The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What does the Republican Party stand for?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18 19 20 ...38 39 40 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#256New Post! Jun 25, 2021 @ 16:39:20
@Sweet_Merry Said

That's the difference between free range and penned livestock - you don't have to feed free range all year long, if at all.

Sounds good to me.

However, I suspect I am correct in that crops raised for livestock are included in your graph on the left rather than the right, deceivingly bolstering the argument that the agriculture industry as it is today uses more energy than the livestock industry.

But your solution is a good one. That is, if that could be applied on a industry-wide scale.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#257New Post! Jun 25, 2021 @ 16:41:56
@Sweet_Merry Said

https://realclimatescience.com/2019/11/why-climate-science-peer-review-is-worthless/

And to follow up on this, I emailed Gavin Schmidt, the NASA climatologist mentioned in the article, for his response to the accusations in the article.

Here is his response:

“The details of the history of the GISTEMP product are available here:

https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/history/

“including the impact of changes in methodology, input data etc.

“If you dig into what Tony Heller does there is a lot of glossing over why things might legitimately change over time, some deliberate confusion of sources (GISTEMP has not used USHCN for more than a decade), lots of conflation of local and global means, and a stubborn reluctance to ever acknowledge that all of the data and code (for GISTEMP, for the NOAA NCEI homogenization etc.) is publicly available and the result replicable by anyone. If there was any truth to his accusations it would be visible there.”

- Gavin

In summary, two things stand out:

1. Data sources have understandably grown more accurate over the years of research, hence the apparent disrepancy.
2. The data is public, and anyone can replicate and see it for themselves.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#258New Post! Jun 25, 2021 @ 17:41:57
@Leon Said

And to follow up on this, I emailed Gavin Schmidt, the NASA climatologist mentioned in the article, for his response to the accusations in the article.

Here is his response:

“The details of the history of the GISTEMP product are available here:

https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/history/

“including the impact of changes in methodology, input data etc.

“If you dig into what Tony Heller does there is a lot of glossing over why things might legitimately change over time, some deliberate confusion of sources (GISTEMP has not used USHCN for more than a decade), lots of conflation of local and global means, and a stubborn reluctance to ever acknowledge that all of the data and code (for GISTEMP, for the NOAA NCEI homogenization etc.) is publicly available and the result replicable by anyone. If there was any truth to his accusations it would be visible there.”

- Gavin

In summary, two things stand out:

1. Data sources have understandably grown more accurate over the years of research, hence the apparent disrepancy.
2. The data is public, and anyone can replicate and see it for themselves.

Also got a reply from Dr. James Hansen, the other scientist mentioned in the article. He wrote a paper, found here that illustrates how data sources have increased in its accuracy over the decades, which is NOT akin to altering data, also noting in his email that:

“None of our data are original with us. Our analysis uses three data sources. Satellite measurements over the ocean, global weather stations provided via NOAA, and Antarctic data recorded at research stations. Deniers look for any minor, temporary problem and only report those problems of one sign -- they are not legitimate, careful scientists.”
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#260New Post! Jun 26, 2021 @ 00:30:43
@Na Said

Mr. Trump.

Just to be clear, when you say “Mr Trump” you are referring to Donald J the draft dodging coward Trump… right?

Nothing to do with racism, just trying to clarify which “Mr Trump” you are referring to.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#261New Post! Jun 27, 2021 @ 16:34:50
I can imagine that many GOP will be onboard with what DJT said recently.

He's now on Rumble which is an alternative to Youtube.

The rally was well attended.

The video is 2 hours and 21 minutes AND

48 seconds long.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#262New Post! Jun 27, 2021 @ 17:29:04
@Na Said

I can imagine that many GOP will be onboard with what DJT said recently.

Yup

Gov. Mike DeWine, Lt. Gov. Jon Husted, and Sen. Rob Portman are all skipping Trump’s rally in Wellington, Ohio, for various reasons, the Columbus Dispatch reported and Forbes confirmed.

DeWine, who after the January 6 Capitol riot said Trump had “started a fire” that “threatened to burn down our democracy,” will not attend because of a family commitment, while Husted has not clarified why he will not be there.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#263New Post! Jun 29, 2021 @ 07:01:26
What does the Republican Party stand for?

It's the difference between MLKJr (GOP) and CRT (DEM).

CRT is bean-counting and separating people by how they look.

MLK was about promoting character (non-violence, dialog).

Florida Governor DeSantis recently banned CRT from being taught in public schools.

Thanks again to Leon for asking the very important question!

Cheers and lets keep this going!!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#264New Post! Jun 30, 2021 @ 05:34:28
MLK Jr > “I don’t think the Republican Party is a party full of the almighty God, nor is the Democratic Party. They both have weaknesses. And I’m not inextricably bound to either party.”

No doubt he was "against" the "Southern Democrats"...

Of course MLK Jr voted against Goldwater and for Kennedy & Johnson... one might say he "walked away" from the GOP.

Claiming MLK Jr as a member or representative of the GOP, especially the 21st Century GOP is not at all realistic.

4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#265New Post! Jun 30, 2021 @ 06:54:11
@chaski Said

Claiming MLK Jr as a member or representative of the GOP, especially the 21st Century GOP is not at all realistic.

That's a good point. The GOP of the last 4 decades doesn't resemble the GOP of the 60's either.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#266New Post! Jun 30, 2021 @ 09:49:28
@4d4m Said

That's a good point. The GOP of the last 4 decades doesn't resemble the GOP of the 60's either.

And the Democrat party hasn't changed at all.

#DoAsISayNotAsIDo
#SnakeOilForSuckers
#FlamingCrossesThenAngryRainbowsNow
#LowInformationVotes

NE, Ohio
#267New Post! Jun 30, 2021 @ 12:09:02
@Na Said

And the Democrat party hasn't changed at all.

#DoAsISayNotAsIDo
#SnakeOilForSuckers
#FlamingCrossesThenAngryRainbowsNow
#LowInformationVotes

What about ...
What about ...
Watabowt ...
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#268New Post! Jun 30, 2021 @ 12:59:16
You have heard it said "love your neighbor and hate your enemy"

but I tell you, love your enemies . . . .

and by that I mean convince them by better living that my way is better

#DoNotBeDrunkWithWine

#PayWife'sFatherGoats

#WarAgainstIslamists

#StopBeingDegenerateAndMakeBabies

Once they are absorbed, all enemies become one of us.
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#269New Post! Jul 02, 2021 @ 11:51:00
Jordan Peterson (not a politician, not a spokesperson from the GOP) was on a discussion panel some time back:

Moderator "If a young person believes that the climate .. the global warming problem on the climate is something that needs to be tackled quickly and they can't wait until they grow up and become Prime Ministers to do it; do you think collective responsibility overrides individual responsibility in a huge issue like that?"

Jordan Peterson "No (ok) I don't, I think that generally, people have things that are more within their personal purview, that are more difficult to deal with and that they are avoiding. And that generally, the way they avoid them is by adopting pseudo moralistic stances on large scale social issues, so that they look good to their friends and their neighbors, that's what it looks like."

Biden (not my president thanks) gives each undereducated, entitled, pink-haired Child of God the justification to run riot with the knowledge that "yeah- my relationship with my parents has disintegrated and I have no marketable skills and I "peacefully protest" with only a small amount of collateral damage ---but I believe the man when he says we're facing an existential threat with man-made Climate Change."

I promise you that none of these precious souls have ever been spanked, do not make their beds in the morning, and don't know the meaning of the words "sir" or "ma'am."

[img]

NE, Ohio
#270New Post! Jul 02, 2021 @ 12:02:40
@Na Said

Moderator do you think collective responsibility overrides individual responsibility in a huge issue like that?"

Jordan Peterson "No (ok) I don't,

The GOP needs to change their moniker to FUME:

F.U. " ME " party

The left demonstrates to change the system.
The right just counters and just says f.u. it doesn't better ME.

f u keep ME in office
f u keep ME in power
f u keep ME employed
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18 19 20 ...38 39 40 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs