What do you think?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#1New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:07:12
Been making some fascinators/alicebands as a hobby, my friend reckons I should be selling them.

I just wanted to see what people thought?

The last 2 pics are piss easy to make, just a matter of glueing applique in place, the first 2 were much more time consuming.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:10:47
Wow, good work. They're very pretty

I'm sure people would buy them if you put them up on Etsy or something.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:11:10
Love the 2nd and last ones.
steve70 On March 20, 2021

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:12:44
i`m sure my gf would want to buy them or a least learn how to make them
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:12:51
Those look awesome!

I like the flower ones.
Cocksocket.

#6New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:13:42
@sister_of_mercy Said

Wow, good work. They're very pretty

I'm sure people would buy them if you put them up on Etsy or something.

Is Etsy an american online store?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:16:43
Now is the time to sell them, they are hot fashion!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:19:21
@hallucinogenic_lipstick Said

I'm not entirely sure to be honest but I know that a lot of people from the UK sell things they've made on there. I'm assuming it's an American site but has a UK version.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#10New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:26:28

It's a online handmade market. I think its global.

At least it addresses the problem, something is handmade and there for needs to be a little more costly than something done for cheep in china with bulk supplies and worker paid an abysmal wage.

that's my issue with selling crafts. I love making them, but supplies are costly and well, if I spend time working on it to sell, I expect to be paid for my time. Like I can make custom clothing, but I can never compete price wise with walmart, or even some of the department stores, and it's not that I am a slow sewer or want much more than minimum wage.

My mom makes (large) quilts that just the supplies can run about $100. not to mention the time, she worked on it. People want to "buy" them. but not pay more than $75. It's not worth it at that point, she loses money. So she just makes them as gifts, or to give to me as I'm the only daughter.

At least on esty, their average shopper realizes handmade stuff is a little more expensive, so they don't seem to complain too much or those that tend to complain don't shop there one of the two.

Maybe its different in the UK, or there are places that appreciate the market, like Etsy.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#11New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:27:29
there good get selling

and send me the monies
Cocksocket.

#12New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:36:57
@DiscordTiger Said

At least it addresses the problem, something is handmade and there for needs to be a little more costly than something done for cheep in china with bulk supplies and worker paid an abysmal wage.

that's my issue with selling crafts. I love making them, but supplies are costly and well, if I spend time working on it to sell, I expect to be paid for my time. Like I can make custom clothing, but I can never compete price wise with walmart, or even some of the department stores, and it's not that I am a slow sewer or want much more than minimum wage.

My mom makes (large) quilts that just the supplies can run about $100. not to mention the time, she worked on it. People want to "buy" them. but not pay more than $75. It's not worth it at that point, she loses money. So she just makes them as gifts, or to give to me as I'm the only daughter.

At least on esty, their average shopper realizes handmade stuff is a little more expensive, so they don't seem to complain too much or those that tend to complain don't shop there one of the two.

Maybe its different in the UK, or there are places that appreciate the market, like Etsy.

Craft supplies are ridiculously expensive, I ended up buying those appliques in china and getting them shipped because it was so much cheaper.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, something to think about
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#13New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 20:42:33

Craft supplies are ridiculously expensive, I ended up buying those appliques in china and getting them shipped because it was so much cheaper.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, something to think about

oooohh, yeah if you can get a good deal on supplies, that might make it worth while.
They look awesome, so its just a matter of finding the right market. Good luck!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#14New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 21:41:49
I really like the flower ones.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#15New Post! Jul 10, 2011 @ 21:47:57
@DiscordTiger Said

I know. I managed to sell a couple of my baskets at a craft fair last year and there is no way I got my moneys worth. One sold for $55 but between the materials and the TIME, it probably cost me $180 to make.

But no one will spend that much. Luckily, I only made the baskets for fun and the selling them was just a bonus, but there is no way that I would be able to make a living off of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs