Forums:
Health & Fitness

What not to do if you break a finger/ nerve damage

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:21:42
The other day I broke my little finger; it was bandaged, not a big deal. Well little did I know how fast nerve damage can spread, now it really is. I've just come from the er because I now can't feel my little finger or my ring finger. Did you know how many nerves were in your hands, it's unbelievable? If you do something to your hands don't play around,or ask questions on a forum; get to the doctor or er. I paint and play a flute, this is a big deal. I don't want anybody else to have this happen to them. It's not just a finger.
lindasue1718 On January 13, 2010

San Antonio, Texas
#2New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:24:46
Thats really sad. Is it repairable?
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#3New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:25:40
@readsalot Said

The other day I broke my little finger; it was bandaged, not a big deal. Well little did I know how fast nerve damage can spread, now it really is. I've just come from the er because I now can't feel my little finger or my ring finger. Did you know how many nerves were in your hands, it's unbelievable? If you do something to your hands don't play around,or ask questions on a forum; get to the doctor or er. I paint and play a flute, this is a big deal. I don't want anybody else to have this happen to them. It's not just a finger.

It;'s not your fault that you used it. It should have been put in a metal spirit to prevent usage. I really feel sorry for you.

#4New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:26:35
Yes, it's repairable, but now instead of a little deal, it's a big deal.
lindasue1718 On January 13, 2010

San Antonio, Texas
#5New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:27:32
Well thats not a fun deal at all! Hope it gets better soon!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#6New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:30:03
@lindasue1718 Said

Thats really sad. Is it repairable?

Nerve damage can be operated on but they rarely do it because it's such a sensitive surgery that they can easily just nip the nerve next to it and there goes all feeling in your arm, back, legs or all... Very dangerous surgery. My doctor refused to send me for surgery for those reasons. He told me that one slip up and I could end up paralyzed... So yes!! It's very serious to have nerve damage or pinched nerves....
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#7New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:30:52
@readsalot Said

Yes, it's repairable, but now instead of a little deal, it's a big deal.

How are they going to repair yours???
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#8New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:34:21
@readsalot Said

yep it sucks when you're a musician and you get a injury on your hand. I used to be pretty darn good and ever since that injury I have plateaued and can't get any better.
If you break anything it is usually always a good idea to go to the E.R.

#9New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:35:05
@lilbear Said

How are they going to repair yours???

I don't have a clue, but my doc is one of the best. The two fingers are curling, so I have to wait and see. I'm not as demure as my picture, I'm really a bit of a tomboy.My husband calls me an accident waiting to happen.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#10New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:38:14
@JuanSmith Said

yep it sucks when you're a musician and you get a injury on your hand. I used to be pretty darn good and ever since that injury I have plateaued and can't get any better.
If you break anything it is usually always a good idea to go to the E.R.

Juan! She is not talking about playing the flute!
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#11New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:40:21
@readsalot Said

I don't have a clue, but my doc is one of the best. The two fingers are curling, so I have to wait and see. I'm not as demure as my picture, I'm really a bit of a tomboy.My husband calls me an accident waiting to happen.

They have to go in and repair the nerve damage. You're right it is a big deal now. Usally that happens when the nerve damanged by being cut or smashed. Since your young healty smart and pretty the operation will be a success. You probably won't even need therapy. Over the years I've had numerous sports injuries. Ultra good luck to you.
TrOoPeR On May 12, 2009

Deleted

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:41:34
Awwwwwwwww babe, thats awful, hope it heals quickly!
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#13New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:41:47
@Saegespaene Said

Juan! She is not talking about playing the flute!

I was talking more about the Injury
as HELLO GET IT TAKEN CARE OF ASAP because she won't be able to do things quite the same afterwards. I was just trying to relate to her by letting her know I too had broken/dislocated/almost completely severed fingers and it's no laughing matter. once the fingers or whatever is left starts curling . it hurts just that much more to try and fix it.
but she mentioned painting and playing flute and I too play a musical instrument and can't do it as well as before.

maybe I missed something. I'm really sick right now and my head is about to explode.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#14New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:42:14
Jazz --

I hope things turn out well for you!

[You, too, Juan!]

#15New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 22:49:42
I figured you didn't read the whole post. It's very tricky surgery. That's why I tell people, don't bring injuries to a forum, get to the er.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs