Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#46New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 19:26:42
@DiscordTiger Said

I don't understand what is so f***ing awful about asking that people treat others respectufuly like decent human beings.

Nothing wrong with it. It's when misconceptions like this that will make something so simple a huge issue. Some of these issues can be found in women as well. It has nothing to do with masculinity, or femininity.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#47New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 19:59:08
@Cpat92 Said

Nothing wrong with it. It's when misconceptions like this that will make something so simple a huge issue. Some of these issues can be found in women as well. It has nothing to do with masculinity, or femininity.

That was in reference to everyone dogging on being PC.

all "pc culture" requires is treating all humans with basic respect and decency. But apparently many have a problem with that.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#48New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 20:16:17
@Cpat92 Said

Correct. ALL HUMANS have good and bad traits. Toxic masculinity doesn't relate to all humans, but mainly towards males. There is nothing wrong with suggesting someone should work on some things. As it was stated this is something created through a political agenda that was placed over science.

But you can’t address something with out narrowing down it into a specific issue with a specific population. It not all masculinity or all men, but a specific set of behaviors that need work. Why is pointing that out so awful?
Other problems get pointed out at different times, but if you don’t narrow things down nothing changes and you’re just yelling in the wind.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#49New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 20:37:56
For some odd reason many men seem insulted and threatened by the term 'Toxic Masculinity'.

The term is NOT about ALL men.

It is about the most extreme asstard men who think it appropriate and acceptable to treat others (women in particular) poorly by acting out "masculine" behaviors to their extreme.

Do some people (yes often they are "liberals" ) go too far in using and applying the term: Yes they do.

I am in no way insulted or threatened by the term. Why? Because I don't go around asking like I a pseudo-alpha man jackass.

PC... politically correct is the same... it is about not being a rude jerk and demeaning others.. it is about being courteous... polite... acting in public in a way that would not embarrass our grandmothers, mothers and daughters.

Do some people (yes often they are "liberals" ) take the concept too far: Yes they do.

Again, I am in no way insulted or threatened by the term PC. Why? Because I don't go around asking like I a rude jackass in public.

Note: Any and all 21st century Republican/Conservative Snowflake crybabies should feel free to disagree with me... boo hoo...
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#50New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 21:04:21
I have known/seen some women who would give the meanest SOB in the saloon comp when t comes to how they treat others. And that sort of female knows just how to get away with it. I've seen women who will pick a fight verbally then throw the first punch jump in swinging to the [pont that their 'victim' can only block and try to get away. But, when the bouncers get there the chick will turn on the tears while pointing at their victim . The guy has no chance and no one will listen to witnesses saying she started it. This happens quite often .
This trait is not a gender thing .
It's a bully thing.

I have seen men do this to women except the out come is different, when a woman victimizes a man , its the man that is beat up and bloody.
when a man victimizes a woman its the woman who is beat up and bloody.

Bully's pick on people who aren't going to fight back.

I think we need to stop listening to the bra burning extremists and the chauvinistic pigs extremists and teach our kids to be who they are.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#51New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 06:44:45
@DiscordTiger Said

But you can’t address something with out narrowing down it into a specific issue with a specific population. It not all masculinity or all men, but a specific set of behaviors that need work. Why is pointing that out so awful?
Other problems get pointed out at different times, but if you don’t narrow things down nothing changes and you’re just yelling in the wind.

Why point it out? We hate competition, but why? It's in every single sport. It's in every business. It's a part of human nature. Leaders had to compete with others in various ways in order to get to where they were/are. What people don't seem to understand, some of these "issues" doesn't belong solely to males. I still believe that this is putting political correctness over science.

@chaski Said

For some odd reason many men seem insulted and threatened by the term 'Toxic Masculinity'.

The term is NOT about ALL men.

It is about the most extreme asstard men who think it appropriate and acceptable to treat others (women in particular) poorly by acting out "masculine" behaviors to their extreme.

Do some people (yes often they are "liberals" ) go too far in using and applying the term: Yes they do.

I am in no way insulted or threatened by the term. Why? Because I don't go around asking like I a pseudo-alpha man jackass.

PC... politically correct is the same... it is about not being a rude jerk and demeaning others.. it is about being courteous... polite... acting in public in a way that would not embarrass our grandmothers, mothers and daughters.

Do some people (yes often they are "liberals" ) take the concept too far: Yes they do.

Again, I am in no way insulted or threatened by the term PC. Why? Because I don't go around asking like I a rude jackass in public.

Note: Any and all 21st century Republican/Conservative Snowflake crybabies should feel free to disagree with me... boo hoo...

While saying it's about the "asstard men" as many do (All those who agree). Many of these toxins from "traditional masculinity" is not solely in men. That being the case, these masculine toxins are also inside of women as well. In this world, we have bad people. They're spread across the planet. What also comes into question is the professionalism within these psychologists and/or psychiatrists who contributed in this.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#52New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 07:28:01
@Cpat92 Said

these masculine toxins are also inside of women as well. In this world, we have bad people.

Women (some women) have other non-masculine issues.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#53New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 11:49:17
@Cpat92 Said

Basically, many traits within "traditional masculinity" are now considered toxic masculinity.

I read no mention of toxic masculinity. What I read was that certain traditionally male traits can color the perceptions and thus the interactions between certain types of men and mental health workers. Thus it is a good idea to explore those traits and see how those mental health workers can work around or with those traits to better facilitate care.

, Hawaii
#54New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 11:52:40
@Cpat92 Said

This isn't an left, or right thing. This is an issue with members of the APA, society and a PC agenda.

As soon as we enter 'the PC agenda' into the discussion it becomes a political discussion. Just the same as economics, or health care, or any number of other topics.

, Hawaii
#55New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 12:18:20
@Cpat92 Said

Why point it out? We hate competition, but why? It's in every single sport. It's in every business. It's a part of human nature. Leaders had to compete with others in various ways in order to get to where they were/are. What people don't seem to understand, some of these "issues" doesn't belong solely to males. I still believe that this is putting political correctness over science.

All things in moderation. Competition is all fine and good, until it gets in the way of functionality. If the spirit of competition gets to the point where you are actively putting others in danger for your own benefit then it has become a problem that must be addressed. If the functionality of your organization is being torn apart because of rivalries that are affecting total production, then that is an issue very much worth addressing, regardless of the perceived merit of competition.

Quote:

While saying it's about the "asstard men" as many do (All those who agree). Many of these toxins from "traditional masculinity" is not solely in men. That being the case, these masculine toxins are also inside of women as well. In this world, we have bad people. They're spread across the planet. What also comes into question is the professionalism within these psychologists and/or psychiatrists who contributed in this.

Your point being what? Male and female pattern baldness are separated by sex, not because anyone's trying to imply that either men or women don't get bald, but because it manifests itself in different, distinct ways that also require special consideration when doing treatment. The same is true here. No one is implying that some women don't also exhibit some 'traditionally masculine traits' like aggression and competitiveness, but the underlying factors and triggers involved will typically be different from the same traits showing up in men and those differences must be taken into account when discussing treatment options.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#56New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 19:23:33
@Cpat92 Said

Basically what he said below:

@nooneinparticular Said

All things in moderation. Competition is all fine and good, until it gets in the way of functionality. If the spirit of competition gets to the point where you are actively putting others in danger for your own benefit then it has become a problem that must be addressed. If the functionality of your organization is being torn apart because of rivalries that are affecting total production, then that is an issue very much worth addressing, regardless of the perceived merit of competition.

Your point being what? Male and female pattern baldness are separated by sex, not because anyone's trying to imply that either men or women don't get bald, but because it manifests itself in different, distinct ways that also require special consideration when doing treatment. The same is true here. No one is implying that some women don't also exhibit some 'traditionally masculine traits' like aggression and competitiveness, but the underlying factors and triggers involved will typically be different from the same traits showing up in men and those differences must be taken into account when discussing treatment options.

But yeah, nothing is wrong with competition until it goes too far, or to use another term “becomes toxic”.
Nothing is wrong with most things until they go too far. It’s the toxic level that’s the problem, not the masculinity.

Masculinity is awesome, until individuals take a trait too far and that needs to be addressed by them.

Also by society to stop making excuses. You don’t get to be and asstard, to use chassis phrase just because your male. You need to be responsible for your own asstardness.

I think by pointing out what becomes toxic, it actually proves “not all men”. But yet the general rection to the phrase “toxic masculinity” tends to become a little irrational.

And yet apparently toxic irrationalness or hystericalness is supposed to be a female thing. That’s why we were kept from power, leadership, voting, working out side the home, and even being able to manage our own money and bodies for centuries.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#57New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 20:53:59
Sidebar:

@DiscordTiger Said

... You don’t get to be and asstard, to use chassis phrase just because your male.

Phone typing and auto-correct?

@DiscordTiger Said
But yet the general rection to the phrase “toxic masculinity” tends to become a little irrational.

Whew, that was close
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#58New Post! Feb 09, 2019 @ 23:31:03
@mrmhead Said

Sidebar:

Phone typing and auto-correct?

Whew, that was close

Lol. Yessss. Autocorrect combined with not reading close enough.

My phone refuses to learn chaski,
And totally should be reaction

Then there was that time I put, “sorry for the incontinence” instead of “sorry for the inconvenience”. Talk about a pissy situation.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#59New Post! Feb 10, 2019 @ 00:22:24
@DiscordTiger Said

Then there was that time I put, “sorry for the incontinence” instead of “sorry for the inconvenience”. Talk about a pissy situation.

"Cleanup in Aisle 5"
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#60New Post! Feb 11, 2019 @ 08:51:07
@nooneinparticular Said

Can you name any of these "treatment options?" There is no treatment. It's a guideline of how to raise boys into men within today's society.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs