US Election 2012

What President Obama said regarding "you didn't build that"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#46New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 18:05:36
Warm, toasty fuzzies everywhere! I can FEEL the love!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#47New Post! Jul 31, 2012 @ 22:50:30
@paramour Said

Warm, toasty fuzzies everywhere! I can FEEL the love!

Nah, that's just belly lint!
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#48New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 03:16:28
@shinobinoz Said

Obama did a better job of staying positive (not a whole lot better, but better) than did McCain in 2008.
The amount of negative ads have leaped exponentially since Citizens United ruling and the take off (take over) of air waves by the PAC's and you don't see ANY connection to why the campaigns are responding this way?

I don't see why you think Obama and Romney are too helpless to determine what their own commercials are like. Just because they're acting like children doesn't mean they actually ARE children. They have the ability to decide things on their own. Or do you not realize putting "I'm Barrack Obama/Mitt Romney and I approve this message" into the commercials means they are absolutely responsible for what the commercials say?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#49New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 03:19:29
@crazylikeafox Said

I don't see why you think Obama and Romney are too helpless to determine what their own commercials are like. Just because they're acting like children doesn't mean they actually ARE children. They have the ability to decide things on their own. Or do you not realize putting "I'm Barrack Obama/Mitt Romney and I approve this message" into the commercials means they are absolutely responsible for what the commercials say?

Once it started it will not be put back in the bottle until after the election. The PACs set that up early. Woulda shoulda coulda!
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#50New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 05:12:54
@shinobinoz Said

Once it started it will not be put back in the bottle until after the election. The PACs set that up early. Woulda shoulda coulda!

The PACs are separate from the candidates, that's my whole point. I hold all of them directly responsible for the horrendously aggrivating nightmare that is this campaign year. The PACs, Obama, Romney, the people Romney beat, everyone that uttered a single negative thing because they think you and I are too stupid to respond to anything else. I just wish we would prove them wrong for once.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#51New Post! Aug 08, 2012 @ 16:49:55
@crazylikeafox Said

The PACs are separate from the candidates, that's my whole point. I hold all of them directly responsible for the horrendously aggrivating nightmare that is this campaign year. The PACs, Obama, Romney, the people Romney beat, everyone that uttered a single negative thing because they think you and I are too stupid to respond to anything else. I just wish we would prove them wrong for once.

I do too. Reversing the Citizens United ruling is about the only big step I can see in getting us closer to that. At least I hope the candidates would better better able to refrain from negative campaigning if special interests were more limited and transparent.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs