The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

What makes a good poster in your opinion ?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
blackdahliaxxx On March 30, 2012

Banned

birmingham Uk, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 20:29:21
I tend to gravitate towards the fun posters with a werd sense of humour personally.
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#2New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 20:31:34
The ability to not be a complete prat and to contribute to threads instead of detract from them.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 20:33:08
@KulliK357 Said

The ability to not be a complete prat and to contribute to threads instead of detract from them.

And not being a complete pervert helps.

Banned

#5New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 20:43:06
@HiImDan Said

Ditto. I read the religious/political threads and usually either post the truth about the Word of God and get a whole bunch of ignorant comments in return or just laugh and

The religious threads I rarely read basically because my dad started a church and I had to listen to lots of quotes from the bible, too many in fact.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:02:07
I'm all for the fun threads; or those who seek advice of some sort; or to share ideas. Those who share a bit of themselves with others, to give a glimpse of 'them', or their lives, to the rest; so one feels that they somewhat know that person.

I tend to steer clear of those who never tell a thing (god forbid ) about themself....it just makes me mistrust them.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:08:26
@sTreetAngeL Said

I'm all for the fun threads; or those who seek advice of some sort; or to share ideas. Those who share a bit of themselves with others, to give a glimpse of 'them', or their lives, to the rest; so one feels that they somewhat know that person.

I tend to steer clear of those who never tell a thing (god forbid ) about themself....it just makes me mistrust them.

People are different though, you can't expect everyone to feel comfortable in talking about themselves online. Some people come on here to vent so obviously post stuff about their life; others don't as much so they stay on the fun topics. I think it's up to each individual to decide how much to talk about online as people may not be comfortable in talking about themselves.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:10:05
I like those who can have some fun but are also capable of proper discussion.

People that don't post the same kinds of threads all the time. People that don't post images in every post. People who aren't perverts, like Steph said.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:12:31
I quite like odd posters. Like ones with communist propaganda or cult food stuffs from the 1950s.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#11New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:14:23
Band posters are pretty cool too.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#12New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:16:27
@sister_of_mercy Said

People are different though, you can't expect everyone to feel comfortable in talking about themselves online. Some people come on here to vent so obviously post stuff about their life; others don't as much so they stay on the fun topics. I think it's up to each individual to decide how much to talk about online as people may not be comfortable in talking about themselves.

No, no, I don't mean that kind of personal; I mean little things, such as an occasional mention of an animal, and it name (just an example) to give the feeling they are living and breathing, rather than just some robot on the other end..you know what I mean?

I don't see it often, admittedly, but when I have, it stands out.

Banned

#13New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:16:41
@x_Laura_x Said

I like those who can have some fun but are also capable of proper discussion.

People that don't post the same kinds of threads all the time. People that don't post images in every post. People who aren't perverts, like Steph said.

I get serious sometimes and give away personal details about family etc but sometimes you end up regretting doing that.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:17:25
@sTreetAngeL Said

No, no, I don't mean that kind of personal; I mean little things, such as an occasional mention of an animal, and it name (just an example) to give the feeling they are living and breathing, rather than just some robot on the other end..you know what I mean?

I don't see it often, admittedly, but when I have, it stands out.

Oh ok I get you. That makes sense I guess, it's always good to know you're not talking to a robot.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#15New Post! Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:18:22
Sticking with the one username and not constantly coming back to the site under a new moniker helps.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs