What the f***?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#31New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 15:36:26
@white_swan53 Said

I have , for almost 4 years. myself and three kids ages 7 , 9 ad 10.
It's not quiet the "sweet innocent life " portrayed by the movies and in novels .
We were able to get electricity after 4 years .
The kids are grown with families of their own and as of 2017 I have lived here in my house for 30 years.

How do your kids feel about being raised "off the grid" ?
- Just an innocent question - Do they live in "suburbia" now? Excitement of change? Long to return?

Or did the apple fall not far from the tree?

NE, Ohio
#32New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 15:39:47
@white_swan53 Said

It's not quiet the "sweet innocent life " portrayed by the movies and in novels .

Ever listen to (read lyrics) Roger Waters "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" - the whole album, not just the title track?
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#33New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 17:28:43
To me, it would be like permanently camping.

And I hate camping.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#34New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 17:46:29

San Diego, California
#35New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 17:50:48
@chaski Said

Good post. Can you post the url for that graphic on here, so I can refer to it in the future if I ever need to? The other tabs on there may be useful for quick information all in one place.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#36New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 17:51:22

And not a single Russian involved...
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#37New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 17:54:41
@Leon Said

Good post. Can you post the url for that graphic on here, so I can refer to it in the future if I ever need to? The other tabs on there may be useful for quick information all in one place.

Sure...

Russia Investigations... the numbers and people... etc...

San Diego, California
#38New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 17:57:52

Thanks! Great site. Very comprehensive, and well laid out. I like how you can click on each individual and get all the documentation. I also like how they included separate pages for the House, Senate, and Judiciary Committee investigations.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#39New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 18:02:30
@Leon Said

Thanks! Great site. Very comprehensive, and well laid out. I like how you can click on each individual and get all the documentation. I also like how they included separate pages for the House, Senate, and Judiciary Committee investigations.

Yes... and easily fact checked.

Of course its all fake news because we are un-American leftist liberal antifas who have let our hate for Trump override our belief in anything and everything he says, which is better than "gospel" because his gut tell us so...and it is a very smart gut... smartest gut ever... a genius gut that is very stable.

NE, Ohio
#40New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 19:17:15
@chaski Said

Those numbers are inflated ...i.e FAKE NEWS

They're counting the same person under multiple categories.

Manafort for instance - He's counted in "Convicted" "Plead Guilty" AND "Charged"

.. I bet a lot of the charges for the many people are the same too!

FAKE NEWS
WITCH HUNT
BAD SCIENCE
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#41New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 20:54:19
@mrmhead Said

How do your kids feel about being raised "off the grid" ?
- Just an innocent question - Do they live in "suburbia" now? Excitement of change? Long to return?

Or did the apple fall not far from the tree?

My oldest son and his family lives here on our
place New Mexico. My youngest son lives in a small town in Idaho with his family. My daughter was killed when a drunk driver ran her off the road 17 years ago.

n/a, New Mexico
#42New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 21:19:01
@Jennifer1984 Said

Not wishing to butt in out of turn in what is, essentially, a matter for the American people, but I think of all this in terms of democracy.

There is only one way a monster like Trump can be prevented from abusing the office of President: Kick him out of the White House.

Now.... It seems to me on this side of the pond that the courts are unlikely to be able to prosecute him. He's been a businessman long enough to have learned how to manipulate the system, cover his arse, create plausible deniablility or just downright lie knowing that he can either bribe or destroy the plausibility of anybody who would testify against him, or if he thought he could get away with it, have them killed.

So, if you can't throw him into chokey, where he probably deserves to be, the only option is through the electoral process.

You have a vote. Use it. Now, I understand that it will require a number of people to change their vote to oust him. Fair enough. That's how democracy works.

And so Pat's point, that an opponent to Trump will be needed, who can show the sort of leadership that will inspire enough people to change their vote at the next General Election. At the moment, the Democrats don't seem to have such a candidate.

Perhaps Trumps chances of re-election will be decided, not by his "merits" as a President (I really don't like using the word "merit" in conjunction with Trump, but you know what I'm saying), but by the paucity of an alternative that the American people will feel they can follow.

The Democratic Party really needs to get its act together, if only to save the White House from many more Christmases of his baleful wife's appalling taste in festive decoration. When the pictures were shown on the news here, I half expected to see a small boy on a tricycle come around the corner.

But seriously. It's not just America that needs to be saved from Trump. Britain is already blowing its own foot off with an elephant gun with Brexit, and the only plan our own utterly incompetent government seems to have is to go to a monster that will devour us.

Don't just save America, save those of us who had no say in his election, but will be affected by his imperialist ambitions.

The world needs a Democrat with the political skills and leadership to save us all. Not just America.

n/a, New Mexico
#43New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 21:23:47
@mrmhead Said

Ever listen to (read lyrics) Roger Waters "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" - the whole album, not just the title track?

No, I don't believe I have .
Maybe if you hum a few bars ....

n/a, New Mexico
#44New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 21:28:10
@Leon Said

To me, it would be like permanently camping.

And I hate camping.

" we are on a perpetual camping trip " has been an inside joke for thirty years .
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#45New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 21:54:08

I would normally agree with you on this point, but Trump has made such a mockery of the office of president, many of our military veterans/heroes and in fact a mockery of our entire country. T

hus my view is that the British... no, the entire world should be mocking him and even laughing openly at us.

Maybe if they laugh loud enough we as a country will wake the F__k up.... but I doubt it.

My bet is that Trump will be re-elected in 2020. Soon after the economy will start to tank. The world will be like "yikes... that's too bad... oh well they told us they don't need us..."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs