AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10
emlyn On May 02, 2010

Deleted

, Ireland
#136New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 21:01:07
I think ur both annoying

cobra, u said that I'm "wasting" my life, even before u got to know me

jonnythan, u called me "crazy" for laughing at ur obviously hilarious profile pic
Dude its legend
emlyn On May 02, 2010

Deleted

, Ireland
#137New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 21:06:11
Now back to the topic

The beautiful thing about humans that makes us vastly different than animals is the 2 for 1 deal.

Me thinking about myself... u have two people there
U have the "Me" & the "I".
emlyn On May 02, 2010

Deleted

, Ireland
#138New Post! Apr 18, 2009 @ 03:02:52
......Infinite for 1 deal
"Me" talking to "myself" talking to "I" talking to "Emlyn"

"Me" We think we are the body.

"Myself" We think we are our Ego.

"Emlyn"- (A name & concept that we humans take so seriously we really think we're are name, it's a damn label which u can change... infact all u forumers have)

There are infinite more, believe me... Why do people get offended when someone damages "their" car... "their" money ect.. U identify "the self"...sry "ur" self, oh thats another to add to infinity & beyond getting somewhere

Then theres the "I" which is at the source of all the mess.
The "I" is an passive witness observing the mess
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#139New Post! May 07, 2009 @ 07:31:25
I think Karl said it best. Animals are smart, very smart, and if you observe them you will be surprised at their
cunning. But humans are more intelligent, and operate with logic and and are influenced by higher levels of emotions/feelings.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#140New Post! May 07, 2009 @ 07:47:02
@alexkidd Said

Do you believe there is an intrinsic property in humans that seperates them from animals?
A soul perhaps?

Is the difference between humans and 'animals' over some such unique ability or quality or is it simply a matter of degrees, us being much better but not that different?

Basically what do you think humans can do but animals cannot?
Animals can use tools, communicate with eachother, display emotion partake in complex social behaviour,many have equal and in some cases better memory.

(for clarification, i recognise that humans ARE animals, but you know what i mean)

Yes, there are many slight differences but one big one: humans understand and appreciate - and fear- their own mortality. I have read that animals do not understand the concept of their own limited life span. They know they need to eat and protect themselves from harm, but they don't realise their own bodies have an expiration date.
stoopedd On May 19, 2009

, California
#141New Post! May 19, 2009 @ 07:34:53
hmmm...

we are all made up of the same chemical properties as everything else in the world....things are always more the same than different.....in every difference you try to create, there will exist an X factor...or information that is left out

for example the above post can not be right...because I have seen a dog dream...and I have watched many people learn from trial and error....and my cat..did not learn to open my door through trial and error...he learned from example

I would be inclined to say that art and writing seperates us.....but I bet someone could find a flaw in that

because I once saw a primate draw a picture of a chair...this means that the primate understood symbolism..he knew that the drawing of the chair..represented a chair....Apes have learned sign languege..meaning....they attached a few movements of the hand..with a concept

when my cat watched me open the door...he knew that somehow hitting the handle made the door open, so he jumped toward the handle and hung from it to make the handle go downward...and the door would open

we like to say that when a dog sits on command..he does it because he is conditioned..this is true, but we are aslo conditioned...so what does that mean?
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013