The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Art & Literature:
Writing

What if you could say anything to anyone in a book that would shout it out loud?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
demaris On August 26, 2008

Fishers, Indiana
#1New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 03:05:50
How many of you would participate in a book project where you could write a letter to anyone and say anything, and have it published in a book? The content of the letters would be something you couldn't say face to face. I am actually compiling letters (only real, tangible letters, nothing from an email is eligible) to create a book called "Unposted Letters." The letters are scanned and printed exactly the way they appear when I recieve them, so it's like peeking into someone secret drawer and discovering what it is that they wish they could say, but simply can't. The subject matter is open...nothing is off limits. I can't put a link to the website because I'm new, but if you add "net" to the end of the title of the book (I mention it up there) you could check it out and tell me what you think....thanks....DeMaris
thelocaone On September 10, 2009

Pensacola, Florida
#2New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 03:08:36
@demaris Said
How many of you would participate in a book project where you could write a letter to anyone and say anything, and have it published in a book? The content of the letters would be something you couldn't say face to face. I am actually compiling letters (only real, tangible letters, nothing from an email is eligible) to create a book called "Unposted Letters." The letters are scanned and printed exactly the way they appear when I recieve them, so it's like peeking into someone secret drawer and discovering what it is that they wish they could say, but simply can't. The subject matter is open...nothing is off limits. I can't put a link to the website because I'm new, but if you add "net" to the end of the title of the book (I mention it up there) you could check it out and tell me what you think....thanks....DeMaris

That's a nice idea but what about all the crazy ex's I think it would be full of ex bashing..lol
onlyonewoman On October 10, 2008

Deleted

Perth, Australia
#3New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 03:08:39
That's a very interesting concept - I will look into it for sure
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#4New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 03:08:49
Here\'s the link for you
demaris On August 26, 2008

Fishers, Indiana
#5New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 03:21:06
I am hoping that I'll get so many letters that I can pick and choose the ones that would be moving, genuine and most interesting. I don't doubt there will be plenty of ex-bashing, but I hope to get a lot of unique responses...I think there are millions of people out there who would love to be able to purge their hurt, shame, longing, regrets, etc...but keep it to themselves...maybe they don't have anyone who will listen or understand, or empathize. Maybe people aren't able to speak their mind because they need to keep the peace......I've been there plenty of times....
jlhharmon On October 19, 2008

Athens, Georgia
#6New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 14:56:13
That is a really clever idea. I imagine most of them will have some bad language in it. But, that is just being real and could turn out to be very successful.
zaratite On September 05, 2008

, Ireland
#7New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 00:48:34
great idea
jazzsinger On October 15, 2008

Deleted

Phila. suburbs, Pennsylvania
#8New Post! Sep 17, 2008 @ 02:16:11
I just joined last night, but as an on again off again writer, I love the idea. There's an old boss of mine who was the absolute worst,and he was the school principal. I had so much to say and I kept it inside. He was my boss. Can you handle a twenty page letter? Only good thing about the whole thing, he got fired, so I wasn't alone in the way that I felt.Wish that I had thought of your idea it's great.
ayanexlovextoeat On September 17, 2008

SHAWNEE, Kansas
#9New Post! Sep 17, 2008 @ 04:18:05
@demaris Said

i would say "I JUST WANT TO HUG YOU,"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs