The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Was Satan created in God’s image or is she God?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Feb 11, 2014 @ 14:53:57

God would have been the only form in the universe and since we are created in his image then it seems logical that all entities that God created would have his form or image.

Vatican art depicts Satan as a female and depicts God as a male. Here we see man placing un-warranted blame on women. As usual.

The first commandment says that we are not to place anyone above God for anything. God is to be the epitome of all attributes including good and evil.

This makes sense from the POV of looking at God as being alone in the beginning, before he began to create. All good and evils have to have come from God’s essence. There can be no other source.

If good and evil are then equal in power, it follows that God and Satan are also equal.

That would explain how in Job 3;2, God complains that Satan moved him to do evil by destroying without just cause.

It would also explain how in the story of King David, God could be so vile as to torture King David’s baby for 6 days before finally murdering it. Only a Satanic God could do such a thing. Right?

Is that also why God denies us justice by not imposing his sentence on Satan and putting her in hell?

Is Satan as powerful as God and is that why God seems to be rewarding Satan with dominion over us and the power to deceive us all?

Regards
DL
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Feb 11, 2014 @ 15:17:51
the wheat would have d***s.
the chaff c***s?
Tigerstar7 On February 03, 2024

#3New Post! Feb 11, 2014 @ 21:25:58
@GreatestIam2 Said

HE was an angel. Angels weren't created in God's image like humans were said to have been.

@GreatestIam2 Said
God would have been the only form in the universe and since we are created in his image then it seems logical that all entities that God created would have his form or image.

But God can do anything and if he's the only form at the time, coming up with something original is even easier.

@GreatestIam2 Said
Vatican art depicts Satan as a female and depicts God as a male. Here we see man placing un-warranted blame on women. As usual.

Ok, yeah.

@GreatestIam2 Said
The first commandment says that we are not to place anyone above God for anything. God is to be the epitome of all attributes including good and evil.

The first commandment is to only worship God and no other gods. He is not the epitome of evil.

@GreatestIam2 Said
This makes sense from the POV of looking at God as being alone in the beginning, before he began to create. All good and evils have to have come from God’s essence. There can be no other source.

To quote Albert Einstein, evil is the lack of good. Therefore, evil wasn't created.

@GreatestIam2 Said
If good and evil are then equal in power, it follows that God and Satan are also equal.

They are not equal in power, as God wins in the end.

Ottawa, Canada
#4New Post! Feb 11, 2014 @ 22:02:24
You are assuming God wins.

If good and evil are equal as indicated by the tree of good and evil, not the tree of evil because there is not good as you would name it, then what makes you so sure God wins?

And why is the fight still on when God said he had sentenced Satan to hell. Does God not have the power to carry out his sentence?

You say that God is the epitome of good but not of evil. Whose name would you place above Gods?

Regards
DL
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#5New Post! Feb 11, 2014 @ 22:59:21
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#6New Post! Feb 11, 2014 @ 23:28:44
@GreatestIam2 Said

Vatican art depicts Satan as a female

Satan before the Lord. Satan looks male there.

Satan cast down from heaven. I'm not 100% sure which of those is Satan but they're all men.

Satan cursing Job with boils. Again, male.

Where do you see Vatican art depicting Satan as female? I can't find any.

Ottawa, Canada
#7New Post! Feb 12, 2014 @ 13:46:05

Let me see. A tyrannical God in heaven and a progressive woman in hell.

Call me a happy Kenny.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#8New Post! Feb 12, 2014 @ 14:01:17
@someone_else_again Said

Satan before the Lord. Satan looks male there.

Satan cast down from heaven. I'm not 100% sure which of those is Satan but they're all men.

Satan cursing Job with boils. Again, male.

Where do you see Vatican art depicting Satan as female? I can't find any.

Try the greatest artist they used.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Michelangelo+eden&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Hn77Usm7C-ScyQGji4Fo&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1023&bih=539

Regards
DL
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#9New Post! Feb 12, 2014 @ 18:15:01
@GreatestIam2 Said

Try the greatest artist they used.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Michelangelo+eden&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Hn77Usm7C-ScyQGji4Fo&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1023&bih=539

Regards
DL

Okay...I'm sure you intentionally sent me to a Google image search but I don't think we're seeing this picture the same way.

What I'm seeing is picture that shows Adam and Eve being expelled from the Garden of Eden. It seems to be a "scroll" type picture that denotes action.

On the left, I see Adam and Eve being tempted by Satan in the form of a serpent. On the right, I see Adam and Eve being kept out of the Garden by the angel with the flaming sword.

Eve and the figure in red (which I believe is the angel) appear female, the other two appear male. I suppose that could be a breast in the armpit of the serpent but...who knows?

Do you have any other pictures to go on? I provided three to your one.

Ottawa, Canada
#10New Post! Feb 12, 2014 @ 18:34:29
Yes I do. I could have hundreds and it would not matter.

Regards
DL
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#11New Post! Feb 12, 2014 @ 18:36:09
@GreatestIam2 Said

Yes I do. I could have hundreds and it would not matter.

Regards
DL

Probably right but there's a difference between "Michaelangelo painted Satan as a female" and "The Catholic Church thinks Satan is a female." Do they not refer to him in the masculine?

Ottawa, Canada
#12New Post! Feb 12, 2014 @ 18:52:02
@someone_else_again Said

Probably right but there's a difference between "Michaelangelo painted Satan as a female" and "The Catholic Church thinks Satan is a female." Do they not refer to him in the masculine?

They also refer to their genocidal son murderer as a good God.

Did they not pay to have Satan painted as a female?

Regards
DL
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#13New Post! Feb 12, 2014 @ 18:59:44
@GreatestIam2 Said

Did they not pay to have Satan painted as a female?

Regards
DL

I have no idea. Of course, you've only shown me one painting so that one could be a fluke. It also could be the "androgynous" that they try to make angels since Satan is, after all, an angel. Right? According to the Bible anyway.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#14New Post! Feb 14, 2014 @ 20:32:18
I FOUND HER! I FOUND HER!!!

SATAN IN 2016
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#15New Post! Feb 15, 2014 @ 00:02:23
@GreatestIam2 Said

You are assuming God wins.

Why are you speaking in future tense?

God has already won.

Jesus Christ defeated him upon Calvary.

1 Corinthians 15:54-58
[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
[55] O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
[56] The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
[57] But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
[58] Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

@GreatestIam2 Said

If good and evil are equal as indicated by the tree of good and evil, not the tree of evil because there is not good as you would name it, then what makes you so sure God wins?

You wrestle with the scripture.

Be humble before God Almighty and he may give you understanding.

Isaiah 45:7
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God forms the light. Men turn away from the light. Darkness is created.

The light is peace. The darkness is evil.

Men choose the evil over the light.

If all men walked in the light then the darkness would be of no consequence.

But men choose darkness and thereby the light is all the more glorious. And will be even more so in eternity.

@GreatestIam2 Said

And why is the fight still on when God said he had sentenced Satan to hell. Does God not have the power to carry out his sentence?

You are supposing that there is no time lapse between sentencing and execution.

Such a supposition is obviously in error.

@GreatestIam2 Said

You say that God is the epitome of good but not of evil. Whose name would you place above Gods?

Regards
DL

Your reasoning is continually riddled with error.

How does God being the epitome of good but not of evil lead to some other name being above God's name?

Evil exists so that God will be glorified when he destroys it.

Romans 9:22
[22] What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs