Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#16New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 21:22:39
@Leon Said

Isn’t it the job of a leader to help mend such ditstrust and discord rather than add fuel to the fire? It’s certainly not helping anything, what he is doing, and since he is the man in charge, he is making it worse since half the nation looks up to him in setting the example.

This alone disqualifies him as a true leader, in my opinion.

Then we need to do this on our own. Waiting for him, or any other politician to do it for us will make it worse. To fix everything with our allies, we may need a competent politician, no matter the party they are under.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 21:31:14
@Cpat92 Said

Then we need to do this on our own. Waiting for him, or any other politician to do it for us will make it worse. To fix everything with our allies, we may need a competent politician, no matter the party they are under.

We cannot do it on our own. We need leadership to guide us.

We are also erroneously narrowing this debate on whether or not we are worse with Trump in charge to trust in law enforcement. What about all the other areas I touched upon?

Bottom line, we ARE better without him in charge.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 21:36:58
@Cpat92 Said

I will support him as President because he is our commander in chief.

There is a difference between

1. "supporting" the office of the president in terms of doing ones duty as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces or the Federal Government

and

2. "supporting" any given president in terms of defending or even making excuses for his actions, words, or political philosophy.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#19New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 21:41:33
@chaski Said

1. "supporting" the office of the president in terms of doing ones duty as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces or the Federal Government

and

2. "supporting" any given president in terms of defending or even making excuses for his actions, words, or political philosophy.

That’s what the first amendment is all about.

And the constitution from which it comes from is supreme even over our commander in chief.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 22:40:49
The argument to go live in a cabin in the woods is a strong one. No net, no tv, just a sweet innocent life butchering animals for dinner at a warm log fire
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#21New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 23:52:19
@cole Said

The argument to go live in a cabin in the woods is a strong one. No net, no tv, just a sweet innocent life butchering animals for dinner at a warm log fire

Well, if we do it over here, we may get interrupted by Trump's Leaf Raking Force.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#22New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 23:53:58
@cole Said

Have you lived "off grid" for any period of time?

Not a "trick question" and not "baiting you"... just wondering.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 00:06:59
@Cpat92 Said

Personally I don’t see any politician who can improve the country. Even though it is slowly improving in some areas. Whether Trump stays in, or gets impeached, or whatever. We’re f***ed until we THE PEOPLE get our s*** together.

Not saying there aren’t any good politicians, but they can’t fix half the s*** the people as a whole f***ed up.

It's (less than) half of We The People that put this bastard in office.

Know the joke: "How to tell when a politician is lying - his lips are moving"

It used to be a joke because it was the exception not the rule.

Now, when considering your commander in chief (and his circle of friends), you now have to assume whatever is said is not true.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 00:11:13
@chaski Said

No but i remember a time (i'm 43) when we didn't really have this. No mobile phones, no internet. Yah sure we still had news on the tv but it was real news, not fake or trivial s***. News at 10 had a little segment at the end for the trivial/lighthearted stuff.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#25New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 01:50:17
@Leon Said

We cannot do it on our own. We need leadership to guide us.

We are also erroneously narrowing this debate on whether or not we are worse with Trump in charge to trust in law enforcement. What about all the other areas I touched upon?

Bottom line, we ARE better without him in charge.

Because I stand with the fact that as of right now, we are f***ed either way. Trump or no Trump.

We CAN do it on our own. If you want leadership to guide to rebuild trust between you (civilians) and law enforcement, then be that leader.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#26New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 01:53:13
@chaski Said

and

I know the difference.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 05:18:01
Not wishing to butt in out of turn in what is, essentially, a matter for the American people, but I think of all this in terms of democracy.

There is only one way a monster like Trump can be prevented from abusing the office of President: Kick him out of the White House.

Now.... It seems to me on this side of the pond that the courts are unlikely to be able to prosecute him. He's been a businessman long enough to have learned how to manipulate the system, cover his arse, create plausible deniablility or just downright lie knowing that he can either bribe or destroy the plausibility of anybody who would testify against him, or if he thought he could get away with it, have them killed.

So, if you can't throw him into chokey, where he probably deserves to be, the only option is through the electoral process.

You have a vote. Use it. Now, I understand that it will require a number of people to change their vote to oust him. Fair enough. That's how democracy works.

And so Pat's point, that an opponent to Trump will be needed, who can show the sort of leadership that will inspire enough people to change their vote at the next General Election. At the moment, the Democrats don't seem to have such a candidate.

Perhaps Trumps chances of re-election will be decided, not by his "merits" as a President (I really don't like using the word "merit" in conjunction with Trump, but you know what I'm saying), but by the paucity of an alternative that the American people will feel they can follow.

The Democratic Party really needs to get its act together, if only to save the White House from many more Christmases of his baleful wife's appalling taste in festive decoration. When the pictures were shown on the news here, I half expected to see a small boy on a tricycle come around the corner.

But seriously. It's not just America that needs to be saved from Trump. Britain is already blowing its own foot off with an elephant gun with Brexit, and the only plan our own utterly incompetent government seems to have is to go to a monster that will devour us.

Don't just save America, save those of us who had no say in his election, but will be affected by his imperialist ambitions.

The world needs a Democrat with the political skills and leadership to save us all. Not just America.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#28New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 05:50:23
I’m not denying that we need to vote him out and that it isn’t the best way to get him out.

Nor am I even denying that we will get him out in this manner, unlike others in TFS seem to believe. The popular vote in favor of Democrats over Republicans jumped to 7% in the 2018 election from 2% in 2016.

This thread is simply about about why we need to.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#29New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 17:34:44
"A retired Army general warned that Trump's 'disturbing' rhetoric is eroding the military's trust in its commander in chief"

Not surprising
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#30New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 08:34:50
@cole Said

@chaski Said

I have , for almost 4 years. myself and three kids ages 7 , 9 ad 10.
It's not quiet the "sweet innocent life " portrayed by the movies and in novels .
We were able to get electricity after 4 years .
The kids are grown with families of their own and as of 2017 I have lived here in my house for 30 years.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs