Random

What do you need?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Dec 29, 2019 @ 01:32:22
So... not that long ago I "needed" the biggest house I could afford... the best car I could afford... and stuff... dust collectors... etc...

A big house with a pool, yard, security system, music systems, cable TV, high speed Internet, fine clothing, etc... etc...

I am now living in a "tiny house"... late 1800's vintage... something like 700 square feet (if that)... I still have a few suite and guayaberas... my vinyl collection...

I like very good brandy and rum, rot gut sour mash whiskey, and expensive tequila...

My jeans are still Levi's. My hiking boots are... well you don't need a commercial plug here..

My point is that in the past I "needed" more... now I "need" less... less is more...

What about you?

(No judgement here... just asking...)
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Dec 29, 2019 @ 02:48:55
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#3New Post! Dec 29, 2019 @ 10:30:40
I need a roof over my head, an acoustic guitar (to stave of insanity... or at least, to not go completely insane). I need music and bourbon for the same reason. A few mates, a job (although I'd like to work a lot less than I do now). A car - don't care what, as long as it works reliably enough. My fishing gear - gotta have that because sometimes an animal needs to die for my pleasure.

That's about it, really.

I'd like to have a yak for those cold, lonely winter nights, but that's not really a need. I have blankets.
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Dec 29, 2019 @ 14:20:36
what I need to call time & temperature and recording stop tell me, " this is recording, I still won't go out with you. i'm lonely, not desperate. it is: the time is 12:00pm and it is 54, you loser! "
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Dec 29, 2019 @ 15:57:28
I agree with the less is more mantra.

I knew I would never be over the hump of "More is More".

A bigger house, bigger yard, bigger fancy car, more stuff - all takes even More time and/or money to maintain.
I'd need a house cleaning service, a landscape service. Do you know how much tires for an SUV are compared to what I'v got on my Chevy s***box!?!!
A new roof or AC/Heating repair/replacement would be no drop in the bucket.
Though I may have been able to stretch and struggle to Buy a McMansion - maintenance, taxes, (and time) would have buried me.

A roof, a little privacy, dependable transportation, and for leisure, trumpet, keyboard, internet...
... and my red stapler.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 02:09:30
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I need a roof over my head, an acoustic guitar (to stave of insanity... or at least, to not go completely insane). I need music and bourbon for the same reason. A few mates, a job (although I'd like to work a lot less than I do now). A car - don't care what, as long as it works reliably enough. My fishing gear - gotta have that because sometimes an animal needs to die for my pleasure.

That's about it, really.

I'd like to have a yak for those cold, lonely winter nights, but that's not really a need. I have blankets.

I need a roof over my head... Yes.

An acoustic guitar (to stave of insanity... or at least, to not go completely insane)... I'm learning that point

I need music... NEED MUSIC!

bourbon for the same reason... Well vodka, gin, rum, tequila... and good brandy.

A few mates... Meh... LOL... Yes.

a job... I'm retired.

My fishing gear... camera equipment.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs