to get into heaven. But jonny i think you can at least respect my choice not to be a christian don't you think? I mean, its my life. I can believe whatever i want to believe. Like, some people believe in ghosts even though other people tell them they don't exist and that they shouldnt believe in them.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#14New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:51:03
@glassman55 Said
If i was a christian, or ever wanted to be, i would go into the kind of sects u just mentioned so i wouldnt have to be really good to get into heaven. But jonny i think you can at least respect my choice not to be a christian don't you think? I mean, its my life. I can believe whatever i want to believe. Like, some people believe in ghosts even though other people tell them they don't exist and that they shouldnt believe in them.

You can choose to believe whatever you wish. It wold be nice though if you understood what you were rejecting before you did so.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 15:52:32
@glassman55 Said

I'm not a Christian. You can believe whatever you want to believe. I respect your choice.

I'm just trying to correct some of your misconceptions about the religion.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs