Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#31New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 17:58:47
@someone_else Said

This will be super embarrassing, but you should go somewhere to get fitted for a bra. I can't remember the best places to do it, but more upscale stores would have someone who knows how. Most likely, the people in Fredricks of Hollywood and Victoria's Secret have trained people. Places like Macy's might, too.

Lane Bryant always fits me whenever I go in. they even come into teh dressing room if I'm not quite sure I have the correct fit.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#32New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 17:59:06
@someone_else Said

I don't think it costs anything. The fitting room attendant should do it for free.

Oh, SWEET!

Momma lied then! She said it costs a fortune!

Good to know!
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#33New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 17:59:26
@Grasshopper Said

Hmmm... If I get enough money, I might actually do that. Thanks.

Because I'm like, constantly shifting it.

Yeah sounds like you have the wrong size.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#34New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:06:02
I'm pretty sure you should be wearing the bras for your size. Too big and your boobs sag.

Too small and they're smooshed together and while the may stay upright, your shirts look weird.

There are plenty of pretty bras for bigger women. Lane Bryant which is a clothing store for big women have super pretty bras. That's where my friend goes for her bras.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#35New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:07:36
Problem I have is the straps. Most adjustable straps stop being adjustable after a certain level and it sucks.

Because cup is perfect but the straps are too big. I hate it!
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#36New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:09:33
@boobagins Said

Problem I have is the straps. Most adjustable straps stop being adjustable after a certain level and it sucks.

After I started talking to Maxi I lost a bunch of weight and couldn't afford new bras. I had just gotten a bunch of new ones right before we started talking. I was using safety pins to hold the straps up at one point Then finally the band was just too big and I had to give in and get new ones
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#37New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:12:34
@plebian_angel Said

After I started talking to Maxi I lost a bunch of weight and couldn't afford new bras. I had just gotten a bunch of new ones right before we started talking. I was using safety pins to hold the straps up at one point Then finally the band was just too big and I had to give in and get new ones

but even the new ones...I find it hard to find the ones that are adjustable the full length.

AND ITS A STUPID CONSPIRACY. WHY are bra's so expensive? I mean WE NEED them...and just to buy one good bra, you're paying like 17 dollars. It pisses me off.

I mean buying five bra's and it puts you in the hole. Where are the feminists when we need them.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#38New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:14:04
@boobagins Said

but even the new ones...I find it hard to find the ones that are adjustable the full length.

AND ITS A STUPID CONSPIRACY. WHY are bra's so expensive? I mean WE NEED them...and just to buy one good bra, you're paying like 17 dollars. It pisses me off.

I mean buying five bra's and it puts you in the hole. Where are the feminists when we need them.

I agree!! I try to hit LB at their buy 2, get 2 free sale!!! Otherwise they are expensive, but damn only ones I can wear.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#39New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 18:22:22
@boobagins Said

Get this.

Strap Perfect - As seen on TV
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#40New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 21:12:36
FREDERICKS OF HOLLYWOOD!

That's the place to go for almost any size bra imaginable, with super adjustable straps, and they are all super sexy. Go there, go there, go there... did I mention go there?
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#41New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 21:16:29
@magically_delicious Said

FREDERICKS OF HOLLYWOOD!

That's the place to go for almost any size bra imaginable, with super adjustable straps, and they are all super sexy. Go there, go there, go there... did I mention go there?

I wonder if there's one in MD. If so, I'll definitely go.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#42New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 21:52:01
@Grasshopper Said

How can you tell if they're too small?

Go in for a fitting, but part of what they are going to check is:
Like the middle part need to be against your breast bone. If you have enough room to shove lipstick, your keys, cell phone, your wallet and who know what else in there the cups are too small. The goal is to lift and separate. Also the side of the wire needs to be around where your arm is, but not under your arm, that it pokes.
Another sign is the dreaded quadraboob. which is where the b*** over flows the top of the cup and the cup digs in enough to make a line, and it looks like you have 4 boobs not 2.

The trick is to find the cup that fits first then adjust fit with the size of band. Of course, like Kristy said, sometimes you are limited by what the store carries. Underwires, are the easiest to fit, but not always what people want, though in most cases the right fit in an underwire will be comfortable.

cup sizes have a relationship with the band, that is a little confusing unless you see it on a chart. but it goes like this:
32f = 34e = 36D= 38c= 40B= 42A All those sizes have the exact same cup, the difference is the ratio of how much the b*** sticks out from the torso, extra weight plays a role in this. 42A stick out about an inch, 36d stick out about 4. The 36d girl looks like she has bigger boobs, but as far as breast tissue alone, it is the same, its about proportion.

so if you need a 36e (DD) and the store does not have one, try a 38D, the cup will be the next size bigger. the band might be too big, but it helps in fitting to find the right size cup first, (and you might have to resort to mail order or specialty stores) once you find the right size cup you can adjust the rest.

If you do have to resort to mail order try to stay within a brand, sizes tend to run truer in brand, especially the more pricier ones, but damn its sucks when your bras are $32 or more a pop. Though I have gotten one that was obviously labeled wrong, so it is harder. And styles within a brand may vary, that you have to shift along the line of the same size cups. if there is any padding (or mimizing) going on that will change things a little too.

My grand mother had humongous boobs, she wore a 44dd, I suspect she needed a 38H (or an even higher letter) but just made due. Especially in her 80s, she was not that "big" of a woman overall. But meh, she reasoned they were cheep at wal-mart an no one saw them anymore anyway. Her boobs were so not pretty in the end, though they probably would have sagged anyway, but she never wore the right size bra.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 22:39:54
There are specific shops/catalogues that do large bra's, but they tend to be quite pricey

But, I do what you do too - but I go up a chest size, down a cup size (cup size is worked out on how many inches your boobs stick out - at least that's what I was told)

...though I find different stores measure in different ways
Unbarbie On April 02, 2011

Kitimat, Canada
#44New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 23:06:10
I am sure there would be a measurement guide online if you googled. I know for a fact that there is one in the thicker Sears catalogs.

Penningtons is also a plus size store and they carry larger sized bras. Watch for sales though because, they usually start at about $35 here
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#45New Post! Aug 10, 2010 @ 00:18:11
@ninozara Said

There are specific shops/catalogues that do large bra's, but they tend to be quite pricey

But, I do what you do too - but I go up a chest size, down a cup size (cup size is worked out on how many inches your boobs stick out - at least that's what I was told)

...though I find different stores measure in different ways

They REALLY do.

Target DD are pretty big, but Hot Topic's DD is a little smaller.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs