The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

What exactly are you looking for? Another job, or freedom, and peace of mind???

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Vanyj On August 15, 2009

Boynton beach, Florida
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2009 @ 05:41:32
A lot of people talk about being able to stay home and make money. That is great, but do you know what it is you are looking for? Are you looking for another job (at home), or you're looking for a business opportunity where you get the freedom you are longing for.

Most people mention they want to be able to be with their kids, participate in their daily activities, and not having to send them to day care. This is great. I applaud you for wanting to be a part of your children's lives and not having something take care of them. But think about it. Getting a job at home won't give you that freedom. If it does, you won't have the money that you need to take care of your family.

On the other hand, if you decide to start your own home business, you get the freedom, the money, and everything else that comes with it. You are your own boss, so you make the decisions on how you want to run your business.

It took me a while to realize it, but thankfully, I was given the great opportunity to get started with my own business at quite a young age. I am grateful!

So before looking for something to do at home, take some time to think about it, and to find out if you want another job, or the freedom that comes with owning your own home based business

What do you want: another job, or freedom???
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 14, 2009 @ 07:20:04
I personally do not see an own business as freedom. For a lot of people it means not taking holidays and going without things to keep the business financed.

Reality is that many businesses run at a loss for the first few years before they ever start to make a profit.

It takes a lot of cajones to start off on your own and you have to be bloody determined and lucky to make it work.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Aug 14, 2009 @ 07:22:35
@Vanyj Said

A lot of people talk about being able to stay home and make money. That is great, but do you know what it is you are looking for? Are you looking for another job (at home), or you're looking for a business opportunity where you get the freedom you are longing for.

Most people mention they want to be able to be with their kids, participate in their daily activities, and not having to send them to day care. This is great. I applaud you for wanting to be a part of your children's lives and not having something take care of them. But think about it. Getting a job at home won't give you that freedom. If it does, you won't have the money that you need to take care of your family.

On the other hand, if you decide to start your own home business, you get the freedom, the money, and everything else that comes with it. You are your own boss, so you make the decisions on how you want to run your business.

It took me a while to realize it, but thankfully, I was given the great opportunity to get started with my own business at quite a young age. I am grateful!

So before looking for something to do at home, take some time to think about it, and to find out if you want another job, or the freedom that comes with owning your own home based business

I don't care for none of that. I simply want to live a decent life without being overtly molested by trivial matters... sort of like I'm doing now.
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#4New Post! Aug 14, 2009 @ 12:42:33
I just want a 2nd job and to win the lottory just for the money.
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Aug 14, 2009 @ 13:38:40
I'm looking for that dream job that I can be happy to wake up to everyday.
Vanyj On August 15, 2009

Boynton beach, Florida
#6New Post! Aug 14, 2009 @ 15:37:20
@treebee Said

I personally do not see an own business as freedom. For a lot of people it means not taking holidays and going without things to keep the business financed.

Reality is that many businesses run at a loss for the first few years before they ever start to make a profit.

It takes a lot of cajones to start off on your own and you have to be bloody determined and lucky to make it work.

I respect your opinion. Business is not for everyone. Some people were made to always have a job, some were born with an entrepreneur mind. However you see it is yours.

I agree with you, starting your own business is a hassle, but you have to keep in mind that your first year, you are planting seeds. These seeds won't grow right away, you have to take care of them. Later on, you'll se the results of you hard work. The money will come, the vacations will come.

Also what I was saying is before you go, and start looking for something to do at home, think about what exactly what it is you're looking for. If you're running away from a job, and you end up getting another job, where is the difference?

There are a lot of great business opportunities out there that don't require much time, also don't require a lot of money. You just have to know where to look.
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#7New Post! Aug 19, 2009 @ 04:59:32
btw, I put in 4 applications for a second job. Shoud I tell my current employer right away or wait till I actually get an interview b4 speaking up? Because u kno, prospective employers will do employment verification and my current employer might be caught off guard.
Teammanna On August 25, 2009

Fullerton, California
#8New Post! Aug 20, 2009 @ 08:23:36
Talking of home businesses, I started mine to earn extra. This MLM business has become my main business. As for peace of mind I never had it while working nor do I have it now but there is less pressure on me now as I am earning much more. I did not begin this business to be at home with the kids but do spend a lot of time with them.
It is possible if I had a good job to start with I would never have been in this line of work.
erwin_nirvana On November 08, 2012

Montreal, Canada
#9New Post! Nov 08, 2012 @ 01:38:04
I am working in a home business..It is called Neucopia. Basically are you tired of working 9-5 or want to make extra income or want help help in financial freedom. Well I got the answer for you you can join Neucopia it is a global company, 100% commission + residual income. My sponsor Aron made $5k in his 4th month of Neucopia. These people are on the Neucopia dream team and this is the amount of money they are making in the company. I have a excellent team that can help you..It is even an affiliate marketing products that we can help you out. If you are more interested in the products just message me and I will be able to discuss with you more opportunities in the company.

JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#10New Post! Nov 08, 2012 @ 04:49:11
@Vanyj Said

I believe that I have the best job right now. Part time, plenty of tips, meeting people, listening to music while I drive, and working with a really nice manager. It's not really a job, it's a place to have fun while getting paid for it.

J.R.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#11New Post! Nov 22, 2012 @ 04:37:05
I'm looking for a husband? Whachoo you looking for?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs