Forums:
Relationships

What Can Make My Blood Boil.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
booneylust On September 30, 2012

Suffolk, Virginia
#1New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:07:24
How hard can it be for a 50 year old male to make amends with his estranged son??? Is it that hard to say "My fault, I'm sorry." Being a missing father all of my childhood, my father has the audacity 25 years later to be bitter towards me.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:10:07
@booneylust Said

How hard can it be for a 50 year old male to make amends with his estranged son??? Is it that hard to say "My fault, I'm sorry." Being a missing father all of my childhood, my father has the audacity 25 years later to be bitter towards me.

Men can be like that. no offense. My dad is the same. It could be anything - pride, denial, projection. That's the reason I can never really bring myself to confront my own dad. I get the feeling he'd try to push it onto me and I'm terrified of losing him.

If it's any consolation, I'd happily kick some sense into him. He'd also never be able to reproduce again but never mind that.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:13:24
I've only seen my bio dad once since I was a year and half years old. I think I was nine. Some people just don't care about their offspring.

Suffolk, Virginia
#4New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:13:40
@crazychica Said

Men can be like that. no offense. My dad is the same. It could be anything - pride, denial, projection. That's the reason I can never really bring myself to confront my own dad. I get the feeling he'd try to push it onto me and I'm terrified of losing him.

If it's any consolation, I'd happily kick some sense into him. He'd also never be able to reproduce again but never mind that.

After reuniting, all it took was one arguement and He once more bans me from his life forever.....
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:16:35
@booneylust Said

After reuniting, all it took was one arguement and He once more bans me from his life forever.....

Then he doesn't deserve you. You've survived without him this long. You'll get over it. Your illusions of him might have been shattered but you'll be fine soon. You'll be stronger for it. You don't need him.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:16:58
@booneylust Said

You're better off without him. I know the pain you're feeling.

Suffolk, Virginia
#7New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:17:03
@plebian_angel Said

I've only seen my bio dad once since I was a year and half years old. I think I was nine. Some people just don't care about their offspring.

After looking my father in the face as a man for the first time, all I saw was physical similarity. Me and my father are two different people. He represents everything evil and I represent everything good.
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 22:27:09
You get that feeling ab out some people don't you? That they just deny all compassion because of a twisted belief system, or just a lack of feeling.

You could see this in another way? That you now know that it was probably better you didn't have to deal with him as a child because you may hate him more and have such inner conflict or you could have ended up like him
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#9New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 23:17:37
@booneylust Said

I would guess that your father actually does feel very badly about what has happened. So guilty in fact that he finds it painful to talk about, or even see you. I know how unfair that seems.

Have you ever told him how hurt you were? Have you told him that you want a relationship with him? You should tell him both these things. Do you know why he was not around? You don't have to share that with us but understandsing why he behaved the way he did may help you to be less angry.

It sounds like despite it all you do want a relationship with him. That will need a fresh start & a clean slate - for both of you. You need to hear 'I'm sorry." whereas what he probably needs to here is "I forgive you."

Suffolk, Virginia
#10New Post! Jun 13, 2009 @ 01:00:12
Granted, there are alot of mysteries about my life as surely there are about every other human being on the face of this planet. The mystery about my unworthy father bothers me in ways I cannot express. It bothers me I never knew him. It bothers me that he is unexplainably evil. There is so much more inside my soul that twists and churns. So much more I do not understand. So much more for which I cannot find the mortal words to express.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs