Politics

What the f***?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 02:07:20
Okay, so now we had Team Trump and Team Manafort apparently regularly discussing what Manafort fabricated in his Mueller testimony during the time. And then Trump today openly raising the possibility of pardoning Manafort, a criminal who plead guilty. And if that’s not enough, he now wants to use a threat off declassification of sensitive documents as a as blackmail to prevent Democrats from continuing an investigation should his newly appointed AG shut down Mueller.

What is this, the Mafia? This goes beyond simple obstruction of justice, especially on such a blatant level.

Great, so we have Don Corleone as our leader.

This and his narcissistic stupidity on the whole climate change thing is making me sick.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 02:54:04
@Leon Said

Okay, so now we had Team Trump and Team Manafort apparently regularly discussing what Manafort fabricated in his Mueller testimony during the time. And then Trump today openly raising the possibility of pardoning Manafort, a criminal who plead guilty. And if that’s not enough, he now wants to use a threat off declassification of sensitive documents as a as blackmail to prevent Democrats from continuing an investigation should his newly appointed AG shut down Mueller.

What is this, the Mafia? This goes beyond simple obstruction of justice, especially on such a blatant level.

Great, so we have Don Corleone as our leader.

This and his narcissistic stupidity on the whole climate change thing is making me sick.

OK, I didn't see the whole exchange, but as I understand it, someone asked him if he would pardon Manafort. It was kind of a bait. He didn't come out and threaten .. or drop a hint .. that a pardon might be in the works.

He basically gave a non-answer.

OH MY GOD!!!

I just stuck up for Trumpsterf***!?!

San Diego, California
#3New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 03:36:37
@mrmhead Said

I’m feeling that way already without sticking up for him. Just the idea that we have Vito as our leader is embarrassingly enough.

And to see him trash the effects of global warming, something I genuinely care deeply about, despite the urgency, really does create a bad feeling in my gut every time I think about it. I have a 2 year old.

I may have to step away from politics for a while, just to remain sane and happy.
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 04:24:07
@Leon Said

he now wants to use a threat off declassification of sensitive documents as a as blackmail to prevent Democrats from continuing an investigation should his newly appointed AG shut down Mueller.

Yes... he has some incriminating information on the Dems that he hasn't used before, but will now use...

Cadet Bones Spurs is beginning to feel the pressure.

I expect he's worried that Jr. and Kushner are going to get indicted.

Well he wants to act like John Gotti, maybe he'll go down like John Gotti.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#5New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 15:58:28
@chaski Said

Yes... he has some incriminating information on the Dems that he hasn't used before, but will now use...

Cadet Bones Spurs is beginning to feel the pressure.

I expect he's worried that Jr. and Kushner are going to get indicted.

Well he wants to act like John Gotti, maybe he'll go down like John Gotti.

Just so you know it did take a good while for them to convict John Gotti. He wasn’t the Teflon Don for no reason.
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 16:27:27
@Cpat92 Said

Just so you know it did take a good while for them to convict John Gotti. He wasn’t the Teflon Don for no reason.

Yep.

He was ultimately taken down by one of his own guys who turned on him and provided evidence to the government for a lesser charge (pretty standard prosecutorial stuff... people often plead to lesser charges...much like many of Trump's "greatest people" ).

The guy who brought Gotti down was Salvatore "Sammy the Bull" Gravano, who initially said he would never turn on Gotti.

While I actually doubt the Trump will ever be convicted of a crime, his pattern of behavior is pretty reminiscent of Gotti.

On the other hand, the "russia investigation" is moving very rapidly as compared to either investigations into the Mafia or even other Special Council investigations... and much more successfully also.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 19:50:55
I wonder who will take the role of Whitey Bulger?

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 19:56:38
Trump should just move to Russia. Like now. Before Mueller drops the hammer. He’d be much more at home there. And be a free man too.

And take his family with him.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 19:58:16
@mrmhead Said

I wonder who will take the role of Whitey Bulger?

Good question
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#10New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 19:58:51
@Leon Said

Trump should just move to Russia. Like now. Before Mueller drops the hammer. He’d be much more at home there. And be a free man too.

And take his family with him.

Not like the country would do better if he did move there.

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 20:00:49
@Cpat92 Said

Not like the country would do better if he did move there.

I disagree.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 20:03:48
@Leon Said

I disagree.

Personally I don’t see any politician who can improve the country. Even though it is slowly improving in some areas. Whether Trump stays in, or gets impeached, or whatever. We’re f***ed until we THE PEOPLE get our s*** together.

Not saying there aren’t any good politicians, but they can’t fix half the s*** the people as a whole f***ed up.

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 20:20:25
@Cpat92 Said

Personally I don’t see any politician who can improve the country. Even though it is slowly improving in some areas. Whether Trump stays in, or gets impeached, or whatever. We’re f***ed until we THE PEOPLE get our s*** together.

Not saying there aren’t any good politicians, but they can’t fix half the s*** the people as a whole f***ed up.

We can start by honoring our world allies rather than aggravating them at every turn, dropping out of treaties, ending trade agreements, imposing tariffs, and openly admiring dictators. We can start by not creating and increasing distrust and partisanship towards our law enforcement with constant attacks on the FBI, justice department, judges, and independent counsels. We can start by not creating further distrust in our leaders with 30 lies per day on average, according to fact checks. We can by not instigating fear and racial tension by scapegoating immigrants for our problems and calling white supremicists “good people”. We can start by not being the only country in the world to pull out of the Paris accord in what is the number one and most urgent issue facing us this century, by far.

Politicians in charge were not doing those things before Trump and still are not, except Trump. So, yes, it is worse under him. Note, this is not even addressing issues or getting anything done.

I just hope it’s not too late once he is out for us to repair and mend our trust in each other, our law enforcement, and our allies, all of which we need if we ever do want to accomplish things, such doing something about climate change before we all do indeed go to hell, literally.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#14New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 20:47:24
@Leon Said

We can start by honoring our world allies rather than aggravating them at every turn, dropping out of treaties, ending trade agreements, imposing tariffs, and openly admiring dictators. We can start by not creating and increasing distrust and partisanship towards our law enforcement with constant attacks on the FBI, justice department, judges, and independent counsels. We can start by not creating further distrust in our leaders with 30 lies per day on average, according to fact checks. We can by not instigating fear and racial tension by scapegoating immigrants for our problems and calling white supremicists “good people”. We can start by not being the only country in the world to pull out of the Paris accord in what is the number one and most urgent issue facing us this century, by far.

Politicians in charge were not doing those things before Trump and still are not, except Trump. So, yes, it is worse under him. Note, this is not even addressing issues or getting anything done.

I just hope it’s not too late once he is out for us to repair and mend our trust in each other, our law enforcement, and our allies of decades, and not too late for us to do something about climate change before we all do indeed go to hell, literally.

For some of things you stated like trust and distrust with law enforcement, you cannot blame trump for that. That’s all on us. Distrust was being built between us and law enforcement before Trump. That started long before. I will admit he did add to the tension, but I won’t give him complete blame for that.

If we really want him out, then we need to make sure we vote a MUCH MORE competent President. I still stand that I will support him as President because he is our commander in chief. There are better politicians out ther on both ends. I don’t believe it’s too late, but we need to take the first step and stop relying on the President to do it for us. The President can either start it, enforce it, or encourage the internal peace we desire.

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Nov 29, 2018 @ 20:55:08
@Cpat92 Said

For some of things you stated like trust and distrust with law enforcement, you cannot blame trump for that. That’s all on us. Distrust was being built between us and law enforcement before Trump. That started long before. I will admit he did add to the tension, but I won’t give him complete blame for that.

Isn’t it the job of a leader to help mend such ditstrust and discord rather than add fuel to the fire? It’s certainly not helping anything, what he is doing, and since he is the man in charge, he is making it worse since half the nation looks up to him in setting the example.

This alone disqualifies him as a true leader, in my opinion.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs