Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#1New Post! Mar 20, 2013 @ 22:28:34
https://impruvism.com/simple-weight-loss/

"Born in 1897, Shpagin was drafted into the Russian Army at age 17 to fight the Germans in World War Ⅰ. After the war ended, he became a weapons designer for the Red Army.
He wasn’t very good.
Shpagin designed guns like a desperate dieter tries to lose weight. He made complicated and elaborate designs, hoping to create the next great gun. You probably know someone who takes a similar approach to weight loss — fad diets, supplements, and complex exercise plans in hopes of finding a magic formula that will make the pounds melt off.
For fifteen years, none of Shpagin’s work was noticed or mass produced. He failed, just as many dieters do.
After this dry spell, however, he changed his approach and created some of the most well known and effective weapons in the history of the world, several of which are still used today.
The secret? He changed his philosophy of weapon design — the same philosophy you should use to lose weight."
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Mar 20, 2013 @ 22:47:11
I think a lot of people fear it will take up too much time and would require an elaborate effort when most times it only takes walking a lot and moderating how much and what you eat.

Different metabolisms for different people as well. For instance instead of four medium sized meals each day, some might get by eating small healthy snacks at twelve different intervals throughout the day.

Motivation-wise it's all a matter of perception. Exercise happens if you don't plan or consider it and just do it like you're taking your daily crap.

In some instance, IMO, I think minor lipo suction would help those who have built up a really hard fat plate. I think getting that fat plate out would speed up burning away the loose the fat. Recent technology has brought in ultra sound guns to break down that plate without surgery.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#3New Post! Mar 21, 2013 @ 06:55:31
Ok, you're never allowed to make fun of my analogies ever again.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#4New Post! Mar 21, 2013 @ 16:28:39
Holy cow! I'm a comment reader and that person, Razwell, reminds me of someone who used to post here.

It strikes me as odd that all this guy said was basically what Jon always says (ultimately, weight loss is from calorie deficit) and all these people are calling him (the author) a shyster and calling his method a fad. Then after calling this a fad, they suggest going on Atkins or the South Beach diet. WTH?

Now I think I'm going to go research Shpagin and see if he was ever successful at producing weapons.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Mar 21, 2013 @ 16:31:55
I'm more interested in the specifics of the gun he designed than this attempt at an analogy to weight loss.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#6New Post! Mar 21, 2013 @ 17:12:01
@Leon Said

I'm more interested in the specifics of the gun he designed than this attempt at an analogy to weight loss.

Me too. I wanna know what his most well-known gun was.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Mar 21, 2013 @ 17:29:32
He designed the PPSh-41, which should be familiar to pretty much anyone who played any of the 10 million WWII-themed games that have come out in the past decade. He also made the DShK machine gun.

He is the "Sh" in the name.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#8New Post! Mar 21, 2013 @ 17:40:32
@jonnythan Said

He designed the PPSh-41, which should be familiar to pretty much anyone who played any of the 10 million WWII-themed games that have come out in the past decade. He also made the DShK machine gun.

He is the "Sh" in the name.

I love it. "Don't you know who I am?! I'm Georgy Shpagin. I put the "Sh" in DShK!!! "
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#9New Post! Mar 21, 2013 @ 17:42:44
Wouldn't it be ironic if someone used one of his guns to lose all of their weight?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs