The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What does the Republican Party stand for?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 15 16 ...38 39 40 · >>
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#196New Post! Jun 23, 2021 @ 23:43:46
@Na Said

DeSantis wins again.

He's banning Critical Race Theory.

He's mandating students learn the evils of communism.

Are CRT and Communism some how related?

One is a theory (right or wrong) regarding race, while the other is a political system... the connection seems tenuous.

PS
I am not per se against DeSantis... I moved out of Florida about 4 years ago, so their political are their politics... no skin off my back as it were.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#197New Post! Jun 23, 2021 @ 23:46:19
@Na Said

When that little girl Gretta wags her finger at those 'merrycans and bemoans "how dare you!"...

Interesting how much value and fear (and ultimately power) conservatives give to little girls.

Does AOC also scare you?
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#198New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 00:47:28
@Na Said

All you have to do is compare the efforts the US has made toward environmental cleanup with other major countries (India, China, Russia).

So because other countries are not playing ball then we should be reckless as well?

Being whiney over fairness won’t solve the world’s problems. Somebody has to be the adult here for a change.

@Na Said

When that little girl Gretta wags her finger at those 'merrycans and bemoans "how dare you!", it could be very gratifying to a certain stripe, just not helpful.

...talking about behaving like a child.

@Na Said
But, the United states (according to the words of all previous US presidents) has been and ought to be committed to clean water and clean air. To me that's good enough.

Cleaning the air and water isn’t remotely relevant to the climate change crisis, and doing so won’t resolve it. Solving one environmental issue doesn’t inherently solve the other.

@Na Said

You think you can fight climate change, but that's like fighting the earth's rotation around the sun. It's not a crisis and there's no benefit to stirring hysteria for something which isn't unjust. It's just something that may or may not happen.

What may or may not happen? Climate change? It’s already been happening, and for some time.

Look I understand that, in the age of rampant social media, it’s hard for one group to get their heads out of the asses when it’s been enjoying it for so long, but there was a time when science was believed in and adhered to regardless of politics or political influence (think 60s, when we put men on the moon). But in the age of Q-Anon and the Big Lie, that time is sadly gone. So I know trying to explain to you how CO2 contributes to global warming and how the massive additional amount of CO2 that humans have been pumping into the sky since the Industrial Age began have altered charts will all just be hopelessly filtered in your brain so I won’t.

Just know that you are woefully scientifically ignorant and wrong on this. And, believe me, I’m being 100% impartial in stating this.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#199New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 02:22:38
I'd know. I'm sure each person has their own ideology on it. I'm independent.
One day. . . I will

#200New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 02:29:44
@Leon Said

So because other countries are not playing ball then we should be reckless as well?

Being whiney over fairness won’t solve the world’s problems. Somebody has to be the adult here for a change.

...talking about behaving like a child.

Cleaning the air and water isn’t remotely relevant to the climate change crisis, and doing so won’t resolve it. Solving one environmental issue doesn’t inherently solve the other.

What may or may not happen? Climate change? It’s already been happening, and for some time.

Look I understand that, in the age of rampant social media, it’s hard for one group to get their heads out of the asses when it’s been enjoying it for so long, but there was a time when science was believed in and adhered to regardless of politics or political influence (think 60s, when we put men on the moon). But in the age of Q-Anon and the Big Lie, that time is sadly gone. So I know trying to explain to you how CO2 contributes to global warming and how the massive additional amount of CO2 that humans have been pumping into the sky since the Industrial Age began have altered charts will all just be hopelessly filtered in your brain so I won’t.

Just know that you are woefully scientifically ignorant and wrong on this. And, believe me, I’m being 100% impartial in stating this.

Hi
What is this Science that was adhered to and believed in? Did they ALL believe in the same thing and adhered to it?
You know that isn't true. There are groups of Scientist who all disagree of parts and section on each others views on All parts of Science.

That time, was it when they thought the world was going to freeze or when they said the earth is flat?

Come now, it's not Q-anon and social media who are saying Science is wrong. They're backed by Big Business to push for the Climate Agenda.
The people who make money pushing for the BIG climate regulations are the ones who will make money on it.
Kerry lives on the Coast. If he was worried about the sea rising, I'm think he would live in the mountains.

I do not believe everything "Scientists" say and then change their minds from one day to the next. If there is ever a one Scientist view, then I'll never listen to them again. Science is about Always questioning.

*I'm not saying people shouldn't be as responsible as they can to the environment but there are a lot of Government Control with which I do not agree.

San Diego, California
#201New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 03:29:17
@Sweet_Merry Said

Hi
What is this Science that was adhered to and believed in? Did they ALL believe in the same thing and adhered to it?
You know that isn't true. There are groups of Scientist who all disagree of parts and section on each others views on All parts of Science.

That time, was it when they thought the world was going to freeze or when they said the earth is flat?

Come now, it's not Q-anon and social media who are saying Science is wrong. They're backed by Big Business to push for the Climate Agenda.
The people who make money pushing for the BIG climate regulations are the ones who will make money on it.
Kerry lives on the Coast. If he was worried about the sea rising, I'm think he would live in the mountains.

I do not believe everything "Scientists" say and then change their minds from one day to the next. If there is ever a one Scientist view, then I'll never listen to them again. Science is about Always questioning.

*I'm not saying people shouldn't be as responsible as they can to the environment but there are a lot of Government Control with which I do not agree.

Hello MAGA,

Problem today is people, especially in your circles, will pick and choose who they will listen to, rather than acknowledge that the ones who have actually done all the extensive research and have studied everything there is on the subject (otherwise known as the experts) probably know more on the subject and ought to be referred to instead. But, no, Instead people choose to believe they are somehow smarter than these experts.

Personally, when 97% of the world’s climate scientists conclude from their research that man’s CO2 contribution is warming the planet, and have backed it all with evidence presented in countless peer-reviewed publications, then why on earth would I instead choose to listen to the 3% fringe? Why would anyone?

We know why people do, though, don’t we?

It is the same reason the GOP is the only political party in the world that does. It’s the same reason people listen to the Big Lie. It is because they don’t like what experts say: It goes against their world view, their religion, their belief system, and their circles. And, indeed, those circles are a hundred times more stronger than they were before this century, thanks to social media.

You bring up the flat earth theory. This is a perfect example of this. Galileo, a scientist, who dared to look into a telescope objectively absent an a priori belief system, shook up that belief system and was persecuted by the church as a result, being put under house arrest for the remainder of his life.

And of course, that isn’t all that is done. You people need to come up with conspiracy theories to excuse irrational belief and make it rational in your own mind. Your stated big business, collusion, election fraud, pedophile rings, and so on.

I choose to look at facts, data, and science. Of course we should always question. But we should also be able to receive the answers when they are given.
One day. . . I will

#202New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 03:32:52
Nevermind.Nevermind.

*And NO, 97% of Scientist do not agree about climate change.
C02 feeds the plants and algae in the world. which produces Oxygen. The biggest contributor to climate is water vapor. Which we need.

San Diego, California
#203New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 03:56:39
@Sweet_Merry Said

C02 feeds the plants and algae in the world. which produces Oxygen. The biggest contributor to climate is water vapor. Which we need.

Quit pretending to be an expert on this. You are looking silly.

Instead read from those who actually are. It’s painfully obvious here that you’ll learn a heck of a lot by doing so.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#204New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 04:26:38
@Sweet_Merry Said

I'm independent.

No you're not.

One day. . . I will

#205New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 04:31:01
@Leon Said

Hello MAGA,

Problem today is people, especially in your circles, will pick and choose who they will listen to, rather than acknowledge that the ones who have actually done all the extensive research and have studied everything there is on the subject (otherwise known as the experts) probably know more on the subject and ought to be referred to instead. But, no, Instead people choose to believe they are somehow smarter than these experts.

Personally, when 97% of the world’s climate scientists conclude from their research that man’s CO2 contribution is warming the planet, and have backed it all with evidence presented in countless peer-reviewed publications, then why on earth would I instead choose to listen to the 3% fringe? Why would anyone?

We know why people do, though, don’t we?

It is the same reason the GOP is the only political party in the world that does. It’s the same reason people listen to the Big Lie. It is because they don’t like what experts say: It goes against their world view, their religion, their belief system, and their circles. And, indeed, those circles are a hundred times more stronger than they were before this century, thanks to social media.

You bring up the flat earth theory. This is a perfect example of this. Galileo, a scientist, who dared to look into a telescope objectively absent an a priori belief system, shook up that belief system and was persecuted by the church as a result, being put under house arrest for the remainder of his life.

And of course, that isn’t all that is done. You people need to come up with conspiracy theories to excuse irrational belief and make it rational in your own mind. Your stated big business, collusion, election fraud, pedophile rings, and so on.

I choose to look at facts, data, and science. Of course we should always question. But we should also be able to receive the answers when they are given.

@Leon Said

Quit pretending to be an expert on this. You are looking silly.

Instead read from those who actually are. It’s painfully obvious here that you’ll learn a heck of a lot by doing so.

I never said I was an expert. I do know something.
Okay, there's a consensus that the climate has changed but not one where Man is the main cause nor A cause of the change.

I believe I read that it's a very low number of climate scientist which believe Man is the Main cause of climate change.

The Earth goes through different cycles. It wobbles and circles in ways which effect the weather. Solar flares... I'm running though my old knowledge.

I don't take an experts word for things.
One day. . . I will

#206New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 04:32:17
@chaski Said

No you're not.

Now, now. Don't call me a liar, too. I'm not registered as a Republican and I have voted Democrat several times. :P

San Diego, California
#207New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 04:32:24
@chaski Said

No you're not.

WOW, I was just going to post this same exact response! No kidding.

Indeed, no she isn’t.

Everybody is an independent in their own mind.

But in actuality, we are all f***ing sheep mindlessly roaming in huge herds, ready to plunge ourselves over the cliff if someone tells us to.

Her avatar should be the giveaway on that in her case.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#208New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 04:36:18
@Sweet_Merry Said

Now, now. Don't call me a liar, too. I'm not registered as a Republican and I have voted Democrat several times. :P

You are a Trumpet... maybe a Foxet... regardless of "registration" statue you are clearly not "independent".

As to calling you a liar... you like to put that sort of thing on me (as you do with the "hate" thing) but that is on you not me.
One day. . . I will

#209New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 04:42:15
@chaski Said

You are a Trumpet... maybe a Foxet... regardless of "registration" statue you are clearly not "independent".

As to calling you a liar... you like to put that sort of thing on me (as you do with the "hate" thing) but that is on you not me.

I do support President Trump.
I don't know what a foxet is so I'll not do it.

No. You call me names and that's from hate. I will not take your feelings of name calling as my fault.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#210New Post! Jun 24, 2021 @ 04:43:00
@Leon Said

WOW, I was just going to post this same exact response! No kidding.

Indeed, no she isn’t.

Everybody is an independent in their own mind.

But in actuality, we are all f***ing sheep mindlessly roaming in huge herds, ready to plunge ourselves over the cliff if someone tells us to.

Her avatar should be the giveaway on that in her case.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we are all "sheep", but over all your post is on the mark.

I do think that some people are (mostly) independent... though these people are very few indeed.

I regularly call myself a 'Reagan era Republican', which now in the 21st Century makes me a leftist liberal... so I am clearly not a "Democrat", not a "21st Century Republican", not a "Trumpet"... but a claim of being "independent" would be a falsehood.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 15 16 ...38 39 40 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs