Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! May 11, 2020 @ 18:15:16

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The usual definition means abandoned or deserted.

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 11, 2020 @ 21:40:58
@GreatestIam2 Said

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

DL

Jesus was schizophrenic...?
Darkman666 On about 20 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! May 11, 2020 @ 22:19:21
@GreatestIam2 Said

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL

you thought that jesus mean " bless me " when he said forsaken me.

jesus might thought god could have left him on to punished him for man's sins. but last few moment of life that jesus had. jesus look in the sky, and he realized that he was wrong. jesus know god want him to learned man's sins to understand. jesus knew then he scarificed himself to teach man must have to sins to be save.

i think jesus instead " my god, my god, why have forsake me ? "

jesus could have said; " my god, my god, why have you bless me ? "

Ottawa, Canada
#4New Post! May 12, 2020 @ 14:27:44
@darkman666 Said

you thought that jesus mean " bless me " when he said forsaken me.

jesus might thought god could have left him on to punished him for man's sins. but last few moment of life that jesus had. jesus look in the sky, and he realized that he was wrong. jesus know god want him to learned man's sins to understand. jesus knew then he scarificed himself to teach man must have to sins to be save.

i think jesus instead " my god, my god, why have forsake me ? "

jesus could have said; " my god, my god, why have you bless me ? "

No. I did not and do not think that Jesus meant.

Read what he said and I said and not what you want us to have said.

Jesus wanted to test the old savior myth and more than likely recognized that he was wrong to believe in the Jewish myth.

Stick to facts and the script not your own re-writing of scriptures and what I put.

Regards
DL

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! May 12, 2020 @ 19:59:58
@GreatestIam2 Said

No. I did not and do not think that Jesus meant.

Read what he said and I said and not what you want us to have said.

Jesus wanted to test the old savior myth and more than likely recognized that he was wrong to believe in the Jewish myth.

Stick to facts and the script not your own re-writing of scriptures and what I put.

Regards
DL

i wasn't try to rewrite the script. i was try to learn from you. since, i don't read the bible. for the long time, i have question the bible, it's mean. it hard to believe something been written by over 20 men or less in different time periods.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#6New Post! May 13, 2020 @ 09:48:29
Jesus wasn't Yaweh. He did give cryptic hints he was Moses. Yaweh helped Moses take the Jews out of Egypt but was probably replaced by someone after he left. That someone gave Moses the "Law of Man" (Jesus' words) which is exactly the same as the 9 commandments of Ra with the addition of a sabbath day.

Ottawa, Canada
#7New Post! May 13, 2020 @ 18:17:35
@darkman666 Said

i wasn't try to rewrite the script. i was try to learn from you. since, i don't read the bible. for the long time, i have question the bible, it's mean. it hard to believe something been written by over 20 men or less in different time periods.

Why do you think Christians and Gnostic Christians wrote their myths?

Try thinking it was just for talking points when everyone knew they were discussing imaginary concepts.

Listen close to this first link as well as the last one.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
https://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#8New Post! May 13, 2020 @ 18:19:36
@4d4m Said

Jesus wasn't Yaweh. He did give cryptic hints he was Moses. Yaweh helped Moses take the Jews out of Egypt but was probably replaced by someone after he left. That someone gave Moses the "Law of Man" (Jesus' words) which is exactly the same as the 9 commandments of Ra with the addition of a sabbath day.

Yahweh also helped put the Jews in bondage.

Yahweh is an a hole.

Regards
DL

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! May 13, 2020 @ 19:24:31
@GreatestIam2 Said

Why do you think Christians and Gnostic Christians wrote their myths?

Try thinking it was just for talking points when everyone knew they were discussing imaginary concepts.

Listen close to this first link as well as the last one.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
https://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

first thing, you tube about jesus. it played about a guy talking about technology. not jesus. i was suppose subscript something to hear this?

second, i was being a jew, i try to show compassion to fellow human beings. no matters, what a religion, or race you are or in. when you see i see a human being. period. i only judge the personality and the person's motives. mainly my instincts.

when i was a kid, my rabbi told that jewish people had a one god, never prayed to idols.

the golden rule, i was taught in school and my religion. i think has more common sense to follow not one certain religion. mean everybody deserve the golden rule.

i have seen the first one video, after the the second one. i was stuck read transcript, i got bored third of it, and quit read.

i thought when i was young in temple , what my rabbi and sunday teachers told tales from the bible. i thought they were fairy tales , in many ways, i still do.

now, i know the bible has deep meanings, you read lines in it, maybe you get the drift what it is talking. many ways, i don't read the bible because to me sound more fairy tales and myths to believe.

i do believe there is science is in the bible, i can't answer. whether or not, there is supernatural in the bible. i would rather have science tell if a fact or a myth.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! May 14, 2020 @ 00:07:25
@GreatestIam2 Said

Further.

Regards
DL

When one assesses this, one needs to remember that Jesus was not viewed as the one and only begotten son of god at the time.

Jesus did not view himself as the one and only begotten son of god.

Jesus viewed us all as the children of god.

Jesus never called himself god.

This only begotten son of god messiah virgin born thing came from the Emperor Constantine.

It was all pretty standard myth motif.

All that aside...

Yahweh was a tribal war god... not the one god... that would be El... who happened to also be the high god of the Babylonians.

etc

4dforum.org,
#11New Post! May 15, 2020 @ 05:26:33
They aren't myths, they are detailed accounts of sorcerers in action. Since these sorcerers are just people, and mostly not enlightened (following the path of power) they repeat their past actions over and over. Figuring out who's lying and who's telling the truth is the trick. Observing and having knowledge of the intent of the writers is the trick. It's to help for all time. One has to keep in mind they took over the religions and have gone to great lengths to rewrite the stories in their favor. The victors get to write the history books.

Ottawa, Canada
#12New Post! May 15, 2020 @ 12:11:28
I am not sure what science link you went to but it is not anything I gave.
I tried the link and it does go to Karen Armstrong talk on god.

I like that you use logos and not mythos.

Regards
DL
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#13New Post! May 15, 2020 @ 14:09:20
@4d4m Said

They aren't myths

Yes, They are myths as are sorcerers.

Side note: You really should read the Bible and consider studying it so your position has more foundation. And or a book on comparative theology and:or mythology… A great place to start would be Joseph Campbell.

Just a thought.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! May 15, 2020 @ 15:56:16
i thought the druids were witches and sorcerers started a lot of occults that been around centuries. more fact than myth.

4dforum.org,
#15New Post! May 15, 2020 @ 18:06:25
If you get into their heads you start to understand. For instance, draining power or chi is a strategy to enhance ones own power and decrease the energy of the masses. The power is drained when you sleep that's why sometimes you wake up tired. To avoid this one might stay up at night and sleep in the day. If you slept in a coffin during the day the disembodied vampire might think you were a body and leave you alone.
If the vamps figured this out they would declare at their sermons the "real" vamps slept in crypts during the day and the only way to kill them would be to drive a stake in their hearts, the rest would be history. Much like child molesters seeking jobs as priests or teachers the vamps would take over the church.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs