Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...8 9 10 · >>
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#16New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:04:53
@emlyn Said

Our personality is shape shifting.

Actors can do this really well

We can realize ourselves & animals cannot 8)

I think animals can realise themselves...I have 3 cats and they are far more than just "animals". Kelly is probably the most complex out of all of them...

But even so, we as humans are more complex, and we have more needs in this life.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#17New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:06:09
@emlyn Said

We can realize ourselves & animals cannot 8)

What do you mean by realizing ourselves?

Many animals are very much self aware.
cobra3 On April 17, 2009

Banned

Emporia, Kansas
#18New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:07:18
@emlyn Said

maybe animals need to be trained to Act different

Besides monkeys- Monkey see monkey do

Uh...you apparently did not follow my earlier post... we owe much of the higher aspects of our nature and culture from emulating the monkey in areas where they have been long worshipped. This is the area stretching from Asia into the Middle East and Africa that became the cradle of civilization. They are the brilliant ones, showing the way. We are the copy cats.
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:10:05
i think animals use there natural born instincts more than us..as humans we dont seem to use it as much...as well as i think we have a much more of an urge to be curious outside our initial circle .

this is a real hard question
karljkampovsky On May 13, 2009

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#20New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:14:33
@SparklyKatie Said

Self awareness

That is very evident and very true! All animals have body awareness,but humans have an higher form, self awareness of our selves as a distinct and questioning species,always exploring ourselves and where and why we are here! We often get wrong answers to those questions but we do try!
cobra3 On April 17, 2009

Banned

Emporia, Kansas
#21New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:15:54
@alexkidd Said

Personally I think it has to do with our ability to 'imagine' scenarios and find solutions to problems outside of trial and error, which animals rely on.

I would a l m o s t agree. But, then there is this recent case of the gorilla that gathers rocks all day long to toss at zoo visitors the following day. I think this demonstrates very clearly, imagining a future scenario, planning, and orneriness. We have to accept, in whatever case, that there are some of us who are relative monkey and some of them who are relative genius.
cobra3 On April 17, 2009

Banned

Emporia, Kansas
#22New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:20:22
@karljkampovsky Said

That is very evident and very true! All animals have body awareness,but humans have an higher form, self awareness of our selves as a distinct and questioning species,always exploring ourselves and where and why we are here! We often get wrong answers to those questions but we do try!

Wrong. That higher awareness is something we learned over many thousands of years emulating the shaman members of macaque tribes in areas that became the cradle of our own spiritual arise and where the macaque have been worshipped sense prehistory. You are just feeling all chauvinistic special about yourself, never having met a macaque shaman. We aint all that.
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#23New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:22:29
I agree that "we ain't all that".
cobra3 On April 17, 2009

Banned

Emporia, Kansas
#24New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:24:08
@Calypso Said

i think animals use there natural born instincts more than us..as humans we dont seem to use it as much...as well as i think we have a much more of an urge to be curious outside our initial circle .

this is a real hard question

Speak fer yerself, sweety. All depends on how close to the edge of the world one chooses to sail. Put it on the line...all of it...and them instincts will fire right up. Do it often enough and they will put any other species to shame. Man be the man...if we were just not so comfort oriented here in the west.
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:29:56
@cobra3 Said

Speak fer yerself, sweety. All depends on how close to the edge of the world one chooses to sail. Put it on the line...all of it...and them instincts will fire right up. Do it often enough and they will put any other species to shame. Man be the man...if we were just not so comfort oriented here in the west.

we dont have to use instincts as much as we did when we were primitive ....we dont have to hunt for our food it is right there on the supermarket shelf...i never said we didnt have it i merely said we dont use it in the same aspect as an animal would...this to me is what makes us different from them ..we have a choice to not use it they dont.

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#26New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:34:03
We are not only all that but we are the only species that has become a force of nature,changing the worlds ecology!
But not necesarily for the better!

Deleted

undisclosed location,
#27New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:37:19
@cobra3 Said

Wrong. That higher awareness is something we learned over many thousands of years emulating the shaman members of macaque tribes in areas that became the cradle of our own spiritual arise and where the macaque have been worshipped sense prehistory. You are just feeling all chauvinistic special about yourself, never having met a macaque shaman. We aint all that.

Is this going to be an argument?If so I choose not to participate!
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#28New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:37:23
I wonder what thoughts the crow in this video had?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWnAqXCUzLI
SonOfMike On November 28, 2009

Deleted

Dumpzville,
#29New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:38:24
our imperfection.
cobra3 On April 17, 2009

Banned

Emporia, Kansas
#30New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 13:38:52
@karljkampovsky Said

Is this going to be an argument?If so I choose not to participate!

I stated an historic fact. What would be the point in arguing with that?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs