The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

What about the positive side of cheating?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
valinntess On September 02, 2008

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:27:34
I started to talk with a girl yesterday that told me that her relationship with her husband is better because she sleeps with other people every now and then. Her reasoning was that we all get urges and get bored with the same person sexually after a while (and I guess this has been proven scientifically...I'm a newbie so I can post a link, but google the Coolidge Effect), but the emotional bond she has can't ever be replaced. So, my question to the good forum is what are your opinions on the matter...can cheating be positive in this way? Are there any positives that come from cheating?
SpoOny On November 26, 2017
Crazy Cat Lady

Moo-Box, Finland
#3New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:32:32
IMO, cheating has no positive sides
A cheater shouldn't be in a relationship with someone (unless they're swingers, which might be seen as giving yourself and your partner permission to cheat)
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#4New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:32:44
Hiv,is a positive that you wouldn't want.
wilf1408 On September 01, 2009

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:33:04
But does her husband know she sleeps with others? If he doesn't then I doubt her relationship will be better when he does find out.
valinntess On September 02, 2008

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
#7New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:34:03
I totally agree, but I don't think anyone who cheats goes into a relationship planning to. Well, on second thought, I'm sure there are some people like that...but I guess what I'm saying is we never know what we're going to do unless we are in that situation. Some people just never know, and still value other things above the sex.
desperadO On May 04, 2009

Deleted

prisoner, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:35:04
no way
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:35:07
@valinntess Said
I started to talk with a girl yesterday that told me that her relationship with her husband is better because she sleeps with other people every now and then. Her reasoning was that we all get urges and get bored with the same person sexually after a while (and I guess this has been proven scientifically...I'm a newbie so I can post a link, but google the Coolidge Effect), but the emotional bond she has can't ever be replaced. So, my question to the good forum is what are your opinions on the matter...can cheating be positive in this way? Are there any positives that come from cheating?

Her relationship is not better because she cheats.

She's rationalizing.

Remember, kids. It's not an "open relationship" if one doesn't know the other is f***ing other people.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#10New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:35:16
If somebody is stupid enough to stay in such a empty relationship, then more power to ya.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#11New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:35:19
I've seen many many relationships that have gotten better when it became an open relationship.
Both partners appreciated each other much more. Less fighting. More love making. I think if both partners are comfortable enough with it, then it can have a very positive affect on the relationship.

edit: side note- When it's secretly cheating... It's a load of s***. She feels guilty so is able to handle things better. Less b****ing on her part means less b****ing on the husbands part. Which creates a fake 'better' relationship.
desperadO On May 04, 2009

Deleted

prisoner, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:36:16
flirting yeah,sexy sexy no
BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#13New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:37:21
NO positives can come out of cheating..

let's take the meaning of the word cheat:

To beguile.
To practice fraud or trickery; as, to cheat at cards.
One who cheats or deceives; an impostor; a deceiver; a cheater.
The obtaining of property from another by an intentional active distortion of the truth.
A troublesome grass, growing as a weed in grain fields; -- called also chess. See Chess.
Wheat, or bread made from wheat.
An act of deception or fraud; that which is the means of fraud or deception; a fraud; a trick; imposition; imposture.
To deceive and defraud; to impose upon; to trick; to swindle.

ok so from the definition..the only good "cheat" seems to be wheat or bread...if you can find any "good" in the rest of the meaning I am all ears..but to cheat is not good, it creates trust issues, you degrade the meaning of the love you ae supposed to hae with said person you are cheating on, not to mention the possibilty of spreading sexualy transmitted diseases..
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#14New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:37:36
Cheating hurts everyone involved in the situtaion even the cheater I think to some extent because the cheater is pulled between both parties and the one being cheated on is in the dark and the one being cheated on is always playing second fiddle.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#15New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 13:43:24
@valinntess Said
I totally agree, but I don't think anyone who cheats goes into a relationship planning to. Well, on second thought, I'm sure there are some people like that...but I guess what I'm saying is we never know what we're going to do unless we are in that situation. Some people just never know, and still value other things above the sex.

Yes we DO know. You do not accidentally have sex outside of your marriage. It happens because you choose to...each moment leading up to the infidelity is a decision.

And no rule is universal. There are people who are monogamous their entire marriage and still have deep desire for one another. Many say it has intensified over the years.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs