The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Science:
Sociology

What method would you use to research Domestic Abuse and why?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
gemmadogs On October 02, 2010

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 16:55:30
i am having greaet trouble in answering this question and actually picking the best research method when it comes to doing research on such a sensitive topic. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me at all and also would love to hear of your reasons, thanks so much x

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 20:53:59
Please please could someone help me would love to hear your views x
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 21:02:50
Perhaps if you explained why you want to do this research and what you wish to find out, people would be more able to help.
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 21:04:35
Google
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#5New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 21:38:22
Seek and destroy

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 21:57:44
I am quite new to sociology and am just getting to grips with all of the methods of research. Ito work out what method is best for doing when you want to research sensiive issues as you have to think about others feelings etc but Iknow which one to chiise.

#7New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 22:08:13
When you catch anyone abusing an animal or a little kid, string him up by the 'nads and make him chew his way down Just the fear of that punishment will make 'em think twice
Natural asshole

#8New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 22:20:20
@HiImDan Said

When you catch anyone abusing an animal or a little kid, string him up by the 'nads and make him chew his way down Just the fear of that punishment will make 'em think twice

that reminds me of something i read about slugs. slugs are hermaphrodites and while having "it" they entangle their bodies together and after doing "it" if they are stuck together and can't get loose one will either chew its own tackle off or its partners tackle off to free itself leaving you with a purely female slug and thats the only way that you will get a purely female slug
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#9New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 22:32:33
Stay away from my tackle.
Natural asshole

#10New Post! Oct 02, 2010 @ 22:36:23
@boxerdc Said

Stay away from my tackle.

its too good for me to do anything to
adam02 On October 30, 2010

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 11:13:22
I think such a topic is best kept to secondary research I think anyone would find it difficult to find people that are willing to express their experiences in interviews. You would be bringing up a lot of ethical issues as well.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#12New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 11:37:05
@gemmadogs Said

i am having greaet trouble in answering this question and actually picking the best research method when it comes to doing research on such a sensitive topic. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me at all and also would love to hear of your reasons, thanks so much x

A library would be a good start in the psychology section.

J.R.
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#13New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 13:01:36
@gemmadogs Said

I am quite new to sociology and am just getting to grips with all of the methods of research. Ito work out what method is best for doing when you want to research sensiive issues as you have to think about others feelings etc but Iknow which one to chiise.

The only true way to know about abuse is to either be abused or to be an abuser which is not an option.

Just go to the meetings or groups by permission if they let you and sit and listen to the abusers and abused talk and get a sense of everything.

You're on a very hard road as learning about Domestic Abuse varies with every abuser and abused. The reasons are endless for doing and letting people do it to you.

No book will come close to defining it as it really is. Life learned is the best knowledge you'll ever get and that comes from those that have been there, done that and remember, everyone has a different view on abuse, even every single abuser has their reasons and some don't even know why and the same goes for every abuse victim.

You will never understand the whole of this as it is very complicated with many different personalities involved.

Good Luck with your research because you will need it.
CannyMind On January 08, 2015

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 13:23:39
@HiImDan Said

Aye that's why jails the world over are chock full of rapists and child abusers.
It has been consistently shown, time after time that retrospective retributive "justice" is an utter failure.
The fear of future punishment acts in no way as a deterrent to the evil minded (for one thing, few expect/believe they will be caught.)

(Link for the OP: Social Research Methods. or you could try Googling "Research Methods in the Social Sciences", specifically "Research Methods in Sociology." )

#15New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 17:05:35
@CannyMind Said

Aye that's why jails the world over are chock full of rapists and child abusers.
It has been consistently shown, time after time that retrospective retributive "justice" is an utter failure.
The fear of future punishment acts in no way as a deterrent to the evil minded (for one thing, few expect/believe they will be caught.)

(Link for the OP: Social Research Methods. or you could try Googling "Research Methods in the Social Sciences", specifically "Research Methods in Sociology." )

Y'oughta invest in a sence of humor
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs