The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Q & A

What if you could change history? Would you change it or leave it as is?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#1New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 11:47:49
Where do you think and how different would your life be if a certain event/s hadnt happened?

A certain event/s that changed your life?

Whether it (the event/s) was good or bad or something simple or serious.

Can you imagine how different your life would have been if it hadnt happen

Would you if you could go back and change your history or leave it as it is?
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 11:58:14
That is a good question. Sure there has been bad s*** happen in my life. But even the real bad stuff, has helped me, as its our mistakes that we learn from, more so than our successes.

Sure, if I could take what I know now and go back, I would jump at the chance.

But if I were to go back, and to go back to what limited knowledge I posessed in the past, I would probably make the same mistakes again.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 16:21:51
I would buy gold
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#4New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 17:21:34
Of course people can think of things they would love to change in there lives.

For me, I wish I lived somewhere else growing up and would have stopped myself as a child to cause my medical condition. But when you really think about it, if I didn't live in the same place I wouldn't have had the experiences I've had (which have helped make me who I am) and I would be a way different person. Same goes with my medical condition, who know's if it would have surfaced without my intervention as a child? Who's to say if you would meet the people you were meant to meet or have a different medical outcome if you change one or more aspects of history? Changing history could make your life worse, maybe you would die earlier in life or something even worse would happen? That's why I'm glad we aren't able to go back and change anything.

So although it's tempting, I wouldn't change anything. I don't think humans were meant to go back in time and change things cause I think we would probably screw everything up.
sparkley On January 29, 2014

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 17:33:08
@drummerwannabe Said

Of course people can think of things they would love to change in there lives.

For me, I wish I lived somewhere else growing up and would have stopped myself as a child to cause my medical condition. But when you really think about it, if I didn't live in the same place I wouldn't have had the experiences I've had (which have helped make me who I am) and I would be a way different person. Same goes with my medical condition, who know's if would have surfaced without my intervention as a child? Who's to say if you would meet the people you were meant to meet or have a different medical outcome if you change one or more aspects of history? Changing history could make your life worse, maybe you would die earlier in life or something even worse would happen? That's why I'm glad we aren't able to go back and change anything.

So although it's tempting, I wouldn't change anything. I don't think humans were meant to go back in time and change things cause I think we would probably screw everything up.

I agree with you, why change history? It led up to you!
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#6New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 17:53:30
Changing one thing could lead to disastrous results or a blissful life. You could never know. If I could, I would change everything about myself. I think I wasted too much time on fruitless endeavors. I would love more, and take more time to enjoy the beautiful things and people life has to offer.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 17:58:28
No changes. I do have regrets but can't tell if I wouldn't make those same mistakes.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 18:00:55
I would not like to change anything but it is tempting, there are a few movies I would not go and see. Ishtar springs to mind.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 18:01:17
@Erimitus Said

I would buy gold

Wouldn't we all
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#10New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 19:55:45
i would go back in time, and meet curly from the three stooges, and get a picture of me and him together and get his autograph!!!
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Aug 31, 2013 @ 21:05:32
Are you meaning global history like the coming of Hitler or do you mean my personal history?

Like my current motto below (taken from the game "The Line" but concerning a military assault and not 'Life' ) I would have been much more recluse and never ran towards the world idiotically with passionate, motivated, heart and arms stretched wide.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#12New Post! Sep 01, 2013 @ 01:17:49
No.

...well maybe I should have started staking @floydgirrl and @DiscordTiger sooner... but other that... no... nothing to change.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#13New Post! Sep 01, 2013 @ 02:01:46
I would not necessarily change things, but I would like the chance to talk to my younger self and tell myself to do a few things differently, and not to worry so much... and give up anger earlier... and tell myself that "too much sex, drugs and rock'n'roll" is a meaningless phrase.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#15New Post! Sep 01, 2013 @ 02:44:13
Wow got 2 points taken off for saying the word "sex". As if sex is some bad word.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs