What Do You Think of Suicide?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#16New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:16:06
@futilevoice Said

That's true, but there are many things that make life worth living too. Committing suicide just means you have not found a constructive way to deal with stress and unhappiness. We all feel sad sometimes but it goes away in time if we don't dwell on the negatives.

Find something to focus on that makes you happy.

I guess I'm weak.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#17New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:17:14
@carelt1985 Said

So I won't be hurt or be allowing to others, no more. Besides, my momma would get $400,000.

Your friggin joking aren't you??you'd seriously give up your life so your mother can get $400,000,wow talk about having priorities
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#18New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:17:26
@carelt1985 Said

Believe me, most people don't give a s*** about me.

That's exactly what most people who want to commit suicide believe but it's far from the truth.
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#19New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:19:04
@rosexthorn Said

That's exactly what most people who want to commit suicide believe but it's far from the truth.

Seriously, they don't.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#20New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:21:18
@carelt1985 Said

Most people are wrapped up in their own lives, but so are you. That is perfectly natural. What you may need is to do is care about and love yourself first. Also please see a therapist.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#21New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:25:25
@carelt1985 Said

So I won't be hurt or be allowing to others, no more. Besides, my momma would get $400,000.

Your mother would rather have you than $400,000 I promise. If not, then she isn't worth or deserving of the $400,000. There are other ways to stop being hurt by others. Assertiveness seems incredibly hard to muster for a person who is easily used by others, but it is not such a difficult skill to learn, and I have faith that you have the capacity to learn that skill and also faith that it will change your life to learn that skill. Perhaps you could give it a try by discussing it with a professional who can help you learn it, and if it doesn't work for you in say 6mos or a year, then suicide is still an option at that time.

Jackson, Missouri
#22New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:27:16
@carelt1985 Said

Sometimes, I think my life would be better if I didn't have one.

In other words, you are not keen on dying, you just don't want to continue living the life you are living. Your life is over if you commit suicide. If you go through with it, you miss out on the opportunity to learn how to live happier.

Jackson, Missouri
#23New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 01:31:21
@carelt1985 Said

there are 6billion people on the face of the earth. There is not one single thing, person, or idea that "most" of them do care about. However, you don't need "most" people to give a s*** about you. You need "one" person to give a s*** about you. Is there one person you can think of that gives a s*** about you.

Oh, and for the record, life insurance usually has a suicide exclusion. If you commit suicide, your mother will still be broke, she will need to pay for a funeral she apparently can't afford, and she will have to do so without the support of her daughter.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#24New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 11:12:58
@carelt1985 Said

Trust me, she needs the money.

To add to that. If you killed yourself, NO ONE would get the 400K. Life insurance companies WILL NOT pay up if the policy holder committed suicide. So in the end, you will leave your mother heart-broken and no better off financially then she already is.

Someone with mental clarity, DOES NOT think, attempt or plan a suicide.

You think people don't care about you? Don't love you? Wouldn't be hurt if you killed yourself? BULLs***!

Suicide is a VERY selfish thing. You are only thinking of yourself and don't give a rats a** what will happen to those left behind. Someone that is mentally stable, does not think that way.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#25New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 11:26:12
@Dark_Tink Said

To add to that. If you killed yourself, NO ONE would get the 400K. Life insurance companies WILL NOT pay up if the policy holder committed suicide. So in the end, you will leave your mother heart-broken and no better off financially then she already is.

Someone with mental clarity, DOES NOT think, attempt or plan a suicide.

You think people don't care about you? Don't love you? Wouldn't be hurt if you killed yourself? BULLs***!

Suicide is a VERY selfish thing. You are only thinking of yourself and don't give a rats a** what will happen to those left behind. Someone that is mentally stable, does not think that way.

This post is the best so far. Thank you, Dark. I was suicidal several times in life, but it had more to do with my addiction(s) and not being in my right mind. Clinical depression is VERY REAL....the suggestions on here to seek professional help RIGHT AWAY are excellent. This kind of talk isn't a joke, even on a forum where most things seem to become jokes.....
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#26New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 12:03:00
@carelt1985 Said

Seriously, they don't.

Very few people ever really gave a damn about me and only one person does now.

I've actually known more people trying to yank out the rug from under me.

I went through severe depression for sixth months and it went away. Reality disassociation set in afterwards - I was no longer discontent and heartbroken but I was still paranoid.

I learned to accept some things and move on.

I carry on for two reasons now:

1. Is to be there for the one and only person who cares about me.

and

2. I hope that there really is an afterlife and revelation and that every one who has ever known me, even in the slightest, get full knowledge and understanding of what this life was like for me.

After everyone truly knows me and see that I toughed it out to the end despite - Then and there is when I plan to end my existence permanently.

The only advice that I can offer is to not passionately, deeply or romantically invest yourself with anyone or this existence - Yet ride out this existence to show it and yourself that you can.

Knowing ultimately that you don't have to be after all is said and done.

I personally feel that life shouldn't be like this and we should have more people we can trust.

But trust me when I say that it isn't you, the few of us, like yourself, who once cared just never had a whole lot to work with.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#27New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 12:22:46
@carelt1985 Said

Then you are surrounding yourself with the wrong people. I think honestly, and this may not even be conscious on your part, that the reason you are posting these things here is because you know this: that if the people in your life are s***ty to you it's because they are the wrong people to be around you. If you weren't wanting help, you wouldn't be asking anyone about this. And that's a good thing. It's good that you're talking about it instead of keeping it hidden, but listen to the answers you get.

I think thoughts of suicide, ranging from fleeting moments to full blown plans on how to do it and everything in between, are much more common than people are willing to admit and that a lot of people who seem perfectly balanced and happy have at least one time had thoughts about it. But those who have those thoughts regularly and don't talk to others about them are the ones who are farther past hope and have a much more difficult time recovering than those who do talk about them.

I agree with Sparklegirl about seeing someone with experience in depression and anxiety and talking these things out with him or her. A professional therapist or psychologist can give you a lot of insight into things you may not even realize are going on with yourself and help you get onto a healthier track. I've been there, and it's worked for me. And there's no shame in it.

Best of luck to you.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 12:23:15
@carelt1985 Said

I guess I'm weak.

The fact that you're still breathing tells me something a little different.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#29New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 12:25:45
@alk1975 Said

there are 6billion people on the face of the earth. There is not one single thing, person, or idea that "most" of them do care about. However, you don't need "most" people to give a s*** about you. You need "one" person to give a s*** about you. Is there one person you can think of that gives a s*** about you.

I'll continue that thought and say that if there really isn't one person you can think of that gives a s*** about you, there are some pretty available ways to find at least one who does.

Even this site...I've found some very close friends here who really care about me, and vice versa.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Jun 08, 2012 @ 12:26:48
@Electric_Banana Said

Very few people ever really gave a damn about me and only one person does now.

I've actually known more people trying to yank out the rug from under me.

I went through severe depression for sixth months and it went away. Reality disassociation set in afterwards - I was no longer discontent and heartbroken but I was still paranoid.

I learned to accept some things and move on.

I carry on for two reasons now:

1. Is to be there for the one and only person who cares about me.

and

2. I hope that there really is an afterlife and revelation and that every one who has ever known me, even in the slightest, get full knowledge and understanding of what this life was like for me.

After everyone truly knows me and see that I toughed it out to the end despite - Then and there is when I plan to end my existence permanently.

The only advice that I can offer is to not passionately, deeply or romantically invest yourself with anyone or this existence - Yet ride out this existence to show it and yourself that you can.

Knowing ultimately that you don't have to be after all is said and done.

I personally feel that life shouldn't be like this and we should have more people we can trust.

But trust me when I say that it isn't you, the few of us, like yourself, who once cared just never had a whole lot to work with.

We annoy each other sometimes, Electric, but I'm glad you're still around.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs