The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Washing Machine Destroys My Clothes.. HELP!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:29:32
Hey, well my Mom does my washing for me because she doesn't let me do it, it's not for the lack of trying believe me because I've asked because of what I'm going to ask, anyway.
When my tee's with a transfer on like for example I have a Jack Skellington tee with his picture printed onto it so when my Mom put it into the wash for the first time it was fine, but when it came out it had cracks in the printed picture, like for example, if it's a black tee and a white picture, the white picture would have cracks in it and then you'd be able to see the black of the actual tee underneath the white picture =/
and I've had enough of this happening because it's ruining my clothes and I hardly have any nice clothes left to go out in.

Also, if it's a black tee well then the color will fade and will end up less and less black over time, so I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to prevent both of these things happening, like put it on a "soft wash" or use a different fabric softener, and if so which brand would you suggest?

Thanx for any help, I'm real sorry it's long and I hope it's all understandable :]
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#2New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:30:56
Buy some new clothes Sorry mustn't laugh
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:31:39
could be a Decepticon???
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#4New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:31:59
turn them inside out when washing,and dont put in dryer hang up to dry
thunderwish On August 15, 2009

#5New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:32:42
washing machines can be evil
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#6New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:33:40
You could of put inside a transformer, thinking it was a washing machine
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:34:16
@Allyson Said

ahh yh, I'm not sure if all my clothes are put in the dryer or not, I'll have to ask, thanx :]

anymore suggestions would still be appreciated =]
Paradigm10 On July 09, 2010

Old Forge,
#8New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:35:55
@Allyson Said

Ditto and for some items you simply must resort to handwashing.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#9New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:59:20
Use Woolite or some other detergent which won't make your colors fade. I think there's a Woolite for black clothes. It's a gentle, liquid detergent. I agree with what Allyson said about turning it inside out, use the gentle cycle, and hang it up to dry. If your water has chlorine in it as my city water does, it's hard to keep colors from fading.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#10New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 21:00:52
Cracking on t-shirts is just kinda normal, its annoying though.
It caused by putting something that doesn't stretch onto something that does. Heat sometimes makes it worse because of how it affects the ink, so air drying helps with that,

The washing inside helps becuase there is less abrasive stuff to rub against it and damage it that way.

there are detergents for black clothing, but black dye is always going to fade. if its something that is plain black, you can always re-dye them, but that won't help stuff with graphics.

by nature t-shirts, sweatshirts and just tend to fade and look worn as they get washed and used. Jeans do it too, actually its most items that are made out of cotton. its one of the properties of the fiber.
Paradigm10 On July 09, 2010

Old Forge,
#11New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 01:45:11
@DiscordTiger Said

Cracking on t-shirts is just kinda normal, its annoying though.
It caused by putting something that doesn't stretch onto something that does. Heat sometimes makes it worse because of how it affects the ink, so air drying helps with that,

The washing inside helps becuase there is less abrasive stuff to rub against it and damage it that way.

there are detergents for black clothing, but black dye is always going to fade. if its something that is plain black, you can always re-dye them, but that won't help stuff with graphics.

by nature t-shirts, sweatshirts and just tend to fade and look worn as they get washed and used. Jeans do it too, actually its most items that are made out of cotton. its one of the properties of the fiber.

My husband still has Grateful Dead T-shirts from concerts he went to when he was a teen-ager.

The silk-screened graphics are still great but the fabric itself is tissue thin.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs